Tangiers Birquq

[quote name='mavsfan31' timestamp='1333557257' post='544035']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1333506126' post='544005']
[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1333389029' post='543915']
Anyone know if they'll be releasing some of the old flavors in the new line, like orange soda and blue gumball?
[/quote]
[quote name='mavsfan31' timestamp='1333390590' post='543917']
There's a list of all of the flavors on .us I believe.
[/quote]

I don't think that's what he was asking, mavs...

From my understanding, Eric said some old flavors will be re-released in Birquq (as we have already seen so far), but we will also see new flavors in Birquq. It all just depends on what flavors work well in what lines. Like some flavors work well in Noir, but not Lucid. Or vice versa. Well, now add Birquq in with that. :lol:
[/quote]

No, I definitely knew what he was asking.

I meant that there was a list of the flavors Eric announced on .us, I just didn't elaborate on how many old flavors would make it into the new line because I wasn't sure off of the top of my head.
[/quote]

Ahh, gotcha, my bad dude. Well, since you mention that, let's get the list I guess for those here who are curious. ;)

Got this from Clayton on .us:

[quote]List of flavors going into production so far:
White Summer Mixed Fruit (revamped Summer Solstice Celebration)
Picnic Punch (New Flavor)
Little Purple Candy (New Flavor)
Foreplay on the Peach (New Flavor)
Brambleberry (Same as the original)
Strawberry-Kiwi (Same as the original)
Pinepas (New Flavor)
Now With Melon (New Flavor)
Hacitragus (New Flavor)
Its Like that Other Breakfast Cereal (New Flavor)
The Last Pie (New Flavor)
Rangoon Sunrise (New Flavor)
Soursop (Stronger, newer edition of Guanabana)
Ololiuqui (New Flavor)
Kashmir Peach (Same as the original)
Strawberry Creme Cookie (New Flavor)[/quote]

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1333577355' post='544052']
You said you pushed it down a bit. So was it packed less dense than it comes in the package?

I don't think I had a heat issue, I really snuck up on the heat; started with one coal up on its side.

Looking back on it though, I think I should have at least left more of a gap at the top. Maybe not half a bowl but more than I had.

My experience with Boysenberry was not consistent with what I am seeing from other people.

Maybe I'll try again this weekend.
[/quote]

I would say less dense than in the package. I used the oyster fork sideways to mash it down a little. Not even cramming it down. But even assuming it fluffed up a little after my pushing down on it I'd say probably a third the depth of the "trench" was air.

'Rani

I dont really understand how people underpack funnels without having the foil clog up the spire in the middle.

Whenever I pack to little, the pull is very had becuase the foil pushes down on the hole, acting to seal it up.

Care to elaborate? Im just a little confused on how poeple do that. Especially the 1/3 air part.

[quote name='grock' timestamp='1333584695' post='544061']
I dont really understand how people underpack funnels without having the foil clog up the spire in the middle.

Whenever I pack to little, the pull is very had becuase the foil pushes down on the hole, acting to seal it up.

Care to elaborate? Im just a little confused on how poeple do that. Especially the 1/3 air part.
[/quote]
After putting holes in the foil, do you "re-stretch" it? I typically do that since putting holes in it seems to loosen the foil even if I'm trying to hold on tight to it.

Now I know it has been said that the nicotine level or buzz is supposed to be equivalent to noir but people that have had it, I know the robustness is not the same as noir but is the buzz /nicotine the same as noir?

[quote name='mattarios2' timestamp='1333592116' post='544071']
Now I know it has been said that the nicotine level or buzz is supposed to be equivalent to noir but people that have had it, I know the robustness is not the same as noir but is the buzz /nicotine the same as noir?
[/quote]
feels the same to me but i dont get the buzz much anymore

[quote name='DrSmokes' timestamp='1333592065' post='544070']

[/quote]
After putting holes in the foil, do you "re-stretch" it? I typically do that since putting holes in it seems to loosen the foil even if I'm trying to hold on tight to it.
[/quote]

I'll give that a go, but I always feel that after putting the coals on it wll sag again.

Will give it a whirl though. Thanks!

[quote name='grock' timestamp='1333600898' post='544081']

[/quote]
[/quote]

I'll give that a go, but I always feel that after putting the coals on it wll sag again.

[/quote]

It's either you're not stretching out the foil enough, or your spire on your bowl is too high. Mind posting a pic of said bowl?

