The Walking Dead

Chreees

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1331519657' post='542247']
Excellent episode! Can't wait to see the finale next Sunday!

And yeah: [spoiler]I'm very pleased with the way they killed Shane. Rick doing it initially, and Carl finishing him off... perfect![/spoiler]
[/quote]

[spoiler]
The last 5-10 mins of the episode i was like WTF. Fucking great cant wait for next weeks episode
[/spoiler]

So, this is kind of walking dead related:
[img]http://suddenlinkenews.com/Suddenlink/Portal/templates/GreenBarNOFOOTER/images/spacer.gif[/img]
[i][size=3]"As indicated Friday night, the owners of the AMC Network want a nearly 50% increase over what they were paid last year, and a greater than 100% increase in annual payments by the end of their new proposed contract. Those demands are outrageous and unfair to you – but unfortunately, AMC is drawing a hard line in the sand. In fact, they have refused two recent requests we made, both of which would have kept the affected cable channels available to our customers.

First, AMC rejected our request to extend this Wednesday night’s contract deadline by 30 days. That extension would have given both our companies additional time to establish a new contract with more reasonable terms and conditions — and importantly, it would have allowed “Walking Dead” fans to see that series’ season finale. Because AMC originally suggested Wednesday’s deadline and now refuses to extend it, we can only conclude that they are trying to be as disruptive as possible to Suddenlink customers and thereby create leverage for their unjustified demands.

Second, AMC Networks refused our request to negotiate separate contracts; one for just the AMC cable channel; and one for other channels they own. We asked for separate contracts so that both companies could focus on the AMC programming in which our customers are most interested.

By refusing these requests, New York-based AMC has made it clear that their viewers are not their first priority. In fact, they have told us they are seeking these outrageous increases to meet Wall Street expectations.

Please know that it is AMC — not Suddenlink — that is threatening to take this programming away from you. We remain willing to carry AMC programming during our negotiations, but we cannot legally do so without their permission after this Wednesday night, March 14.

We hope you will encourage AMC Networks to stop the games and keep their programming available to Suddenlink customers at a reasonable price. We’ve set up this [url="http://suddenlinkenews.com/Portal/view.aspx?uh=8331889533835136141&t=18539&a=Click&s=11408&m=11409&b=2694&l=432&w=6940"]email contact form[/url] for your convenience.

For more information, visit [url="http://suddenlinkenews.com/Portal/view.aspx?uh=8331889533835136141&t=18540&a=Click&s=11408&m=11409&b=2694&l=432&w=6940"]suddenlinkfyi.com[/url].

Thank you for your support and patience."[/size][/i]

The short version of this, is that we will not get to watch Walking Dead on our TV. Instead, we will have to download it, then watch it. Stupid AMC, making watching our show hard.

Sometimes I really wish The Walking Dead were on another network... AMC is fucking stupid. First they fire Frank Darabont, which is likely the reason for why [spoiler]Dale's character, Jeffrey DeMunn, left this season, as he was good friends with Darabont and was NOT happy to see him fired,[/spoiler] and also cut the budget for the show by a lot compared to the first season, and now this shit... As I said, AMC is FUCKING STOOPID.

man shit is really getting heavy with this show, dales dead and so is shane, but shane needed to die he was a pain in the ass super annoying i'd rather dale live then shane

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1331750249' post='542529']
man shit is really getting heavy with this show, dales dead and so is shane, but shane needed to die he was a pain in the ass super annoying i'd rather dale live then shane
[/quote]
please go watch this :D
http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6739482/official-spoiler-rules

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1331755757' post='542540']
man you really need to catch up then. lol its been out for 4 days come on slow poke
[/quote]
yeah well its still a funny video

That guy was one strange item. One of those sort of characters that completely nuts, and for some reason every other char in the show just goes on trying to tolerate. Talk about one guy that needed voting off the island, he was it. And they did it in such a perfect way, knife to the chest, and Browning highpower to the forehead-some characters just deserve a little overkill.

Going to need some new people in the group, attrition is really shrinking the numbers

[quote name='TheScotsman' timestamp='1331784000' post='542632']
That guy was one strange item. One of those sort of characters that completely nuts, and for some reason every other char in the show just goes on trying to tolerate. Talk about one guy that needed voting off the island, he was it. And they did it in such a perfect way, knife to the chest, and Browning highpower to the forehead-some characters just deserve a little overkill.

[b]Going to need some new people in the group, attrition is really shrinking the numbers[/b]
[/quote]

New (and very interesting I hope, based off of what I know from the comics) characters coming soon, to a TV near you... :D

Anyone else notice how loud and disgusting sound effects are in the audio mix? Every "silent" scene is filled with awful panting and gasping, and zombies always make this huge "CRRRRUNCHSPLATTERSQUISH" sound whenever they're killed. I'm finding it very distracting!

[quote name='Epoch' timestamp='1332008923' post='542775']
Anyone else notice how loud and disgusting sound effects are in the audio mix? Every "silent" scene is filled with awful panting and gasping, and zombies always make this huge "CRRRRUNCHSPLATTERSQUISH" sound whenever they're killed. I'm finding it very distracting!
[/quote]

yeah I prefer 28 days later zombies.

Pretty good season finale, and I think everyone knows who the man in black was.

Sorry, PERSON in black..I will say no more..

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1332026743' post='542782']
[quote name='Epoch' timestamp='1332008923' post='542775']
[/quote]

yeah I prefer 28 days later zombies.
[/quote]
28 days later zombies scare the crap out of me, i like slow/power walking zombies that WD has, they are more realistic if youre thinking of the rising from the dead type zombies.
AND
[spoiler] MICHONNE MICHONNE MICHONNE!!!!!! that is going to be so awesome, so glad theyre moving back towards the comics with the next season [/spoiler]

That was an epic season finale!!! Don't think it could have been any better. I was disappointed with the first half of the season, but it definitely redeemed itself in the end.

[spoiler]MICHONNE AND PRISON IN SEASON THREE, WHICH WILL BE FUCKING EPIC. NUFF SAID.[/spoiler]

Am I the only one who was underwhelmed by the finale? It was good but I thought it came across half-assed and some of the zombie extras were REALLY bad this episode. Walking through a gate one actually put his hand up on the post to help himself through.

Maybe I'm just being way too picky but I found myself less empathetic with the characters than previous episodes.

[quote name='king_lunchb0x' timestamp='1332208187' post='542901']
[spoiler] who was the person with the sword at the end? was that machonne? or wut ever chrees was saying?[/spoiler]
[/quote]

Yes. [spoiler]Michonne, a badass chick![/spoiler]