Tangiers Birquq

So I just saw on my FB feed that 5star is now selling the new line from Tangiers. Is this the line that supposedly doesn't need acclimation? Or is this something else?

First off, Eric wants it passed along to all the forums that this new line, Birquq, will require less heat than you're used to with Noir, Lucid, and F-Line. About two-thirds less, actually. Time to start cuttin' dem coals! I'm going to finally put those Craftsman Handicuts I bought from Stuie last year to use, lol.

So yeah... This new line is supposed to be easier acclimation-wise (like Lucid?), no tobacco undertones like Noir, yet still have that Noir buzz. I think, if I recall correctly. Katie can confirm this I'm sure. The first flavors being released are Foreplay on the Beach, Boysenberry, Kashmir Peach, It's Like That OTHER Breakfast Cereal, and Now With Melon. Some of these flavors we've seen before, but they're supposed to work better in the new line. I believe there's more flavors on the way as well.

Lawlz, I just made a thread about this, before having seen yours: [url="http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/45273-tangiers-birquq/page__pid__543131#entry543131"]http://www.hookahfor...131#entry543131[/url]

EDIT: I went ahead and merged our two threads. ;)

I too want to know how to pronounce Birquq...

Cool beans. It was nice hearing from Eric again too. I'm definitely going to spend more time down at the lounge this time around.

Jess, you better be there! Edited by Arcane

i believe he said out of 61 flavours only 6 or so are flavours found in the other lines. He did mention they would need less coal.

looking forward to mine as well....as are all of my friends who think im going to share it with them. ;)

[quote name='Coleman' timestamp='1332532818' post='543156']
When are you gonna be there jay?
[/quote]
about two weeks from.......now!

well, not really...I'm going to spend time with my family first. Maybe head to the lounge every other day or every other other day.

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1332578680' post='543198']
[/quote]

well, not really...I'm going to spend time with my family first. Maybe head to the lounge every other day or every other other day.
[/quote]

I wanna go. :(

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1332571470' post='543193']
i believe he said out of 61 flavours only 6 or so are flavours found in the other lines. He did mention they would need less coal.
[/quote]

Wait, so Eric already has 61 flavors planned/made for this new line?

[quote name='twoapplesplease' timestamp='1332583161' post='543203']
honestly from everything Im hearing. I am more excited for the new fire cured line by HH
[/quote]

HH? um...ok. To each his own. :)

I tried the K Peach yesterday, used 2 CH coals and it worked fine. Added a third after 10 minutes and had to take it off right away, but added it after the 30 minute mark. yes, it needs less heat. i tried melon, or "now with melon" rather, and use fumaris, I felt like i didnt have enough heat, but it was fter some drinking and I had to stop after 20 minutes and go to bed. I will be trying them all as well within a week.

Does this line need acclimation, instant style or otherwise?

(null)

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1332579573' post='543199']
[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1332578680' post='543198']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I wanna go. :(
[/quote]

Well maybe I'll head to the lounge one of those days then. I learned from getting Jess down to SD its all about bugging him about it XD

So the new line from what he told is at the release party was that it will not need acclimation and yes less heat when we were there usually he puts 4 coals on the bowl when we get it but we were only using 2-3 and was perfect smoked like a beast, and also the new flavours are fantastic for those who didn't order any and i would say try them all even the old flavors were revamped and are fantastic :) going down next weekend to order :)

Birquq is amazing. Great clouds, HUGE sweet full flavor, great buzz, and easy acclimation; this was smoked after being out of the bag for about five minutes. This is being smoked out of the new super mini and the clouds and airflow are awesome. I started the bowl with three coconara halves, and the second round I drop down to two halves.

I'm going to see if the super mini can handle two coals on their sides so that coal longevity is a little bit better. We're also going to be swapping and smoking Noir out of the super mini, and Birquq out of a small so that we have some baselines on how the two new products perform.

Side view: Small, mini, Super mini. Coconara flat on the super mini for reference.
[IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/uofkboy/2012-03-24_16-42-34_942.jpg[/IMG]

Top view: Small, mini, Super mini. Coconara flat on the super mini for reference.
[IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/uofkboy/2012-03-24_16-42-26_719.jpg[/IMG]

Top view: Small, mini, Super mini.
[IMG]http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u212/uofkboy/2012-03-24_16-42-15_842.jpg[/IMG]

Gonna go pick up the five pack of the new line in about an hour. Hopefully I be smoking one of them tonight. I'm thinking... boysenberry. I love that berry.

Edit: Is there gonna be a new thread for this line in the review section?

[quote name='cyber wolf' timestamp='1332555801' post='543183']
damn, less tobacco notes? =\
[/quote]

I'm sorta puzzled by this. I thought steam stones kinda had this covered.

I'm sure its good stuff, not cracking on it by any means. I'll likely try it sometime.

[quote name='Click' timestamp='1332705436' post='543294']
Gonna go pick up the five pack of the new line in about an hour. Hopefully I be smoking one of them tonight. I'm thinking... boysenberry. I love that berry.

Edit: Is there gonna be a new thread for this line in the review section?
[/quote]

I'll make one now for you guys. ;)

EDIT: [url="http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/45286-tangiers-birquq/"]http://www.hookahfor...angiers-birquq/[/url]

[quote name='Judy Oma' timestamp='1332707133' post='543296']
[quote name='cyber wolf' timestamp='1332555801' post='543183']
damn, less tobacco notes? =\
[/quote]

I'm sorta puzzled by this. I thought steam stones kinda had this covered.

I'm sure its good stuff, not cracking on it by any means. I'll likely try it sometime.
[/quote]

It just means the flavor is "cleaner," like Lucid, if you know what I mean. That is a big reason why I don't usually smoke Noir. But I understand a lot of people do like the tobacco flavor.