Nhl 2011-2012 Official Thread!

cotsi95

[quote name='Teganv' timestamp='1324668107' post='533699']
[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1324668031' post='533698']
[quote name='Teganv' timestamp='1324667374' post='533696']
[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1324667242' post='533695']
Going to the Sharks game tonight. Hopefully they will whoop some king ass.
[/quote]

Lucky punk. I hope to go to at least one Vancouver game in my life time.
[/quote]

You are only in Fresno! That is decently close to me. And they come to San Jose all the time!
[/quote]

"Decently close" doesn't mean I have the money to get there or the money for the tickets. Sadly.
[/quote]

True. One of these days though. :)

[quote name='Teganv' timestamp='1324667046' post='533694']
Im starting to give up on Montreal. Things just aren't happening for them this season. Flames are doing alright and Vancouver as of late is kicking ass. So im hoping Vancouver will beat the Flames today.
[/quote]

I'm going to say you need to start backing your home town boys the Sharks, they are certainly in a position to go all the way this year. Just my .02.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1324669564' post='533704']
[quote name='Teganv' timestamp='1324667046' post='533694']
Im starting to give up on Montreal. Things just aren't happening for them this season. Flames are doing alright and Vancouver as of late is kicking ass. So im hoping Vancouver will beat the Flames today.
[/quote]

I'm going to say you need to start backing your home town boys the Sharks, they are certainly in a position to go all the way this year. Just my .02.
[/quote]

Never! Canucks all the way.

One thing I would like to say though is, 3-1 Flames yesterday? WTF really Vancouver, really?

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1324972845' post='533921']
WOOT guess whos the North West Division leader...thats right! Hopefully we can keep this streak up and someone can take out boston and chicago!
[/quote]

Ah yes, there is that typical Nuck fan talk. It never ceases to amaze me with how Canuck fans are so obsessed with being number 1. You were last season, how did that work out for ya? Hell when the Hawks WON THE CUP I think we were like 3 or 4. I know we were 2nd in the conference, behind the wings. You want first, knock yourself out, we will be focusing on Lord Stanley's Cup.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1325015711' post='533942']
WOOT guess whos the North West Division leader...thats right! Hopefully we can keep this streak up and someone can take out boston and chicago!
[/quote]

Ah yes, there is that typical Nuck fan talk. It never ceases to amaze me with how Canuck fans are so obsessed with being number 1. You were last season, how did that work out for ya? Hell when the Hawks WON THE CUP I think we were like 3 or 4. I know we were 2nd in the conference, behind the wings. You want first, knock yourself out, we will be focusing on Lord Stanley's Cup.
[/quote]

Eh I doubt the hawks will be winning the cup anytime soon.

Caps so inconsistent...I really hope green's return is our missing puzzle piece in areas..though we realllly cant rely on him like that. I am good with third period blow ups..when we are down by a goal, or are tied. Not when we try and fit 60 minutes into 20. Need to win some east coast games..

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1325015984' post='533943']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think if the Hawks can demonstrate 2-3 weeks of consistent play, I would be able to see I could see them making it to the SCF round. But in their current "one game they school their opposition, then the next game they forget to show up to the venue," state of play, I can't see them getting far into the playoffs. But they certainly have the talent to make it back.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1325054076' post='533970']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think if the Hawks can demonstrate 2-3 weeks of consistent play, I would be able to see I could see them making it to the SCF round. But in their current "one game they school their opposition, then the next game they forget to show up to the venue," state of play, I can't see them getting far into the playoffs. But they certainly have the talent to make it back.
[/quote]

Yeah that's what frustrates me about the sharks. We have so much talent. Yet we perform poorly.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1325058308' post='533972']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah that's what frustrates me about the sharks. We have so much talent. Yet we perform poorly.
[/quote]

Yeah, I fully expect the Sharks to go deep into the playoffs, but I am surprised with their inconsistent play. When you look at the talent pool, there is no reason for them to play like that.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1325085920' post='533984']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yeah, I fully expect the Sharks to go deep into the playoffs, but I am surprised with their inconsistent play. When you look at the talent pool, there is no reason for them to play like that.
[/quote]

Yup. God help us if the Sharks ever find out how much talent they have.

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1325088425' post='533986']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have always liked the sharks, because they are pretty much the Capitols of the west. But with that said..CAPS rocked NYR tonight. Best game under Hunter no question. Hopefully we keep this up, we really need to. It seems just like last season..we struggled against teams either under us or right against us, and did great against teams better than us.

[quote name='Floataround' timestamp='1325130603' post='534078']
[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1325088425' post='533986']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have always liked the sharks, because they are pretty much the Capitols of the west. But with that said..CAPS rocked NYR tonight. Best game under Hunter no question. Hopefully we keep this up, we really need to. It seems just like last season..we struggled against teams either under us or right against us, and did great against teams better than us.
[/quote]

Caps of the west? I don't get this analogy at all. The Sharks are a more well rounded team, where as the Caps seem to rely on 2-4 guys to put points on the board.
But my Hawks evidently didn't show up to play tonight, but I hear the game to watch was the Sharks vs Nucks was the game to watch tonight, I'll have to see if it's replayed.

