Nhl 2011-2012 Official Thread!

cotsi95

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1326850580' post='535892']
Who gives a shit. I still have the right to hate Chicago. And the majority of it's fans.
[/quote]

Ok man, never said you couldn't hate whomever you wanted. Just figured we could civilly discuss it since we all are hookah smoking hockey fans. But since you repeatedly feel then need to post the same "Fuck Chicago" or "I hate Chicago" even when our respective teams aren't playing, evidently I was wrong.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1326867550' post='535920']
Who gives a shit. I still have the right to hate Chicago. And the majority of it's fans.
[/quote]

[b]Ok man, never said you couldn't hate whomever you wanted.[/b] Just figured we could civilly discuss it since we all are hookah smoking hockey fans. [b]But since you repeatedly feel then need to post the same "Fuck Chicago" or "I hate Chicago" even when our respective teams aren't playing, evidently I was wrong.[/b]
[/quote]

You are contradicting yourself here. Thought I could hate whomever I wanted? I don't like Chicago. Get over it.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1326869349' post='535924']
[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1326867550' post='535920']
[/quote]

[b]Ok man, never said you couldn't hate whomever you wanted.[/b] Just figured we could civilly discuss it since we all are hookah smoking hockey fans. [b]But since you repeatedly feel then need to post the same "Fuck Chicago" or "I hate Chicago" even when our respective teams aren't playing, evidently I was wrong.[/b]
[/quote]

You are contradicting yourself here. Thought I could hate whomever I wanted? I don't like Chicago. Get over it.
[/quote]

I don't care that you don't like Chicago, that's fine. I just meant I thought we could discuss/debate it/your reasons for it. Read the entirety of a post before responding.

So my Hawks are taking on Buffalo tonight, hoping it's a good game. Still a bit pissed that Carcillo is done for the season but our young kids seem like they really want to step up and earn their spots so that's a good sign. I'm really glad the Sharks posted that win over Calgary. Wish I could have recorded it but what can you do.

I'm also seeing rumors floating around online that the next winter classic will be the Red Wings hosting the Leafs at University of Michigan. Not sure if it's legit, but I know they can't sell alcohol at a college Venue, so we will have to see if the NHL officially announces it.

I was also surprised to see the Kings post that win over the Nucks, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Kings making it to the big show within the next 3-4 seasons.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1326898961' post='535934']
You hate Chicago, that's fine. But I just mean making a post simply to state that fact, is kinda pointless isn't it?
[/quote]

No not really.

Caps played a great game full of awful calls against them, and missed calls galore for them.

Well my Hawks posted another win tonight, the boys are doing great. Really looking good and making up for the injuries. it's impressive to see them sitting atop the NHL, but I give more of a damn about how they're playing as a team. But I'm looking forward to seeing if the Sharks can fire on all cylinders tomorrow.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1327129153' post='536240']
Well my Hawks posted another win tonight, the boys are doing great. Really looking good and making up for the injuries. it's impressive to see them sitting atop the NHL, but I give more of a damn about how they're playing as a team. [b]But I'm looking forward to seeing if the Sharks can fire on all cylinders tomorrow.[/b]
[/quote]

Man idk. The way we have been playing... who knows. Even our last win I was still disappointed with the way we played. We need to pick it up.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1327131406' post='536241']
Well my Hawks posted another win tonight, the boys are doing great. Really looking good and making up for the injuries. it's impressive to see them sitting atop the NHL, but I give more of a damn about how they're playing as a team. [b]But I'm looking forward to seeing if the Sharks can fire on all cylinders tomorrow.[/b]
[/quote]

Man idk. The way we have been playing... who knows. Even our last win I was still disappointed with the way we played. We need to pick it up.
[/quote]

Yeah, I know the feeling. I hate when you look at your team on paper, and your like wtf, we should be easily able to win a bit more then this. Then the wins you do get are ugly and you almost feel your team doesn't deserve the win.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1327162355' post='536260']
[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1327131406' post='536241']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I know the feeling. I hate when you look at your team on paper, and your like wtf, we should be easily able to win a bit more then this. Then the wins you do get are ugly and you almost feel your team doesn't deserve the win.
[/quote]

Exactly. It sucks big time. The Sharks have so much talent, and if we ever played to our full potential, we would go far.

Can't believe they crammed all the Caps pens games so close together. Hoping for a win to steal back the ongoing SE division battle , and to win the series.

Edited by Floataround

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1327186378' post='536294']
Tentatively I picked the Sharks to take it all, at the beginning of the season.
[/quote]

I still believe we can do it. But we need to start playing like a team.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1327253871' post='536339']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh I believe they can, as I was surprised they got beat by the Nucks last season. I really feel the next Stanley Cup winning team will be out of the west.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1327334014' post='536391']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh I believe they can, as I was surprised they got beat by the Nucks last season.[b] I really feel the next Stanley Cup winning team will be out of the west.[/b]
[/quote]

by West you surely mean Pittsburgh

[quote name='r1v3th3ad' timestamp='1327366237' post='536457']
[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1327334014' post='536391']
[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh I believe they can, as I was surprised they got beat by the Nucks last season.[b] I really feel the next Stanley Cup winning team will be out of the west.[/b]
[/quote]

by West you surely mean Pittsburgh
[/quote]

Actually, I mean west, as in Western conference. While I'm impressed with the progress the Penguins have made, I personally don't believe they have the depth to go all the way this year. Not to knock your team, just my personal opinion.

If the Canucks pick up a no.4 quality Dman by the dead line then I think they'll win the cup. *assuming they get the bounces and no major injuries*

They've got 3 scoring lines this year and If Luongo looks shakey, coaching will have no problem putting Schneider in there.

Sedin Sedin Burrows -- puck possession type line
Booth Kesler Higgin (amex line!) --Gritty, dirty goals, north/south type line
raymond Coho Hansen ---Hansen and Raymond are two of the fastest.....players in the league
That's 3 lines with 3 different looks ...gonna be hard to match up against that top 9. I think this lineup is up there with the bostons, philly, hawks of the league in terms of depth. Coho gives the third line a real scoring threat and Booth is a nice gritty scoring compliment to Kesler

But the D as it stands now is in big trouble if Salo goes down with inury..and if you follow the Canucks at all...An injury to Salo is a sure thing.