Nhl 2011-2012 Official Thread!

cotsi95

[quote name='Teganv' timestamp='1325880703' post='534829']
[quote name='lefty2time' timestamp='1325792283' post='534684']
question, why are you guys canuck fans??? how did you get into them??
[/quote]

Im a Canucks fan for several reasons. 1. I like the team itself, the players can actually work together, [color=#ff0000]and it's one team that isn't filled with dirty players,[/color] on almost every other team I can call out one person that just gets on my nerves with how they play.

I don't however care for a lot of the other Canucks fans though.
[/quote]

You mean dirty players that pull hair and bite? lol
Sorry, had to do it.lol I totally respect your choice on who you cheer for though. So please don't take it that way.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1325792624' post='534685']
That would be Cotsi, Michael, and Teganv. They are the resident Nuck fans.
[/quote]

NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!

I am a SHARKS fan. SHARKS! Canucks are my #2. :)

[quote name='Teganv' timestamp='1325962317' post='534930']
Bruins vs Canucks right now. Who's watching?
[/quote]

I am duh 3-2 right now. Marchand should be suspended for submarineing Salo! Its just dangerous to go after a guys knees and flip him onto the ice. No matter what team is doing it.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1325963614' post='534940']
[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1325792624' post='534685']
That would be Cotsi, Michael, and Teganv. They are the resident Nuck fans.
[/quote]

NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!NO!

I am a SHARKS fan. SHARKS! Canucks are my #2. :)
[/quote]

My apologies.

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1325970089' post='534956']
CANUCKS WIN!! EAT THAT TIM THOMAS!
[/quote]

LOL I'm sure he's busted up about it. I find it interesting that Vancouver didn't want to play Lu.

Anyone know whats going on with the new conferences? From what I could make out, it seems like there's now a disagreement with it.

Also did a coach somewhere get fired? I feel so out of the loop.

Next season will remain the same format. It's been canned due to the players union voting it down. So as of now Winnipeg will remain in the south east...

And caps sharks playing a tight game

(null)

[quote name='Teganv' timestamp='1326157417' post='535125']
Brad Marchand has been suspended for 5 games after clipping Salo.

Can anyone say Justice?
[/quote]

JUSTICE!!!!!!

oh i just bought 2 tickets to the av's canucks game on feb 4th...row 9 right behind the canucks bench!!!!! Im stoked!!

I can't hear/see Salo's name without think about the game in the 2010 playoffs where Salo took a puck to the groin and suffered a ruptured testicle. I have never seen the United Center get the quiet, and when he got up and "skated" to the bench, nearly the entire UC applauded....

sorry, kinda got sidetracked there.

Headed to DC in a few hours, confident to see my CAPS get back on track with a good old penguins beat down

I duno man...I for one was looking forward to it. Was pretty close to the old Patrick Division, and allowed the Caps to play their real rivals more often. I understand some teams/people were upset, but it cant all be perfect.

The first thing that sticks out in my mind are players being upset about the two east conferences have 7 teams a piece, and the west having 8. But that probably would have only lasted for one season because either Columbus or Phoenix is probably getting sold and moving back to Quebec City which would even things out between the east and west.

Also the fact that a team in one conference could have significantly more points and miss the playoffs, while another team in another conference could get in and have significantly less points pissed some off..I personally did not mind it. It allows different teams to get in more frequently.

But instead, we stay the same for at least another season, and Winnipeg continues to call the southeast US their home...because that makes sense.

My only gripe on the new conferences was in the 2 divisions with 7 teams each, it will be easier for those teams to make the playoffs and probably won't be very competitive from what I remember. I think the players did it to give them a stronger stance for the upcoming contract negotiations.

Big game tonight..St.louis vs Vancouver.
two of the top teams in the west. Canuck killer Steen is out with a concussion and Tim Jackman is questionable.
4 Canucks invited to the all star game. Sedins, Edler, and Hodgson. too bad no kesler :(

Canucks are most likely without Booth - who is doubtful for tonight.

I think they might show the game at a shisha parlour downtown where i live...i plan on going if so.
I predict 4-1 Van win.

[quote name='lefty2time' timestamp='1326410780' post='535393']
two of the top teams in the west. Canuck killer Steen is out with a concussion and Tim Jackman is questionable.
4 Canucks invited to the all star game. Sedins, Edler, and Hodgson. too bad no kesler :(

I think they might show the game at a shisha parlour downtown where i live...i plan on going if so.
I predict 4-1 Van win.
[/quote]

Salo is also back in tonight. If you are gonna watch the game you should get in tc and watch it with me. I'll be the one in the Canucks hat and jersey! Lol I say Canucks 3-2
  • Upvote 1

Ovi and Wideman from the Caps. Would have loved to see Chimera in it, but it will be a good time as always

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1326414494' post='535404']
[quote name='lefty2time' timestamp='1326410780' post='535393']

I predict 4-1 Van win.
[/quote]

Salo is also back in tonight. If you are gonna watch the game you should get in tc and watch it with me. I'll be the one in the Canucks hat and jersey! Lol I say Canucks 3-2
[/quote]
CANUCKS WIN IN OT!!! 3-2...damn im good