Students Light Up For 4:20,guess The 1St Picture In The Slideshow.

Yep, our beloved past time/activity again gets lumped in.

[url="http://news.yahoo.com/photos/latest-news-photos-slideshow/student-uses-water-pipe-smoke-marijuana-outside-police-photo-011039896.html;_ylt=AlMs9RuNxrEQ4mvqu3mMsAvzWed_;_ylu=X3oDMTRvczE4NGNnBG1pdANBcnRpY2xlIFJlbGF0ZWQgQ2Fyb3VzZWwEcGtnA2QxZTk2OWE5LWYzN2ItM2U1ZS1hZjE2LTRhZTZlODgyMTliZgRwb3MDMgRzZWMDTWVkaWFBcnRpY2xlUmVsYXRlZENhcm91c2VsVGVtcAR2ZXIDZWExY2VlMjAtOGI0ZS0xMWUxLTljZmYtMWM4YzEwYWI4ZGEy;_ylg=X3oDMTJyZXFhNzBvBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDZDRmYWM3NmQtMmY5Mi0zNjcwLThiMDAtN2VkYWFmNTRlZjkxBHBzdGNhdAN1cwRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2UEdGVzdAM-;_ylv=3"]http://news.yahoo.com/photos/latest-news-photos-slideshow/student-uses-water-pipe-smoke-marijuana-outside-police-photo-011039896.html;_ylt=AlMs9RuNxrEQ4mvqu3mMsAvzWed_;_ylu=X3oDMTRvczE4NGNnBG1pdANBcnRpY2xlIFJlbGF0ZWQgQ2Fyb3VzZWwEcGtnA2QxZTk2OWE5LWYzN2ItM2U1ZS1hZjE2LTRhZTZlODgyMTliZgRwb3MDMgRzZWMDTWVkaWFBcnRpY2xlUmVsYXRlZENhcm91c2VsVGVtcAR2ZXIDZWExY2VlMjAtOGI0ZS0xMWUxLTljZmYtMWM4YzEwYWI4ZGEy;_ylg=X3oDMTJyZXFhNzBvBGludGwDdXMEbGFuZwNlbi11cwRwc3RhaWQDZDRmYWM3NmQtMmY5Mi0zNjcwLThiMDAtN2VkYWFmNTRlZjkxBHBzdGNhdAN1cwRwdANzdG9yeXBhZ2UEdGVzdAM-;_ylv=3[/url]

Hookahs have a stigma, time to suck it up,accept it, and get back to our legal activities, sad but true.

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1334993516' post='545528']
What the fuck! Can you even smoke that stuff properly in a hookah? [color=#ff0000]yes. [/color]As far as I know, that stuff requires direct combustion? [color=#ff0000]no, it doesn't. [/color]This is just the perfect start to my day. :wallbash:[color=#ff0000]eh.[/color]
[/quote]
  • Upvote 1

yup, things are not getting any easier for us. I had the cable repair people here not to long ago, he saw 2 of my pipes and he just starts asking stupid questions like do i just buy or sell, It only took two questions for me to just say I use tobacco only why the hell would I smoke anything else out of it. After that he stopped asking. Yea guys its an uphill battle all the way.

Yep, this sucks. Especially living in Colorado where we have legal medicinal... stuff, people get the wrong connotation ALL the time, on the flip side, however, people tend to ignore it as well because it has become a part of the culture of this state. I just wish people would educate themselves more on a practice that has been around legally for hundreds of years.
  • Upvote 1

You know, I look at that girl in the photo, and I can't help but think she looks like the type that probably wouldn't even have any NHT in the bowl, she's probably smoking Fantasia, or Starbuzz(most likely dye accounting for the extreme tint to the vase water) and is there simply "be cool and be going against the norm" with about 5,000 other tools. God I hate society.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1335048594' post='545576']
You know, I look at that girl in the photo, and I can't help but think she looks like the type that probably wouldn't even have any NHT in the bowl, she's probably smoking Fantasia, or Starbuzz(most likely dye accounting for the extreme tint to the vase water) and is there simply "be cool and be going against the norm" with about 5,000 other tools. God I hate society.
[/quote]

could kool-aid or some other brand of punch.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1334990190' post='545525']
Ugh...
[/quote]

i second this, dumb people....hurting the general of this hobby...

legal at a state level, sure, but this image alone destroys absolutely any chance of any security clearance, any federal contracts, and most federal employment, the Batman says no arms whatsoever, any chance to ever, ever, get any class 3 paperwork done is a no way. any DOT regulated licensing is a likely nogo, and even if you could get a class A, no way they can hold hazmat certification. For a min of 2 years after you prove non-use an AME has to fail you. Even after 2 years there is no way to get high pref or complex endorsements. Your insurance company can goon you, or just outright drop you. No chance to get an EUC from any gov't property liquidator. Hell, that is all the good things I like! A real high price (no pun intended... really) for acting like a fool.