[quote] Caps of the west? I don't get this analogy at all. The Sharks are a more well rounded team, where as the Caps seem to rely on 2-4 guys to put points on the board. But my Hawks evidently didn't show up to play tonight, but I hear the game to watch was the Sharks vs Nucks was the game to watch tonight, I'll have to see if it's replayed. [/quote]

Sorry, to big of a quote block. I would not say at all that we rely on 2-4 guys. Sure, when our big names show up, we typically win. But almost everyone has been scoring at least a little bit this season, its been pretty well rounded. And I was referring more to the inconsistency, the lack of a cup, and always getting screwed in the playoffs. A lot of talent on both rosters, and things just never seem to come together for either team.

I'm going to preface this with I am in no way attacking the Caps. That said, the Caps get to the playoffs, and they do as well as Ovi does. Most teams have learned if they sit a D-man on Ovi, he becomes non-factor. I honestly believe Ovi is one of those "Jinx" players, that as soon as they ditch him, they'll take the cup. It's kinda like I feel the first season the Nucks have after they part ways with Leaky Luongo, they'll hoist the cup. I fail to see how you feel either team gets "screwed" in the playoffs. The Sharks went pretty deep last season only to lose to the Nucks. I've never seen a playoff where the Caps get screwed all 7 games. Maybe a bad goal against, but that's about it. No team gets screwed out of the playoffs, let's be honest.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1325180261' post='534114']
I'm going to preface this with I am in no way attacking the Caps. That said, the Caps get to the playoffs, and they do as well as Ovi does. Most teams have learned if they sit a D-man on Ovi, he becomes non-factor. I honestly believe Ovi is one of those "Jinx" players, that as soon as they ditch him, they'll take the cup. It's kinda like I feel the first season the Nucks have after they part ways with Leaky Luongo, they'll hoist the cup. I fail to see how you feel either team gets "screwed" in the playoffs. The Sharks went pretty deep last season only to lose to the Nucks. I've never seen a playoff where the Caps get screwed all 7 games. Maybe a bad goal against, but that's about it. No team gets screwed out of the playoffs, let's be honest.
[/quote]

Your good haha, I dont think there in anyone like that in this thread. Ovi has been going through a slump no question, and it started two seasons ago after the Olympics. He seems to be getting some of his groove back, because he realized that his old tricks wont work that often anymore. He seems to be hitting and shooting like he did seasons ago. so hopefully this means good things. This is the first time in a few seasons that I really feel like as of now, we very well might not make the playoffs. Yea, we are not quiet at the halfway point yet, but its coming up soon.

Maybe screwed was the wrong word..but I just dont feel like luck goes our way. To this day I think we were better than Montreal, and we ran into a hot goalie who if he had kept it up would have gone to the cup finals with Halak. Not to mention the awful game 7 pulled goal against us. Last year, look at Roloson, compared to how he is playing this season. Hot goalie is no excuse..but hot goalies can win playoff rounds, as well as cups. Though I am a believer that the best team in the end does hoist the cup.

But for our sake, I really hope its not when we drop Ovi that we win a cup, because thats gonna be a ways away.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1325263825' post='534189']
Well my Hawks are taking on the Red Wings tonight, original 6 match up at the Mad House on Madison. Should be a good game. I hope.
[/quote]

I cant believe im saying this but go wings!

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1325272053' post='534197']
Well my Hawks are taking on the Red Wings tonight, original 6 match up at the Mad House on Madison. Should be a good game. I hope.
[/quote]

[/quote]

I believe your saying it. Nucks need everyone to do what the Canucks can't. So I fully understand why your saying that.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1325273697' post='534199']
[/quote]

[/quote]

I believe your saying it. Nucks need everyone to do what the Canucks can't. So I fully understand why your saying that.
[/quote]

Ummm ya I dont really need to bring up that the canucks a. beat the wings last time they meet and b. also beat the hawks last time they played and also knocked the hawks out of the playoffs last year.....soooo i dont really get your point...

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1325277941' post='534201']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ummm ya I dont really need to bring up that the canucks a. beat the wings last time they meet and b. also beat the hawks last time they played and also knocked the hawks out of the playoffs last year.....soooo i dont really get your point...
[/quote]

I also don't need to bring up that A, the last time the Hawks played the Canucks, we beat them, that would be a November 16 game where the Hawks WON 5-1 I see your having some memory problems . And B, we knocked the Canucks out of the playoffs 2 years in a row, including a year where we hoisted the cup. If we are insisting on bringing up the past. So yes, the Canucks have beaten the Hawks, but not frequently. Edited by ChicagoRSX

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1325294159' post='534221']
[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1325277941' post='534201']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I also don't need to bring up that A, the last time the Hawks played the Canucks, we beat them, that would be a November 16 game where the Hawks WON 5-1 I see your having some memory problems . And B, we knocked the Canucks out of the playoffs 2 years in a row, including a year where we hoisted the cup. If we are insisting on bringing up the past. So yes, the Canucks have beaten the Hawks, but not frequently.
[/quote]

I was looking at nov 6th where the canucks won 6-2!!! Im not saying that the hawks are a bad team but saying the canucks have a hard time beating them is just ridiculousness....especially since they are pretty much in the top 5-6 for every single stat out there. But continue the nuck hate its cool