The Walking Dead

Chreees

The comics murder the actual show by the mile.

[spoiler]But that being said, the only thing thats nagging at me, is that Shane hasnt died yet. The motherfucker better kiss dirt soon or there are going to be serious plot holes.

Oh yeah warning, spoilers... shane dies lol[/spoiler] Edited by Chreees
Added spoiler tags so nobody gets mad, haha.

Isn't the show going to be the "alternate universe" of the comic? Just think of it that way, and maybe missing plot points won't be so bad.

Also, I am excited for Walking Dead Sunday! We have pizzas and hookahs all around, and good friends to watch the zombies with!

Part two of season two is actually picking up, which Im extremely excited about. Still not quite the pace of the first season, but getting there.

And yes, Robert Kirkman who is in control of the comics and the direction of the show has said that he wants the show to be just different enough so that those who love the comics can still be decently surprised. So basically he's trying to provide a happy medium.

That said, I don't think people could handle a show that is just like the comic. Way too dark, bleak, and depressing.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1320847600' post='530902']
Haha, shut yo mouf, Secretz! :lol:

I gotta watch all of the Talking Dead stuff... totally missed it all.
[/quote]

You need to watchthis show chris is so amazing!

Meh, this whole season has been blah and continues to be. Drag out the sophia storyline for 7 episodes, and now it seems like they are going to drag out killing/leaving that kid somewhere until the end of the season. To many dragged out plot points not enough zombie action.

To be honest, I don't get all the hate this season has gotten. You don't want to watch the hunt for Sophia for 6 episodes? You don't want to see Rick and Shane quarrel over moral dilemmas endlessly, when it is clear that Rick will always err on the side of "right"? Sick of seeing the farm? Sick of the suicide drama? Certain characters pissing you off?

-If a child goes missing in non-zombie times, people go into panic and huge amounts of people scour large areas. In a best case scenario, they find the kid in a couple days. Worst case, it takes years and all they find is a body, or they never find them at all. There is no rigid, set timeline for the show, but from best estimates, it took roughly 5-14 days from when sophia goes missing to when she is found. 5 days assuming Carl can be up and walking from a gunshot in 5 days, which is what the episodes seem to say. Really, that bothers you? You're mad because it took them 5-14 days to find a kid. You expect them to just give up searching for her in a couple days? Get real.

-Every single character who has had to kill a walker or watch one be killed will be undergoing constant inner turmoil, let alone killing an actual human (or leaving them to their death). Normal, well adjusted people can't just flip a switch and go from sitting at home watching tv one night to killing (former) people the next. It just doesn't sit well with them. Sure, some time has passed since the outbreak, but Rick was in a coma for ~60 days (again, no specific timeline, just educated guesses). The outbreak didn't even get to them until a few weeks after global outbreak. My point is: not THAT much time has passed that they have become killing machines. Shane has been on the brink of "adapting to the new world", losing his humanity. Rick refuses to. He struggles with it, because he knows what is the right thing to do, but sometimes the right thing is not what keeps you alive and keeps you and your family safe. They are all beginning to see that the world they are living in has grey areas, but while some of them say "okay, that's how it is, these are dark times", others, like Dale, refuse that, and refuse to lose their humanity. We are at the apex of those struggles, and, if the next episodes teaser told me anything, it's that we are going to see all of that come to a head. Besides, look at Darryl. What happened to nice, sweet Darryl? Everyone is dealing with this same problem differently.

-If you were in a position where you had the option of either being a scavenger and struggling to survive, or being able to settle down with some degree of safety and consistency in your life, you wouldn't take it? You would rather continue trying to find safe places to sleep (when you can sleep), trying to not get killed/robbed/assaulted/raped by other human scavengers, trying not to get bitten/eaten by walkers, etc.? Does that make any sense? No. Exactly why you're seeing a lot of the farm. After months of just trying to survive, they have found a place that feels, even just a little bit, like the world used to. They would not just say "oh, fuck it, lets all go shoot guns in a shopping mall!", because it makes no sense.

