Attention: Newbs/lurkers

This weekend I had the pleasure of smoking with some of the coolest people I have ever met. What makes this event special is they are members of this forum and this weekend would not have been possible had I not taken the time to join and get my voice out there. While I started here as a lurker and only planned on staying long enough to learn to properly smoke hookah, I am glad I changed my mind. Spending time with seasoned smokers was far more rewarding and beneficial to my sessions than merely browsing varied opinions.

What makes Hookah Forum a wonderful place is not "hookah," but rather the collection of kindhearted, welcoming, and often hilarious individuals that make this place home. So even if you do not feel like posting, feel free to PM a member in your area to get together and smoke, or join us on chat sometime, or really make my day and respond to this thread.

The point is, what you get out of the site is reliant on what you put in.

Anyways, I hope to see some new faces around here.

Jess : )
  • Upvote 8

I completely agree. Some of my favorite sessions have been with Katie (Coyote) from here. I always want to meet people from the forum, but it hasn't bee the easiest thing ever with the schedule and (lack of) means of a broke college kid.
That's why I'm almost always on TC when I'm smoking. It's great to have you all to hang out with, even if I'm not physically with you.
  • Upvote 1

Even though I have only been smoking for a short time (two months) it doesn't take long to learn its way better smoking with good friends then alone :)

I absolutely agree with everything you said, Jess. The friends and connections I've made here are invaluable to me, not to mention the knowledge. This forum is awesome because it has the most level-headed people who are easy to get along with. No (non-trolling) post or thread is treated unkindly here... no question is too stupid. Because we all started from the same place. I hope more and more newbies/lurkers heed your advice and become more involved. Not only will they benefit from the knowledge and great people, but the forum will gain as well, growing into something even more special than before. You guys are kinda like a second family to me, helping me out in some pretty rough times, and I am extremely thankful for that. Unfortunately the people on here come and go, save for the handful of vets, but the awesomeness of the forum never changes.

So yeah... follow Jess's advice! :lol:
  • Upvote 1

That post was quite beautiful jess, and I couldnt agree more with what you said :) And like Pavo said, dont leave after getting an answer to ONE question people, you dont know what youre missing!

[quote name='CruxInDaClouds' timestamp='1341188969' post='550569']
Even though I have only been smoking for a short time (two months) it doesn't take long to learn its way better smoking with good friends then alone :)
[/quote]

You're damn right my friend ! I often smoke with my girlfriend or my buddies. I would love to meet some forum members because i can trully say that those guys are awesome ! I like funny and also smart people ( i kinda hate stupidity and those new generations that love crappy music, lame video games and so on ) and these guys are full package ! Unfortunately, i'm not from USA so i can't meet them...at least not any time soon... but i can still chat with them on this forum and as always i love doin' that

I am the weird guy, people only smoke with because I got lots of coals and shisha.

IV, Kat, Canon and Scalli don't think I am weird... well maybe...

Stuie, because of your avatar I just assume you live like Fry did in that episode. Up all night watching TV, jamming to Sir Mixalot, and with your prized sardines. The only difference being the room is covered with Hookah supplies.

Pretty Much, I throw in some House of Pain, Kriss Kross, and MC Hammer to mix it up a bit. Awww 92 was a good year!
  • Upvote 2

I just joined this forum last week, so this was an exciting post to see! I live in the Los Angeles area, and am the only hookah fiend out of my friends here so I'd love to meet up with someone and share a bowl or two. It's awesome to see that this site makes that possible.

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1341244498' post='550609']
Pretty Much, I throw in some House of Pain, Kriss Kross, and MC Hammer to mix it up a bit. Awww 92 was a good year!
[/quote]
I was 6, that cool? I mean, I'm not about wearing pants (now obviously), so you know I'm a good guy.

Beautiful post indeed.

Not that I have any expectations of meeting people, given I live in Thailand xD

But anyways I plan to stay and know people with the same hobby as me.

So yah people that live in socal could always meet up at Cherry bomb hookah, its a kick back lounge and what not plus we got tangiers :)

like joytron, mustang67n and our britney came out this weekend for our grand opening and i was awesome i was so glad they did, love hanging out with everyone, wish rani could have came :( and other socal people but its ok we had a PACKED night :)

Aww :) I feel love <333

It was so wonderful to meet many of you at the Tangiers Pre-Release Party as well. Its funny... everyone is exactly the same in "real life".

While there are very few canadians on here, I would always be welcome to hang out with any of them (or, any of you who happen to be passing through my city). Since that doesn't ever happen, I'm just going to say I have had some of my best times smoking on cam in TC. It makes this little niche hobby seem like everyone does it.

So much love! You guys are straight-up classy!

No wonder I'm still here.

Amen to that Simba. Honestly, the one thing that kills me is that half you guys are out in CA. Unfortunately that makes it quite a trip to just visit places like Pavos new Cherry Bomb Hookah Lounge.

But I do agree, come for the hookah learning, stay for the friends.

I love the forum and everyone on it (mostly). If anybody is passing near Knoxville gimme a shout and we will smoke together.
Ray