Ok Gamers, Next Gen Discussion(Yes Console, Please Keep The Pc/console Trash Talk Out)

ChicagoRSX

Tyler I have read this whole thread and I'd love to point off the fact that you didn't even pay any notice to someone correcting your false facts on the Netflix thing when some one came in with real evidence your a fan boy Chris is a ps4 fan boy your all fuckin fan boys waving your dicks around in this console pissing contest stop trying to convince each other that one is better than the other it will never happen. It's like two idiots fighting over whether a tomatoes a fruit or a vegetable it doesn't fucking matter it tastes good. For fucks sake

Cole just stay away lmao, you apparently didn't read it at all hahahah, that's just funny and for someone who doesn't care about either you're pretty emotionally invested lol. Not even Chris and I are mad at each other, it's called a debate.

I'm emotional because you keep saying I haven't read this I haven't read that I've read the whole fucking thread. Accusations piss me off so don't make them towards me with out hard evidence.

As I said before, Coleman, we are merely having a debate. So I'm not sure where your posts are coming from. If things were to get out of hand on my end I have an admin and staff of mods to keep me in check. That's what's great about HF- Admins/mods don't abuse their power. :) Anyway, setting preferring certain things such as the exclusives or controllers aside, you gotta admit the $100 more, Kinect always on, having to pay for Gold to be able to use media services like Netflix, are all inferior qualities when stacked against the PS4. Only thing I do give Microsoft is online multiplayer. They just do it better than Sony for whatever reason. My friends have always played multiplayer games on Xbox, but I don't play multiplayer games very often so it doesn't bother me. I remember trying to find two-player games (non-racing and non-first person shooter) for my wife and I several years ago when I first got my PS3 was like searching for a needle in a haystack. It was like there was Little Big Planet and that was it just about. Whereas there were tons of two player games on PS2. Sony just didn't fully grasp multiplayer and its a shame. I hope they remember that when it comes to the PS4. They learned from their mistake of having such a high price tag at release, so hopefully they keep it in mind. As I said way earlier in this thread, they STILL haven't pushed the PS3 to its limits, whereas (from the research I've done), Xbox 360 is basically maxed out. That may be why PS4 seems like a PS3.5 to you. ;)

Cole if you actually had read the posts instead of just piping in your opinion on this you would see where I stated my stance. And since I've already done it I'm not going to do it again...

DrSmoke I understand why you're mad, I would be too. It is just a shitty situation. Like you said, if you don't want to spend your money with them again that is your choice, but shouldn't you be more angry at the people who did that to you rather than the company? Think of it like this, if someone spends $1000 on iTunes then decides they like Pandora better, they still spent the money on iTunes and can't transfer it to Pandora instead. Only devices that work with iTunes will work with that file. If you bought XBOX Rock Band songs, you shouldn't expect it to work on playstations. If your iTunes account gets hacked or whatever, you can't make a new account and say "well I bought it on this other account!" It's just how companies work. There is no solution to that type of problem, it can happen to a PSN account just as easily as it happens to an XBOX account, or a WoW account, or a Rift account, or a [insert any other account bound game] account. If you never want it to happen, you can avoid this type of service all together. I'm not saying I've done it, but you said you read and agreed to the Terms of Service when you signed up. I'm fairly certain they can't ban you "just because" either, but who knows, maybe its in there somewhere. I honestly don't know anyone who reads all the ToS agreements when they sign up for something lol. I know someone who was bitten by a pitbull, does that make all pitbulls evil and bad? No.

You must have misunderstood what I said.  I want to be able to transfer the things I bought to a NEW xbl account...bc....I BOUGHT IT.  It's now my property and I should be allowed to do with it however I want.  So that lil rant doesn't apply to me.

As for being mad at the people that did this to me?  Sure, I can be mad at them...but I'm more mad that this system that has all these "fail safes" didn't catch it.  How can one be banned for something while having not played for 4 months and barely any the month prior to that?  It's a failure in the ban system...and if a specific enforcement team member did this to me, then it is more a problem with the people MS has staffed for this.  Maybe I beat the shit out of him in a CoD match and he got angry and butthurt and took his time, added me to a list, waited until someone else got butthurt to label me as a cheater, and then ban me based on that.  In the end, this is a problem with the company IMO.  I called up Xbox Live Support and I got this response "Sorry, we cannot help you with your ban, we can't even see you are banned and should talk to the enforcement team".  I asked "What is their phone number?".  They said "We don't know it and even if I did know it, I can't give it out, you must post on the forum".  I asked "Since my account is banned, I can't even log into the forum...so what do I do?". He said "Create a new account to ask about your other account" (Logically...doesn't make sense).  I told him that I don't want to create another email just to create an account on their website just to ask about the account that is banned that shouldn't be banned and that it was a mistake on their end....he had no answer for me.

I'm more mad at the policies MS has as a company...bc their policies are terrible.  And if you haven't read their TOS, well....that's pretty stupid IMO.  Their TOS is one of the simplest to understand and read and I haven't broken anything in their TOS or their Code of Conduct.