-This goes back to what I said about Darryl. Everyone is dealing with the "new world" differently, and some people are just not built for a world like that. They can't handle it. We have so many diverse characters in the show that it only makes sense that there will be more than just one "token suicide attempt". I think it came at the perfect time and it was nice to see them revisit that. It sort of got brushed under the rug with the odd conversation between Dale and Andrea, and her telling him off, but it never felt resolved, and it still isn't. But that's just it, things don't get all cut/dry resolved in the real world. She will continue to deal with that, and that will affect how she deals with the events to come.

-I don't like everyone I work with. Didn't like all the people I went to school with. Hell, I don't like most people. But I still have to put up with their BS. Their world is no different. Not everyone is going to get along, but they make compromises when they can so that they can work together and help each other survive. Just because they have the option to abandon people or kill people or leave them to walkers, etc, doesn't mean they will or should. That all comes back to the humanity thing. Once you lose it, there is no going back. Why do you think Dale (as much of a broken record as he is) tries so hard to not let people do things that remove them from humanity. That take the last little bit of them that's left. This point is made more clear in the comics, but, once you lose your humanity and become a killing machine with no heart for helping people/working together....what makes you any different than the zombies?

So, piss and moan all you want, you've got every right. But I, for one, have enjoyed every single episode and plot point and will most likely continue to enjoy them :D
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1330381380' post='540712']
To be honest, I don't get all the hate this season has gotten. You don't want to watch the hunt for Sophia for 6 episodes? You don't want to see Rick and Shane quarrel over moral dilemmas endlessly, when it is clear that Rick will always err on the side of "right"? Sick of seeing the farm? Sick of the suicide drama? Certain characters pissing you off?

-If a child goes missing in non-zombie times, people go into panic and huge amounts of people scour large areas. In a best case scenario, they find the kid in a couple days. Worst case, it takes years and all they find is a body, or they never find them at all. There is no rigid, set timeline for the show, but from best estimates, it took roughly 5-14 days from when sophia goes missing to when she is found. 5 days assuming Carl can be up and walking from a gunshot in 5 days, which is what the episodes seem to say. Really, that bothers you? You're mad because it took them 5-14 days to find a kid. You expect them to just give up searching for her in a couple days? Get real.

-Every single character who has had to kill a walker or watch one be killed will be undergoing constant inner turmoil, let alone killing an actual human (or leaving them to their death). Normal, well adjusted people can't just flip a switch and go from sitting at home watching tv one night to killing (former) people the next. It just doesn't sit well with them. Sure, some time has passed since the outbreak, but Rick was in a coma for ~60 days (again, no specific timeline, just educated guesses). The outbreak didn't even get to them until a few weeks after global outbreak. My point is: not THAT much time has passed that they have become killing machines. Shane has been on the brink of "adapting to the new world", losing his humanity. Rick refuses to. He struggles with it, because he knows what is the right thing to do, but sometimes the right thing is not what keeps you alive and keeps you and your family safe. They are all beginning to see that the world they are living in has grey areas, but while some of them say "okay, that's how it is, these are dark times", others, like Dale, refuse that, and refuse to lose their humanity. We are at the apex of those struggles, and, if the next episodes teaser told me anything, it's that we are going to see all of that come to a head. Besides, look at Darryl. What happened to nice, sweet Darryl? Everyone is dealing with this same problem differently.

-If you were in a position where you had the option of either being a scavenger and struggling to survive, or being able to settle down with some degree of safety and consistency in your life, you wouldn't take it? You would rather continue trying to find safe places to sleep (when you can sleep), trying to not get killed/robbed/assaulted/raped by other human scavengers, trying not to get bitten/eaten by walkers, etc.? Does that make any sense? No. Exactly why you're seeing a lot of the farm. After months of just trying to survive, they have found a place that feels, even just a little bit, like the world used to. They would not just say "oh, fuck it, lets all go shoot guns in a shopping mall!", because it makes no sense.

-This goes back to what I said about Darryl. Everyone is dealing with the "new world" differently, and some people are just not built for a world like that. They can't handle it. We have so many diverse characters in the show that it only makes sense that there will be more than just one "token suicide attempt". I think it came at the perfect time and it was nice to see them revisit that. It sort of got brushed under the rug with the odd conversation between Dale and Andrea, and her telling him off, but it never felt resolved, and it still isn't. But that's just it, things don't get all cut/dry resolved in the real world. She will continue to deal with that, and that will affect how she deals with the events to come.