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1333601267' post='544082']
[quote name='grock' timestamp='1333600898' post='544081']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

It's either you're not stretching out the foil enough, or your spire on your bowl is too high. Mind posting a pic of said bowl?
[/quote]

Poking at least one hole over the spire will help to relieve foil suction. Also, if you usually use small holes you may want to experiment using lots of large holes instead.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1333579042' post='544059']
[quote name='mavsfan31' timestamp='1333557257' post='544035']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1333506126' post='544005']
[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1333389029' post='543915']
Anyone know if they'll be releasing some of the old flavors in the new line, like orange soda and blue gumball?
[/quote]
[quote name='mavsfan31' timestamp='1333390590' post='543917']
There's a list of all of the flavors on .us I believe.
[/quote]

I don't think that's what he was asking, mavs...

From my understanding, Eric said some old flavors will be re-released in Birquq (as we have already seen so far), but we will also see new flavors in Birquq. It all just depends on what flavors work well in what lines. Like some flavors work well in Noir, but not Lucid. Or vice versa. Well, now add Birquq in with that. :lol:
[/quote]

No, I definitely knew what he was asking.

I meant that there was a list of the flavors Eric announced on .us, I just didn't elaborate on how many old flavors would make it into the new line because I wasn't sure off of the top of my head.
[/quote]

Ahh, gotcha, my bad dude. Well, since you mention that, let's get the list I guess for those here who are curious. ;)

Got this from Clayton on .us:

[quote]List of flavors going into production so far:
White Summer Mixed Fruit (revamped Summer Solstice Celebration)
Picnic Punch (New Flavor)
Little Purple Candy (New Flavor)
Foreplay on the Peach (New Flavor)
Brambleberry (Same as the original)
Strawberry-Kiwi (Same as the original)
Pinepas (New Flavor)
Now With Melon (New Flavor)
Hacitragus (New Flavor)
Its Like that Other Breakfast Cereal (New Flavor)
The Last Pie (New Flavor)
Rangoon Sunrise (New Flavor)
Soursop (Stronger, newer edition of Guanabana)
Ololiuqui (New Flavor)
Kashmir Peach (Same as the original)
Strawberry Creme Cookie (New Flavor)[/quote]
[/quote]

Thanks Chreees, that was what I was looking for!

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1333580342' post='544060']
[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1333577355' post='544052']
You said you pushed it down a bit. So was it packed less dense than it comes in the package?

I don't think I had a heat issue, I really snuck up on the heat; started with one coal up on its side.

Looking back on it though, I think I should have at least left more of a gap at the top. Maybe not half a bowl but more than I had.

My experience with Boysenberry was not consistent with what I am seeing from other people.

Maybe I'll try again this weekend.
[/quote]

I would say less dense than in the package. I used the oyster fork sideways to mash it down a little. Not even cramming it down. But even assuming it fluffed up a little after my pushing down on it I'd say probably a third the depth of the "trench" was air.

'Rani
[/quote]

Thanks for the insight. I hope I can sneak in another try Friday or Saturday night. I'd like to get this stuff right and serve it to Guests on Easter.

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1333601914' post='544083']
and god for bid if thats not the issue its you haha, its really not hard poke holes inthe middle if it wont smoke or ur stem is cloged
[/quote]

Obviously its something wrong with me, as in the method of packing. It doesnt happen every time, but just sometimes when underpacked, it gets clogged. Im not looking for something to blame on my hookah for this, just looking for other's methods.

Ive tried the hole in the middle when clogged, although I feel like after that happens it gets slightly more whispy, maybe becuase more fresh air is getting sucked down.

Its honestly not a huge deal, I just never really understand the underpacking method. At least I am yet to master it. haha

Chris, my bowl is just a standard tang small.

[quote name='grock' timestamp='1333651118' post='544118']
[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1333601914' post='544083']
and god for bid if thats not the issue its you haha, its really not hard poke holes inthe middle if it wont smoke or ur stem is cloged
[/quote]

Obviously its something wrong with me, as in the method of packing. It doesnt happen every time, but just sometimes when underpacked, it gets clogged. Im not looking for something to blame on my hookah for this, just looking for other's methods.

Ive tried the hole in the middle when clogged, although I feel like after that happens it gets slightly more whispy, maybe becuase more fresh air is getting sucked down.

