Ok Gamers, Next Gen Discussion(Yes Console, Please Keep The Pc/console Trash Talk Out)

ChicagoRSX

Oh whats that? Microsoft actually listens? Kinect no longer required for XBOX One but will still come with it. XBOX is evolving and getting better PS4 is adding more costs and limitations. have fun with your PS$...I mean PS4

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-wont-actually-need-kinect-plugged-in-microso-1113142909

Wait I thought it was Microsoft Playstation One? I mean all they did was over hall their entire system and try to mirror Sony cause they took it deep from Sony. Besides, you keep saying Sony is adding restrictions, but you don't link any articles that prove it. I read Kotaku, joystiq, and Ign daily. Not one article has come up. But cool story bro. 

Oh whats that? Microsoft actually listens? Kinect no longer required for XBOX One but will still come with it. XBOX is evolving and getting better PS4 is adding more costs and limitations. have fun with your PS$...I mean PS4

http://kotaku.com/xbox-one-wont-actually-need-kinect-plugged-in-microso-1113142909 

Wait I thought it was Microsoft Playstation One? I mean all they did was over hall their entire system and try to mirror Sony cause they took it deep from Sony. Besides, you keep saying Sony is adding restrictions, but you don't link any articles that prove it. I read Kotaku, joystiq, and Ign daily. Not one article has come up with any restrictions or added cost of ownership. My neighbor is a die hard Xbox fanboy, and I ran it buy him. Even he says he has no idea what you're going on about. But cool story bro.

PSN adding cost for their online gaming versus keeping it free like it is currently = adding

No backwards compatibility with PS/PS2/PS3 games while XBOX One still has that option and it will likely happen http://n4g.com/news/1329864/xbox-one-backwards-compatibility-still-possible-says-rep

I feel you're reaching, Tyler. :) I thought of counter points to respond with to your posts, but because I know you won't listen, I'm just going to say this instead- Just let folks get what they want and be happy. No sense in arguing over what system is going to be better.

That's one thing I've noticed too, not knocking on anyone in particular but most Xbox fanboys are just unwilling to listen to reason. How is a system better just cause? That's when I walk away and find someone to have an intelligent conversation with ;)
  • Upvote 1

PSN adding cost for their online gaming versus keeping it free like it is currently = adding

No backwards compatibility with PS/PS2/PS3 games while XBOX One still has that option and it will likely happen http://n4g.com/news/1329864/xbox-one-backwards-compatibility-still-possible-says-rep

You need to start going to more reputable sites. Xbox won't be backwards compatible.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-9020_7-57585541-222/xbox-360-games-wont-work-with-the-xbox-one/

The Xbox One was never gonna have backwards compatibility imo. As for fanboyism, it goes both ways, I dont care much cause I know for a fact I wont have the money for either (rather invest in a really good new PC) and at the start sony took a great chance to hype up their product, then microsoft decided to listen to the outrage and adapt (a very, very good thing). Sony might still have an edge but in the lon run I think both of them are gonna be successful and whats gonna make the difference is the quality of games that come out on  each platform respectively.

The reson that I think sony has an edge is the fact that microsoft added the extra tv and fantasy football and what not features to xbox one. See as far as Im concerned they are craptastic for the most part, but even if I enjoyed them, these features will require extra upkeep for the company itself meaning in resource distribution theyre gonna have to focus much more on stuff that isnt games. Now there is a customer base that is gonna want that but as for me, say if I were as much a gamer as I am but also loved all or most/many or even some of these features, Its still gonna make them have to expend resources on things other than gaming. 

If they let the gaming aspect suffer in any way (in comparison to PS) then that would be a deal breaker for me (again, if I was gonna get either of the two).

But I guess we will see what happens. I do like microsoft deciding to fix many of their bad choices though :)

• 2 months later...

Regardless of which console we prefer, I saw this article about prices of various video game systems and what their "inflation adjusted" prices looks like. Decent read and entertaining.

http://games.yahoo.com/photos/the-10-most-expensive-video-game-consoles-1382035547-slideshow/

I will be holding off for quite a while. Most likely unroll either my 360 or ps3 kicks the bucket. If they are still making games for them I see no reason to ditch them

I decided to go strait pc vs. Game console because I am getting tired of instead being able to upgrade you got to buy a whole new system. That and most games you can also buy for a pc. That and pc has more games than a console.

I decided to go strait pc vs. Game console because I am getting tired of instead being able to upgrade you got to buy a whole new system. That and most games you can also buy for a pc. That and pc has more games than a console.

The thing that keeps me away from PC is that the games I play, don't come to PC. Killzone, Uncharted, Final Fantasy, Gran Turismo, etc. I'm not a huge MMORPG player, so warcraft never interested me. And I only play games like Black Ops 2 with coworkers on PS3. Besides, there is a sort of excitement with picking up a new console. I remember still how I took the day off of school to pick up my launch PS2. 

My biggest issues with computer games is constantly having to upgrade your computer to play the games well. I like the consoles because they are hassle free and are less likely to be moded or "hacked".

My biggest issues with computer games is constantly having to upgrade your computer to play the games well. I like the consoles because they are hassle free and are less likely to be moded or "hacked".

Yeah, I like the fact that a game comes out, as long as it's for my system, I know I can play it, no need to upgrade a sound card, no need for a new graphics chip. I can just pop it in to play.  The only PC game that has made me curious to play it, is eve. Otherwise, I'll stick with my console games.

Ill just say one thing about the preformance on consoles... Ive seen many game slow downs (framerate issues, video lag...) on ps3, mostly on newer games though, at some point the console will be outdated for its own games. At that point with a pc (where at least I can change graphics settings ) I can buy a new gpu/cpu/more ram/whatever, with a console youre gonna be buying a new one when its released. Its basically buying a medium end pc every X years and avoiding the hassle of having to tinker. However on the pc there are many who a) avoid the tinkering and just buy premade and never look in the case
b)enjoy messing about with their system!

But I will admit that in the long run its still more expensive than consoles, but for me at least, its more enjoyable too :P

Idk to me all these new consoles just aren't doing it for me. It seems like their just adding and addimg shit we don't need. If it was up to me....I would still be playing halo 2 on the original xbox....those were the days...
  • Upvote 1

I definitely play PC almost exclusively now..

My PC was down for a couple of weeks, So i bought GTAV... I was disapointed. The level of customization available makes any solid PC game endlessly playable

IDK if any of you play skyrim on your PC's. but there was recently a new mod made available that COMPLETELY changes the gameplay. I mean, it's the same game, but the dynamics, classes, etc. are entirely different.

A new game, for free within the same genre i already love? FU consoles, I know for a fact this game will tickle my fancy and make a game I already love, even more loveable. There is no comparison IMO. I think console gamers (most) don't realize the possibilities available for PC games. You can literally make any game your own and for the most part, still run games on an older machine (with lower gfx settings) IDK.. also.. a new GPU is like.. $1-$200.. more Ram is less, etc. you can build a gaming PC for under $500 with better performance than a console, and it can last you 10 years of gaming and even longer with small upgrades here and there.

My vote defintely goes to PC

(mind you, I used to be an avid console gamer)

• 3 weeks later...
Can't wait, PS4 drops in 2 days, have Friday off work to relax and play! Hopefully will be a good day. Envious, what games you getting? Sent from my iPhone using [URL=http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1]Tapatalk[/URL]