Nhl 2011-2012 Official Thread!

cotsi95

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1323157495' post='531822']
I know i finally get to watch them since im in Colorado! The last time they played I went to the game.
[/quote]

Lucky. I'd love to see the Canucks play, even if it wasn't at Rogers Arena.

[quote name='asinineSmoker' timestamp='1323157757' post='531824']
Sharks vs First place Wild tomorrow.
New Conferences passes Board of Governors
Sharks will play Vancouver 6 times a year.
Weird new conferences.
My personal favorite conference will be the NorthEast which will consists of Boston Montreal Toronto Ottawa [b]Florida[/b] and [b]Tampa[/b]
Two of those cities are not by the others someone failed geography.
[/quote]

[quote name='SeaMenOnTheDeck' timestamp='1323157794' post='531825']
How bout them new divisions?
[/quote]

I haven't read anything on the new divisions, or any of the changes that the Board of Governors, has made. I'll have to check it out later. Thanks for bringing it up.

[quote name='SeaMenOnTheDeck' timestamp='1323161869' post='531833']
I mean conferences (divisions, conferences same thing) and

[url="http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=604852"]http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=604852[/url]
[/quote]

Yea I read that..interesting changes. Definitely something I'll have to get used to and work on remembering.

Was pretty disappointed to see my CAPS not play with the drive and energy we had the last three games until the third period...but it was great to see us rally back. Sucked to see us get so close and have some nice opportunities to send it to overtime though..

This is where our difference opinion will come in, but to me, a goaltender that gets yanked that often through out the playoffs, and lets in 22 goals in the finals, isn't amazing in any way shape or form. A bad game or 2, I can get that, but to crap the bed in the STANLEY CUP FINALS for gods sake. You can't be amazing if you let the media put you off your game. He may be a good goalie, that is often overhyped and over rated, but a good goaltender none the less.

Anyway, how does everyone feel about the 4 division realignment? I'm still undecided, but I'm not crazy how it seems the eastern conference teams will have an easier time making the play offs. Kinda disappointed Vancouver is no longer in the Hawks conference, but oh well, what can you do.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1323188761' post='531852']
This is where our difference opinion will come in, but to me, a goaltender that gets yanked that often through out the playoffs, and lets in 22 goals in the finals, isn't amazing in any way shape or form. A bad game or 2, I can get that, but to crap the bed in the STANLEY CUP FINALS for gods sake. You can't be amazing if you let the media put you off your game. He may be a good goalie, that is often overhyped and over rated, but a good goaltender none the less.

Anyway, how does everyone feel about the 4 division realignment? I'm still undecided, but I'm not crazy how it seems the eastern conference teams will have an easier time making the play offs. Kinda disappointed Vancouver is no longer in the Hawks conference, but oh well, what can you do.
[/quote]

Yea i completely agree that you can't be an amazing goalie if the media shakes you that badly, and maybe it is time for change, but it's Bobba-Lu[color="#000000"]. Im used to him being between the posts, but the times they are a change-in. The media has grabbed him, and pretty much has a say in whether or not he does well, since he is so effected by whats said about him. They build all this hype about him then take it all away the next day, who wouldn't be effected by that?[/color]

Im not to happy about the divisions, just for the simple fact, that it's new and I have to get used to it. I need to read up more on it though and look at what teams are where.

I am glad, I get to see DC play our biggest rivals 6 times in a season, and I really like having the chance to see everyone. I do a lot of goalie stats and numbers, and was crushed when Varly was traded to CO, and even more blown when I found out the one and only game we will play with them is in CO.

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1323212431' post='531927']
The new conference's make a lot more sense then the old ones did. Should be interesting to see how next years schedules will be changed.
[/quote]

For certain teams. Teams like Florida and Tampa however are stuck in a conference with far such as Toronto. I am disappointed that the Sharks will only see Detroit and Nashville twice a year but am also looking forward to seeing every other team twice as well.

SO happy to see my CAPS get a shot of confidence tonight...Ovi worked all game for a goal and got robbed over and over and it all paid off. Hopefully this is the start of a much needed streak for us. I am not to sure if Florida will hold their spot, but we need the points either way.

Was not watching, who was in goal for Van?

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1323406826' post='532311']
So happy the canucks pulled this one out! I didnt think they would be able to to be honest.
[/quote]

Same, especially when it came to the shootout.