Nhl 2011-2012 Official Thread!

cotsi95

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1325299908' post='534222']
[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1325294159' post='534221']
[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1325277941' post='534201']
[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1325273697' post='534199']
[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1325272053' post='534197']
[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1325263825' post='534189']
Well my Hawks are taking on the Red Wings tonight, original 6 match up at the Mad House on Madison. Should be a good game. I hope.
[/quote]

I cant believe im saying this but go wings!
[/quote]

I believe your saying it. Nucks need everyone to do what the Canucks can't. So I fully understand why your saying that.

[/quote]

Ummm ya I dont really need to bring up that the canucks a. beat the wings last time they meet and b. also beat the hawks last time they played and also knocked the hawks out of the playoffs last year.....soooo i dont really get your point...
[/quote]

I also don't need to bring up that A, the last time the Hawks played the Canucks, we beat them, that would be a November 16 game where the Hawks WON 5-1 I see your having some memory problems . And B, we knocked the Canucks out of the playoffs 2 years in a row, including a year where we hoisted the cup. If we are insisting on bringing up the past. So yes, the Canucks have beaten the Hawks, but not frequently.
[/quote]

I was looking at nov 6th where the canucks won 6-2!!! Im not saying that the hawks are a bad team but saying the canucks have a hard time beating them is just ridiculousness....especially since they are pretty much in the top 5-6 for every single stat out there. But continue the nuck hate its cool
[/quote]

What does being in the top 5-6 for every stat have to do with winning? The Canucks set multiple records last season, Boston still hoisted the cup. Just cause you have good stats, doesn't mean you win it all.
And I will fully admit I have hate for the nucks, but it is more so aimed at the fans, as I had family that was physically attacked in front of the Canucks stadium by Canucks fans, just cause they were wearing Hawks jerseys.

being in the top 5-6 for every stat means that you have a good solid well rounded team, which has everything to do with winning. And yes lets group one group of canucks fans in with everyone...that makes sense... :nea:

Man, lots of shots fired recently...

anyway, another huge win for my Capitals :D It should only get better when Green comes back, supposedly next week for Calgary. Back on track? I sure hope so.

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1325314782' post='534236']
being in the top 5-6 for every stat means that you have a good solid well rounded team, which has everything to do with winning. And yes lets group one group of canucks fans in with everyone...that makes sense... :nea:
[/quote]

Yeah...wait this did start with you(a canuck fan) cheering for the Wings, simply cause you wanted the Hawks to get knocked out of #1 right? That's how I interpreted it.

Im not a Philly fan but having your first career goal at the Winter Classic, has to feel pretty fucking awesome.

2-1, Philly at the classic Edited by Teganv

[quote name='Teganv' timestamp='1325540724' post='534394']
Im not a Philly fan but having your first career goal at the Winter Classic, has to feel pretty fucking awesome.

2-1, Philly at the classic
[/quote]

I've been watching 24/7 so now I've grown to like both teams lol. Hope they both have a good game.

Glad to see NYR take this one, though ours last year was more exciting =p

(null)

Yea the last few minutes..talk about pushing for philly big time. I saw nothing that was worthy of a penalty shot. Glad NYR held on. Now just for DC to host its winter classic..in the next 3 seasons!

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1325548588' post='534399']
was a good game. Pretty bad officiating though, not gonna lie.
[/quote]

Agreed the officiating went down the drain on this game.

Even though Vancouver lost today, I still think that Lu did pretty well between the posts.

Id never seen a shot occur .3 seconds after the buzzer, that was pretty intense. Especially since I was yelling at the TV telling the Nucks to not let the puck near Lu (which I do often if it's coming down to the final seconds, while we're tied or about to get tied up), and then that happened.

I will say that I did expect Lu to let the last shot of that SO round go though. Sorry Lu, but on the other hand, you are finally starting to come around and block everything.

[quote name='Teganv' timestamp='1325565064' post='534420']

I will say that I did expect Lu to let the last shot of that SO round go though. Sorry Lu, but on the other hand, you are finally starting to come around and block everything.
[/quote]

I thought the exact same thing! It was nice to finally be able to watch the game....i might have to get nhl game center now...ugh but the season is half over.

Well my Hawks lost, but that's what happens when you don't show up to play. Had Crawford not been on his game, the score would have been worse. I didn't really expect to enjoy the winter classic, but it was pretty enjoyable. Easily one of the better winter classics in recent years. I was also very happy to see the sharks look good tonight.

Great outing by my Caps, power play has been looking better, ovi keeps his goal and point streak going, and the win streak too. Saturday is going to be good Mike!

(null)

Stanley Cup Rematch

Bruins vs Canucks Saturday...

As a Canuck fan..i hope Booth stays on the injured reserve list. I wouldnt want to see one of the Bruin Bullies targeting his recently healed knee.

Should be a good game. The canucks top 9 is stacked this year with a rejuvinated Chris Higgins...Breakout player of the year Hansen and 2nd line fixture Booth. Hopefully the game Saturday is a lot closer than the other Van Bos games Edited by lefty2time

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1325879271' post='534824']
Damn, I can't believe that Rangers fan was beaten after the winter classic. That's just terrible. Puts hockey in a bad light imo.
[/quote]

Hockey was put into a bad light the second people decided that flipping cars was an appropriate response to losing the Stanley Cup.

[quote name='lefty2time' timestamp='1325792283' post='534684']
question, why are you guys canuck fans??? how did you get into them??
[/quote]

Im a Canucks fan for several reasons. 1. I like the team itself, the players can actually work together, and it's one team that isn't filled with dirty players, on almost every other team I can call out one person that just gets on my nerves with how they play. 2. I hope to move to Vancouver someday. Im 2nd gen american, and hope to not say an American for much longer, mainly because of human rights or lack there of, and because I have family in Canada, and a gf (although she lives in Montreal). There's various other reasons but those are just two off the top of my head.

I don't however care for a lot of the other Canucks fans though.