-I don't like everyone I work with. Didn't like all the people I went to school with. Hell, I don't like most people. But I still have to put up with their BS. Their world is no different. Not everyone is going to get along, but they make compromises when they can so that they can work together and help each other survive. Just because they have the option to abandon people or kill people or leave them to walkers, etc, doesn't mean they will or should. That all comes back to the humanity thing. Once you lose it, there is no going back. Why do you think Dale (as much of a broken record as he is) tries so hard to not let people do things that remove them from humanity. That take the last little bit of them that's left. This point is made more clear in the comics, but, once you lose your humanity and become a killing machine with no heart for helping people/working together....what makes you any different than the zombies?

So, piss and moan all you want, you've got every right. But I, for one, have enjoyed every single episode and plot point and will most likely continue to enjoy them :D
[/quote]

I hate to break it to you, but the show is actually fictitious
  • Upvote 2

yah it was kind of prolonged in the first half of the second season im just now finishing downloading the second part gonna watch it asap cant wait! all i know is im sure it will pick up and kick even more tv butt

[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1330381380' post='540712']
Ty`s amazingly long post :D
[/quote]
Its not that they messed up any of the interactions and peoples reactions to things that bothered me, it was the fact that some of the drama could have been shortened, I enjoyed the episodes for what they were but I think all the points they were trying to make could have been made in an episode or two less (I enjoy the show for the story a lot, but we all like to see a little zombie action :D ). I was kinda annoyed cos as soon as I learned about the zombies in the barn I was 95% sure Sofia was gonna be in there.

my best explanation for how slow first half of the season ,
They have more episode to tell the story with. Yeah season one was the shit because it was fast pace ,but they had to tell season 1 with 6 episode not knowing that it would such a hude sucess that season 2 would be double the size. so they had to pace things a bit . now im hoping tho season 3 will have same amount of episodes but with season 1 paceing . Dont get me wrong i love the show its a nice change of pace from reality and game show type of tc shows

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1330382004' post='540713'] I hate to break it to you, but the show is actually fictitious [/quote]

+1

If you want to keep viewers you need to give them what they want. The show has become pretty different from season one, so maybe it is just the fact that they have gained so much success. We will see what happens in the last few episodes as well as season 3 before I write it off. But this is going the same way as Rescue me..first 3 seasons were great, on point, a great mix of drama and action that a firefighter can relate to..and then it got way to drama filled with no enough of the balance of what made it a great show.

My problem with season two has not been the content in which we have been given, but the PACING of it. It's an extremely different feel from the first season. Yes, part two of season two has picked up a bit from part one, but it's still feeling like it's being drawn out, as if they're like, "Okay, we have to make these things happen, but over a course of 13 (I think there's going to be 13 episodes total for season two) episodes, so we have to stretch it to fit." I didn't get that feeling with season one, which was of course much shorter (6 episodes).

They are focusing a lot more on character development this season, which is why there's a lot more "down time," meaning there's more time spent on the characters just talking and whatnot. While this is good to have character development, it's just a different feel than the first season and just throws me off. I want consistency in a show, and having different pacing in a show from one season to a next is inconsistent to me. It's my ONLY complaint about the show. Everything else I've totally been happy with. I just wish there was more consistency between seasons one and two. I would have preferred they kept the faster pacing of the first season because it seems to go along better with the whole "zombie apocalypse" theme. Additionally, the comics are VERY fast-paced, and I'm used to those. I know not everyone has or will read the comics, but just overall I feel the show would benefit from a somewhat faster pacing. I think a lot of people feel the same way and have let it be known, because like I said, part two has picked up a lot.

Ya! they got rid of that whining, tottering, old fool. I must say, he was my most disliked character. Now burn that ancient Winnebago, and call it a day. The guy was too much hippie-love-child to survive a zombie apocalypse.

i really wished they explored the whole "no bite needed to become infected" theory that is in the comics, as they hinted to it with the two guards in the last episode.