Not worth that risk in any way. I wonder if she heard the doors slamming to all those opportunities the instant that pix was taken.

can you say "dumb ass"?

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1335065971' post='545593']
legal at a state level, sure, but this image alone destroys absolutely any chance of any security clearance, any federal contracts, and most federal employment, the Batman says no arms whatsoever, any chance to ever, ever, get any class 3 paperwork done is a no way. any DOT regulated licensing is a likely nogo, and even if you could get a class A, no way they can hold hazmat certification. For a min of 2 years after you prove non-use an AME has to fail you. Even after 2 years there is no way to get high pref or complex endorsements. Your insurance company can goon you, or just outright drop you. No chance to get an EUC from any gov't property liquidator. Hell, that is all the good things I like! A real high price (no pun intended... really) for acting like a fool.

Not worth that risk in any way. I wonder if she heard the doors slamming to all those opportunities the instant that pix was taken.

can you say "dumb ass"?
[/quote]

Sir, I can actually agree with you for once. well said

People just love blaming us for everything.

I was smoking in our garage one day and the cable guy for the neighbors came by and asked what kind of hookah i was smoking and if we sold them and i was like well you can buy this one if you want he was like oh cool, asking tons of questions came back the next day and bought it but i've never personally had someone ask if i smoke ..... out of it

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1335216768' post='545711']
If i was going to walk around with a hookah it would be the Mini Mya.
[/quote]
i would make a wagon to cart my KM

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1335048594' post='545576']
[/quote]
agreed

[/quote]
I'd have my servant tow my Elmas in a little red wagon. :lol:

[quote name='gramps' timestamp='1335254462' post='545752']
[/quote]
[/quote]

Maybe I'll invest in the ridiculously expensive backpack hookah from Meduse ^_^

• 4 weeks later...
[quote name='CO_hookah' timestamp='1335280245' post='545763']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
then go preach to people about how its for tobacco and let people try it. think of it as street ministry

[quote name='skeetsak' timestamp='1337209391' post='547435']
[quote name='CO_hookah' timestamp='1335280245' post='545763']
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
then go preach to people about how its for tobacco and let people try it. think of it as street ministry
[/quote]

Aw, yeah! And let people try, as well... Preach with some solid evidence!

[quote name='CO_hookah' timestamp='1335043643' post='545572']
Yep, this sucks. Especially living in Colorado where we have legal medicinal... stuff, people get the wrong connotation ALL the time, on the flip side, however, people tend to ignore it as well because it has become a part of the culture of this state. I just wish people would educate themselves more on a practice that has been around legally for hundreds of years.
[/quote]
Yeah, being in Denver i have stopped caring when people make assumptions, like ill correct them as far as my pipes are concerned, but i have some friends who always ask to use it for that...I tell them no, cause imo it is disrespectful to my hookah. But I really try to not take my hookah out in public just to avoid any kinda drama, cause i definitely dont look like the type who would use a hookah for tobacco only, i mean heck i rep the hatchet and have dreadlocks....

Perhaps the problem is more that NHT is illegal to begin with. I don't get pissed off if someone sees a drink in my hand and assumes it's alcohol. Don't wanna start a grand debate here, but .02 is .02. Legality aside what's the issue?
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Giant Ninja Robot' timestamp='1337272694' post='547465']
Perhaps the problem is more that NHT is illegal to begin with. I don't get pissed off if someone sees a drink in my hand and assumes it's alcohol. Don't wanna start a grand debate here, but .02 is .02. Legality aside what's the issue?
[/quote]

Legality is the entire issue. So many people here have taken crap for their desired hobby of hookahing, and strive to educate people that hookahs aren't "typical waterpipes". So when a bunch of little hippster kids going to school on mommy and daddy's dime light up in tribute to 420, and have to pick a hookah as the tool for them to use. Hookah takes enough crap and bad press without these ignorant little children. People keep using hookahs for NHT, we(the hookah community) may suffer with increased regulation, higher taxes, etc.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1337354615' post='547536']
[quote name='Giant Ninja Robot' timestamp='1337272694' post='547465']
[/quote]

Legality is the entire issue. So many people here have taken crap for their desired hobby of hookahing, and strive to educate people that hookahs aren't "typical waterpipes". So when a bunch of little hippster kids going to school on mommy and daddy's dime light up in tribute to 420, and have to pick a hookah as the tool for them to use. Hookah takes enough crap and bad press without these ignorant little children. People keep using hookahs for NHT, we(the hookah community) may suffer with increased regulation, higher taxes, etc.
[/quote]

Sig'd