Its honestly not a huge deal, I just never really understand the underpacking method. At least I am yet to master it. haha

Chris, my bowl is just a standard tang small.
[/quote]

Dude, you live down the street from me don't you? Just come over and we can take a look and see whats going on.

I was actually running into the spire issue a lot myself. I started overpacking a bit to solve the problem. That led to issues with the duration of the session. For me really making sure the foil is taught after poking holes has helped a lot, and im sure switching to hd foil would help with the issue even more.

For those of you having phunnel issues, you do know Tangiers does just fine in an Eqyptian, right? Don't get me wrong, phunnels are certainly better, but they were invented after the tobacco was. I think there are even some packing instructions for Egyptians around here somewhere.

'Rani
  • Upvote 1

I nearly always under pack Tangiers. It's as firm as it is in the package, but I pack the bowl about 2/3 of the way up. I use super heavy duty foil that can be pulled as tight as a drum without ripping.

[quote name='mattarios2' timestamp='1333592116' post='544071']
[/quote]
Hey John! I know what you're looking for and Birquq isn't going to fit the bill for you. Acclimation issues are taken care of, but you won't get that buzz you want.

I'd still give it a shot if I were you.

Smoking my tangiers I just got in today, foreplay on the peach, and I gotta say, REALLY IMPRESSED!

Less tobacco taste as others have said, which I personally really enjoy. Very sweet, smooth. Can't wait to smoke the rest of my purchase, definitely buying more!

Good work tangiers! :)

I have Now With Melon coming in... Can't wait to try it!

Sounds like you're smoking good now, grock, but what dreamyxcupcakes said here is key to the problem you were/are having:

[quote name='dreamyxcupcakes' timestamp='1333656034' post='544124']
I was actually running into the spire issue a lot myself. I started overpacking a bit to solve the problem. That led to issues with the duration of the session. [b]For me really making sure the foil is taught after poking holes has helped a lot, and im sure switching to hd foil would help with the issue even more.[/b]
[/quote]

I NEVER poke holes over the middle. I just make sure I poke plenty of holes, avoid the middle (I find flavor loss if I poke any holes over the middle due to the extra fresh air that is allowed in without it first passing "over" the tobacco), and pull the foil as tight as I possibly can right before I place it on the hookah. Never have issues this way. I pack very tight, think about as tight as the Tangiers comes when you first receive it in the package before opening (Lucid is more forgiving, Noir you really want it tight), right to the inner spire, but just a tad below the outer rim.

I'm sure many of you already know that the 2nd set of New Line Birquq flavors should be out by the end of the week. This new set includes a variety of brand new flavors.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]702 Little Purple Candy[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]708 Rangoon Sunrise[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]709 Soursop- Guanabana fruit also goes by the name Soursop. This flavor in the Birquq line is stronger and more vibrant than its counterpart in the other lines. [/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]710 White Summer Mixed Fruit- Watermelon/Guava with different proportions to enhance the compatibility with Birquq[/color][/font]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]711 Ololiuqui- Described by Eric as a rootbeer/cola'esque type of flavor.[/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Personally, I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think about these new flavors! They are more complex in the new line than the flavor descriptions would lead you to believe. I'm wonder if you guys will be able to pinpoint some of these flavors :) [/color][/font]
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Coyote' timestamp='1334237267' post='544699']
I'm sure many of you already know that the 2nd set of New Line Birquq flavors should be out by the end of the week. This new set includes a variety of brand new flavors.

Sounds epic! Can't wait I thought Eric said a bit later on the more flavors but what ever the sooner the better
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]702 Little Purple Candy[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]708 Rangoon Sunrise[/font][/color]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]709 Soursop- Guanabana fruit also goes by the name Soursop. This flavor in the Birquq line is stronger and more vibrant than its counterpart in the other lines. [/font][/color]
[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]710 White Summer Mixed Fruit- Watermelon/Guava with different proportions to enhance the compatibility with Birquq[/color][/font]
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]711 Ololiuqui- Described by Eric as a rootbeer/cola'esque type of flavor.[/font][/color]

[font="helvetica, arial, sans-serif"][color="#282828"]Personally, I'm looking forward to hearing what you guys think about these new flavors! They are more complex in the new line than the flavor descriptions would lead you to believe. I'm wonder if you guys will be able to pinpoint some of these flavors :) [/color][/font]
[/quote]