I think at the end of the day, it's going to be which type of game do you like better. FPS, then you are going to get a MS product. Out of the top 10 selling Xbox360 games, 8 are FPS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Xbox_360_video_games

If you want a story based game or 1st person shooter, you will get Sony's product. IE God of War, Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, Infamous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#PlayStation_3

I think at the end of the day, it's going to be which type of game do you like better. FPS, then you are going to get a MS product. Out of the top 10 selling Xbox360 games, 8 are FPS.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Xbox_360_video_games

If you want a story based game or 1st person shooter, you will get Sony's product. IE God of War, Uncharted, Killzone, Resistance, Infamous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games#PlayStation_3

Yep, you're totally right. I'm a story kind of guy, so PS4 is the system for me.

The only two things that make me want a Ps4 are Kingdom Hearts (who doesn't love those games) and FFXIV, but I'll be playing that on PC :) Although it'd be nice to be able to play from my couch lol

Dude I love Uncharted. I love all of Naughty Dog's games. Crash Bandicoot was the first game I ever bought for PS1 when I was 6. I still have all of them. Then someone else made a couple Crash games on PS2 and they just sucked. Fell in love with Naughty Dog's Jak and Daxter series next. Then Uncharted. Now I can't wait to get my hands on The Last of Us but don't want to pay $60 for it (I hardly ever pay full price for a game, because I feel $60 is pricey for a video game). I'm waiting for it to drop in price on Amazon (even if I have to buy it used) or just wait til August and see if the wife will buy it for my birthday, haha. Either way I can't wait to play it. If it weren't for Naughty Dog I probably wouldn't even bother with PlayStation.

tl;dr

Before E3, XBOX IS BETTER THAN Ps4, no Ps4 is better than XBOX!

After E3, HAHAH XBOX SUCKS ASS THE FUCK ARE THEY THINKING

After announcement: They are the same, which do you prefer

Bonuses for XBOX

Bonuses for PS4

PC YAY

Everyone one team PS4, I'm the [only?] one defending XBOX?

STFU COLE! [lol]

That's about it I think?

Ugh the main thing that bothers me about the Xbox is them forcing Kinect on you, if purchasing a Kinect was optional the price would very likely be at the $400 range with the PS4. Not to mention that since Microsoft is part of the PRISM pact, the NSA can easily tap into the kinects camera. Now im not so deluded to think they'll be sitting around doing this all day every day spying on kids playing video games, but if this is so easily accepted it just opens the American people up for further unlawful surveillance. 

It's scary to think that soon the whole NSA thing is going to blow over and people are just going to accept the unconstitutional violations that are happening, all because they don't care enough to stand up and fight for rights. But whatever im kind of off topic now.

TL,DR: I'll be buying a PS4 because it's a stronger system that's less expensive, and I can masturbate in front of it without feeling like it's staring at my manbits. Also no Xbox exclusives really stand out to me aside from Halo. And that's just because I have a soft spot for the Halo games. 

Ugh the main thing that bothers me about the Xbox is them forcing Kinect on you, if purchasing a Kinect was optional the price would very likely be at the $400 range with the PS4. Not to mention that since Microsoft is part of the PRISM pact, the NSA can easily tap into the kinects camera. Now im not so deluded to think they'll be sitting around doing this all day every day spying on kids playing video games, but if this is so easily accepted it just opens the American people up for further unlawful surveillance. It's scary to think that soon the whole NSA thing is going to blow over and people are just going to accept the unconstitutional violations that are happening, all because they don't care enough to stand up and fight for rights. But whatever im kind of off topic now. TL,DR: I'll be buying a PS4 because it's a stronger system that's less expensive, and I can masturbate in front of it without feeling like it's staring at my manbits. Also no Xbox exclusives really stand out to me aside from Halo. And that's just because I have a soft spot for the Halo games. I do believe one is able to disable the "Kinect Needed" feature in the settings of the system. According to the few info graphics I've seen. Though it is an unnecessary feature. I wouldn't really be worried about the NSA tapping into the Kinect camera.. they're just going to get a lot of dudes chilling in their underwear yelling at strangers through their headsets.

Ugh the main thing that bothers me about the Xbox is them forcing Kinect on you, if purchasing a Kinect was optional the price would very likely be at the $400 range with the PS4. Not to mention that since Microsoft is part of the PRISM pact, the NSA can easily tap into the kinects camera. Now im not so deluded to think they'll be sitting around doing this all day every day spying on kids playing video games, but if this is so easily accepted it just opens the American people up for further unlawful surveillance. 

It's scary to think that soon the whole NSA thing is going to blow over and people are just going to accept the unconstitutional violations that are happening, all because they don't care enough to stand up and fight for rights. But whatever im kind of off topic now.

TL,DR: I'll be buying a PS4 because it's a stronger system that's less expensive, and I can masturbate in front of it without feeling like it's staring at my manbits. Also no Xbox exclusives really stand out to me aside from Halo. And that's just because I have a soft spot for the Halo games. 

There's a very easy solution to your masturbating-kinect watching issue.  It's called paper + tape...just flap it over the camera when you aren't using it.  That's what I did with the 360 kinect...until I just totally disconnected it.

I guess I really don't like having unnecessary hardware forced on me. Microsoft has proven multiple times they would have fucked their consumers over if public outcry hadnt been so loud. I don't really want to support a company that doesnt care about the people who made it successful.
  • Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Oh whats that? Microsoft actually listens? Kinect no longer required for XBOX One but will still come with it. XBOX is evolving and getting better PS4 is adding more costs and limitations. have fun with your PS$...I mean PS4

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-wont-actually-need-kinect-plugged-in-microso-1113142909