Nhl 2011-2012 Official Thread!

cotsi95

[quote name='cotsi95' timestamp='1332793206' post='543398']
yes i do as well..i see us beating the hawks in the playoffs this year as well :)
[/quote]

Having only had that happen once in 3 years, we will just have to see.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='r1v3th3ad' timestamp='1333988524' post='544405']
alright guys relax...you can sleep easy knowing that the Pens got this
[/quote]

I'm sure they do, especially if the refs keep making bad calls and non-calls in the Pens favor, just ask Torterella. Lol

Wow so I didn't get to see most of last nights game, but slight fail by burrows towards the end there, which I wasn't too stoked on. The Kings definitely outplayed us for most of the 3rd, I'm going to try to watch the part of the game that I missed, today though and see wtf happened. *sigh* not the best way to start off the playoffs.

[quote name='Teganv' timestamp='1334245197' post='544713']
Wow so I didn't get to see most of last nights game, but slight fail by burrows towards the end there, which I wasn't too stoked on. The Kings definitely outplayed us for most of the 3rd, I'm going to try to watch the part of the game that I missed, today though and see wtf happened. *sigh* not the best way to start off the playoffs.
[/quote]

WTF happened was an endless parade to the penalty box for the Canucks for most of the first and second periods. Sererously, very undisciplined play. It's like they expected the Kings to offer no challenge and were pissed when they did. Didn't expect the game to go like it died. I was also surprised when the Flyers rallied back to win.

But I'm sure they'll just blame it on D.Sedin not being in the lineup. Edited by ChicagoRSX

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1334247143' post='544716']
[quote name='Teganv' timestamp='1334245197' post='544713']
[/quote]

WTF happened was an endless parade to the penalty box for the Canucks for most of the first and second periods. Sererously, very undisciplined play. It's like they expected the Kings to offer no challenge and were pissed when they did. Didn't expect the game to go like it died. I was also surprised when the Flyers rallied back to win.

But I'm sure they'll just blame it on D.Sedin not being in the lineup.
[/quote]

Okay, I don't think they are blaming it on D.Sedin but I do think that it is a part of the reason why they aren't playing too well. Just like Wade said, taking out any teams lead scorer is going to effect that team. I just hope we can get it together for when we play in LA, hopefully by not being home it will slap them in the face and make them realize that the Kings are actually threatening to kick them out of the playoffs. Guess we will just have to wait and find out though.
I know a lot of the commentators for our last game were saying that Alain should put in Schneider for goal tender in LA, so we will see if that happens and turns things around, although I still think Luongo has made some good saves out there. If anyone is going to be blamed for our performance its going to be Bobby Lou, just like it always has been, even if he was the best player on the team that night.

But the problem isn't really scoring, according to a former coworker of mine who is a nucks fan, he's telling me your D has been nonexistent.

Holy shit!!!!!!! These Hawk's games are going to kill me. First game sent to overtime with 14 seconds left in regulation, last nights game sent to overtime with 5 seconds!! By the SAME player both nights!!! I can't believe this. Such a hard fought game, even though Mike Smith sold the hell out a BS call, we still managed to pull this one out! I hope they can keep this up.

I'm getting tired of all of Lapierre's shit, and the refs calls tonight, are questionable. So many penalties tonight, getting a bit ridiculous. Edited by Teganv

[quote name='Teganv' timestamp='1334548858' post='545048']
I'm getting tired of all of Lapierre's shit, and the refs calls tonight, are questionable.
[/quote]

How have the calls be questionable? All the penalties have been blatant and easily seen. On a side not, Schneider is cementing his job as your starting goaltender for the remainder of the play-offs imo.

But that was nice effort on Sedins part to try and sell that injury. Edited by ChicagoRSX

Try and "sell"that injury?! Are you kidding me? He got blind sided, probably got the wind knocked out of him, and his head wipped back and hit the ice. I doubt anything was faked.

I agree with you on Schneider becoming our lead goalie though, I saw that coming a couple games ago, sad to say. He's a great tender, but I still like Lue.

I think the refs let both teams go on certain things they shouldn't have, and as far as the Brown, Sedin hit goes, the puck was long gone before he was hit.

I'll give you he might have gotten the wind knocked out of him, but think about when you've had the wind knocked out of yourself. You pretty much go down(at least to one knee) and stay there. Then you catch your breath and get up. You don't automatically spring up and start pawing at you bench door like a lost kitten. I don't know, maybe I'm just biased from watching all his dives last season. Maybe he was hurt.

So apparently when I don't watch the Canucks play during the Playoffs, then we win. I'm considering not watching the game on Sunday because of this. GO NUCKS! Yay for Daniel being back!

Raffi "douche bag" Torres receives 25 game suspension for his illegal hit on Hossa. Bout damn time, hope they fine all the refs from the entire first round league wide for these half assed first round games.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1335029526' post='545553']
Raffi "douche bag" Torres receives 25 game suspension for his illegal hit on Hossa. Bout damn time, hope they fine all the refs from the entire first round league wide for these half assed first round games.
[/quote]

Completely agree.

So, I'm all for Schneider as our goal tender, he's proven himself as a great goalie, but I find myself constantly shouting "Get back in your fucking crease." He just makes me nervous with how aggressive he is.

[quote name='Teganv' timestamp='1335145254' post='545640']
So, I'm all for Schneider as our goal tender, he's proven himself as a great goalie, but I find myself constantly shouting "Get back in your fucking crease." He just makes me nervous with how aggressive he is.
[/quote]

Really? To me, Schneider seems like he stays home way more then Leaky Lu. Only last season after they fired Luongo's hand picked goalie coach, did he start staying home. I constantly remember him skating out the circles when ever they came to the Madhouse to play. But you certainly would know better, having watched more Canucks games then I have, but I think these playoffs proved just how ineffective Henrick is without Daniel on the ice. Just my opinion.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1335193025' post='545673']
[quote name='Teganv' timestamp='1335145254' post='545640']
[/quote]

Really? To me, Schneider seems like he stays home way more then Leaky Lu. Only last season after they fired Luongo's hand picked goalie coach, did he start staying home. I constantly remember him skating out the circles when ever they came to the Madhouse to play. But you certainly would know better, having watched more Canucks games then I have, but I think these playoffs proved just how ineffective Henrick is without Daniel on the ice. Just my opinion.
[/quote]

Lu had some times where he would be out there but even in the playoffs last season he stayed in his crease and Schneider was way out there. The playoffs proved that the twins definitely need to come as a pair if they are going to be effective on the ice, for sure.

I just wish we could have won at least one home game during the playoffs, so that the fans that go to the home games won't be bummed out next year right off the bat, since im sure some of them will carry over all of our playoff loses into next season. Which isn't good since it seems like the Nucks feed off of the fans energy in the arena.

Sigh. No more playoffs games to watch, for me. Lets see, so the Pens, Canucks, Red Wings, and Sharks, are out, who are you voting for now?