Nhl 2011-2012 Official Thread!

cotsi95

Had an amazing time at the Canucks/Avs game! We played like shit but lu stole it for us. Bitz is a BOSSSS!!! I really hope he stays on our 4th line. AND ZOMG BIEKSA!!! Not only does he do a superman diving save infront of the empty net, but then he takes it down the ice and scores the tying goal with 26 seconds left!!! For those that havent seen it...

[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=kgEV6qoEWM0"]http://www.youtube.c...d&v=kgEV6qoEWM0[/url]

[quote name='MichaelLCP' timestamp='1328940497' post='538682']
My sharks owned the Hawks tonight. Great win.
[/quote]

That they did, course everyone and their brothers are owning the Hawks are right now. We can't even buy a win.

Everyone's beating the Hawks right now. I hate that team. Bolland is such a rat. Toews is a little bitch too. I remember when everyone compared him to Stevie Y. Steve Y had class...Toews has no class.
Kane is alright..aside from beating up a cab driver for 5 bucks...

Nothing would please me more than to see the Hawks end up 9th in the west ^.^

[quote name='lefty2time' timestamp='1329426302' post='539275']
Toews is a little bitch too. I remember when everyone compared him to Stevie Y. Steve Y had class...Toews has no class.

Nothing would please me more than to see the Hawks end up 9th in the west ^.^
[/quote]

LMAO. yeah, right Toews has no class. I mean come on man, you a Canuck fan, I'm a Hawk fan, I get that. I dislike you, you dislike me, but really? To attack Toews for "having no class"? Where the hell do you even get that? Everyone in the league speaks highly of the man, not one person has ever has something bad to say about him. You want to attack Bolland cause he's a rat and extremely effective against you guys, go ahead. You want to run the old Kaner/cabbie joke that's what 4-5 years old, knock yoursel out, but to call Toews classless, get a grip.
We may very well end of 9th in the west, especially if they keep playing like that had as of late(being that we snapped our losing streak tonight against the Rangers), but at least we won the cup in recent memory.

Well my Hawks managed to put together back to back wins, the top line is finally waking up, or at least firing on all cylinders.Can't believe that little guy from the BJ actually thought it was a good idea to pick a fight with John Scott. The real test will be today against the St. Louis Blues, can't wait to watch it. Hawks/Blues games are always physical games.

Also happily it's Hockey Day in America, can't wait to catch the Sharks taking on the Wings, I would love it if the Sharks snapped the Wings win streak. I'd also like to be able to catch the Ducks/Panthers game for some reason.

[quote name='r1v3th3ad' timestamp='1330202146' post='540456']
#71 makes the score 7-1 with a hatrick. in the pens vs lightning game...Malkin is on fire

going to Pens vs Blue Jackets game tomorrow, I'll be right by net by about 20 rows
[/quote]

Thats awesome! Have fun man! :)

What an exciting trade deadling so far..2.5 hours to go..

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1330902101' post='541393']
For once im rooting for chi, only cause i dont want the wings to catch up to the nucks in points.
[/quote]

I like your thinking. ;)

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1330906841' post='541402']
Well the presidents trophy guarantees you home ice throughout the playoffs...pretty sure thats a good advantage to have...so ya i will enjoy it
[/quote]

I'm just saying since that last 2 cups have been won in the opposing team's city, a good team can overcome something like not having home ice advantage. It helps to have your crowd giving you energy, but it isn't a deal breaker to not have it.

• 2 weeks later...
And the Hawks topped Vancouver!!! This made my night, I was concerned when Vancouver got on the board first, but I knew they could come back. They have finally found their stride it would seem in terms of playing effective defense and when on the PK, and all this while our captain is sideline with a concussion. I hope they can keep this up.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1332427722' post='543069']
And the Hawks topped Vancouver!!! This made my night, I was concerned when Vancouver got on the board first, but I knew they could come back. They have finally found their stride it would seem in terms of playing effective defense and when on the PK, and all this while our captain is sideline with a concussion. I hope they can keep this up.
[/quote]

Ya i mean its pretty easy when you take out our star player in the first period with a very dirty elbow to the head.

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1332527347' post='543149']

Ya i mean its pretty easy when you take out our star player in the first period with a very dirty elbow to the head.
[/quote]

Oh sorry, didn't know their success was contingent on 1 player playing. Our captain was given a concussion and has been out for the past 12 games, the Hawks have found ways to win. Good teams adapt and overcome.

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1332628901' post='543246']
Taking out our lead scorer will have an effect on the team...your argument is stupid.
[/quote]
I never said that taking out your lead scorer wouldn't have an effect on your team, only that blaming your loss to the Hawks on one player being sidelined is idiotic at best. But nice try though.

I see history is repeating itself for Vancouver...