Ok Gamers, Next Gen Discussion(Yes Console, Please Keep The Pc/console Trash Talk Out)

ChicagoRSX

Can't wait, PS4 drops in 2 days, have Friday off work to relax and play! Hopefully will be a good day.

Envious, what games you getting

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I picked up Killzone Shadows Fall, and Knack. Might go back for Lego Marvel cause a busy of mine said it's incredibly fun.

Why can't they just make another SNES. Old systems were the shit. I busted out my snes, nes, genesis, even dreamcast, man I miss the old days.

SNES is arguably THE BEST gaming console EVER EVEERRR EVVAAARRRR!!!

As for xbox/ps debate ... Only reason I usually stay with xbox is because A.) Their online play is (at least in the past, haven't read up much on the new consoles) better, and B.) They have better FPS games in comparison to PS.

Whatever one you prefer though, by all means, enjoy!

So after having the system since last Friday, I am immensely  pleased with my purchase.  Killzone is gorgeous and plays great. The weapons look great and have awesome effects. Knack is just plain fun. If you were a fan Crash Bandicoot and those style of games, you will enjoy this game. Environments are huge, and gorgeous. A friend of mine picked up Madden and COD:Ghosts, he says both of those games run solid, no slow down and are also gorgeous. He says the new design of the dualshock 4 is a world of difference for COD. He says it completely blows away the 360 controller for the FPS(his words).

Anyone picking up the Xbone this week?

So after having the system since last Friday, I am immensely  pleased with my purchase.  Killzone is gorgeous and plays great. The weapons look great and have awesome effects. Knack is just plain fun. If you were a fan Crash Bandicoot and those style of games, you will enjoy this game. Environments are huge, and gorgeous. A friend of mine picked up Madden and COD:Ghosts, he says both of those games run solid, no slow down and are also gorgeous. He says the new design of the dualshock 4 is a world of difference for COD. He says it completely blows away the 360 controller for the FPS(his words).

Anyone picking up the Xbone this week?

Why can't they just make another SNES. Old systems were the shit. I busted out my snes, nes, genesis, even dreamcast, man I miss the old days.

SNES is arguably THE BEST gaming console EVER EVEERRR EVVAAARRRR!!!

As for xbox/ps debate ... Only reason I usually stay with xbox is because A.) Their online play is (at least in the past, haven't read up much on the new consoles) better, and B.) They have better FPS games in comparison to PS.

Whatever one you prefer though, by all means, enjoy!

I know they have pre-loaded atari's and genesis' out there. Something around 60-80 games loaded on them, with wireless controllers, and no game freezes lol

I picked up the Sonic Sega Genesis mega collection for PS3, awesome game. Sonic 1,2,3, 3D, Sonic and Knuckles, Altered Beast 1 and 2, Comix Zone, Vectorman 1 and 2. Others still but I'm too lazy to list them all.

Probably one of my favorite games I've picked up lately.

I picked up the Sonic Sega Genesis mega collection for PS3, awesome game. Sonic 1,2,3, 3D, Sonic and Knuckles, Altered Beast 1 and 2, Comix Zone, Vectorman 1 and 2. Others still but I'm too lazy to list them all.

Probably one of my favorite games I've picked up lately.

• 2 weeks later...
My reluctance to spend money on a console was swayed a little cause I heard many good things etc. then I checked the price tags and realised they were translating 500$ for the xbone directly into 500€ and went like... fuck that. A PC thats better would cost me around 650€. By converting the prices directly by changing the currency symbol they are directly removing the viability of their own console. Ps4 is doing the same, though its 100€ cheaper so maybe I could go for that but still 400€ man...

• 2 months later...
I picked up the Xbox One. I love it. I was leaning PS4, but Sony didn't seem to have as many exclusives as Microsoft does. I like the PS4 more, just that I use the console for more than gaming and the fact that Microsoft has things like Skype made it an easier choice for me.

I do realize that most games will be cross platform and that the list of exclusives is short, but Microsoft has more of the ones I like. To each his own.

So, anyone who wants to add me ... can ... iCtrl Alt Dft

I picked up the Xbox One. I love it. I was leaning PS4, but Sony didn't seem to have as many exclusives as Microsoft does. I like the PS4 more, just that I use the console for more than gaming and the fact that Microsoft has things like Skype made it an easier choice for me.

I do realize that most games will be cross platform and that the list of exclusives is short, but Microsoft has more of the ones I like. To each his own.

So, anyone who wants to add me ... can ... iCtrl Alt Dft

I'm curious, other then Titanfall, what other exclusive swayed you?(I forgot Ryse and Dead rising) I'm not including the likes of Forza as that is a well established series. I'm curious if you are referring to new IP or more of the same.

I went with PS4 obviously, and I have been very happy with my purchase. I enjoyed Knack( can't over state how gorgeous the levels were or the scope they used) and Killzone was a worthy pick up(I was saddened personally due to the game not living up to the first 3). I've picked up Lego Marvel Superhero's and it's just simply silly fun. I have been playing the hell out of the Indie game "Don't Starve" that I got for free. 

I went to yahoo and found this article that Hideo Kojima says the PS4 versions of of Metal Gear V will look better. If Hideo says it, I believe it will be noticeable. That's the 2nd article that has come out in as many weeks further solidifying that developers have stated that PS4 is the more powerful system.

Its been established that the PS4 is slightly more powerful but has less of the extras that the xbox one does (all them TV watching things and the voice recognition etc. etc.). I think I would enjoy them both about the same, but neither as well as my PC so Im sticking around here :D

I should be getting my new PS4 any moment now. I'll give you guys my opinion when I get to try it out. UPS says it's been out for delivery since 9 am and as usual, they will probably deliver it at 9 pm tonight.

• 1 month later...

Someone posted on here about SNES being the best system ever, and I while I agree it had some great games, not the best system ever. For me, it was Playstation. FF 7,8,9. Crash Bandicoot series, Spyro, Resident Evil series, Metal Gear Solid, Legend of Dragoon, Twisted Metal, the list goes on and on for me. I actually just picked up a Playstation Vita for the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD collection. Gorgeous and incredible I can play on the go. The remote play with my PS4 is seamless and smooth, and I have access to the Playstation Classics, so now I can play all those on the go again.

But my old PSP I had hacked and I have it fully loaded with SNES games, Genesis, games, and Sega Saturn games. 

• 3 weeks later...

I think one of my favorite systems next to the snes is the dreamcast ... man it had a short life because of the damn ps2 but it had a slew of insanely good games was the first console to offer online play, released over 700 games in 2 years and had the VMU and graphics that were way ahead of it's time. I still have mine from 1999, since it is nearly impossible to find games these days for it I just burn them off the web ... I will have years upon years of gaming with the dreamcast alone ... fuck the new shit.