Diablo 3 Release Date Set

king_lunchb0x

hello fellow smokers, i thought there was a thread about D3 but a search didn't turn it up..
Diablo 3 is set to hit stores on 5/15/12.This makes me super excited. I never got to play the beta so i don't know what to expect. Graphics look alot like WoW to me, but its from the same company so I guess its what should be expected.
Anyone know what character their going to try first?
Also, is the Beta still up? are they still inviting aswell?

12 years waiting. i guess a month or so is not much longer to wait.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So im glad its finally coming out with a TRUE release date and no the beta is not up anymore i played it and it was a blast but went by fast the monk is sweet the shaman is pretty cool also but its the same diablo game play style very good graphics very dark theme and epic there is a LOT to do with the game id love to see end game play :)

I'm really excited about this game too. I'm probably going for the Witch Doctor, but the Monk looks pretty bad ass too.

Is the game solo friendly? I'd like a group to play through the story with, but I doubt that's possible w/ scheduling.

Beta is still up, they just released patch 15 not too long ago. The game is solo friendly for the first two difficulties. Some items drop only in inferno mode.

I'm personally going to be making a wizard because I have two sets of friends I'll be playing with and none of them are going to be making one. I really liked the Witch Doctor and the Demon Hunter as well.

Add my blizz ID [email="littlet@xavier.edu"]littlet@xavier.edu[/email]

oo i hope the beta is still up, that would mean maybe they are sending out invites. I doubt it will happen though. I thought that a lot of people were going to be playing the wizard or barb. but maybe I was wrong about that.

I stopped playing beta a while ago because now I feel I can wait until it comes out and get the full experience :D I am sooo excited about this game. Inferno is going to be unreal fun with friends (until they die hah)

Anyone playing D3, please post your battlenet user name. I plan to play this game as religiously as I did D2 LOD (ranked top 3 hardcore ladder 3 times straight previously and had nearly all GG) and it would be cool to have a large group of HF D3 players to play with :)

Been waiting [b]SO [/b]long for this. I have pre ordered the collector's edition and only have a small amount left to pay off.
I shall def be playing as the Witch Doctor but will have a go at all the characters.
Next month *fan girl squeal*

Monk here, with those wings we get in the collectors set, it should be awesome

Here in NZ it's $215 but I don't know what that is in US $. Probably the monst I have ever spent on a game. I am not a big gamer but this is Diablo, and the collector's edition comes with the second game so I thought it was pretty decent

Its $100 in the US. But you wont be able to get your hands on a copy since they sold out of the C.E in the first couple of weeks lol.

As for the above, considering its about 60 bucks for a game new, assume 20 bucks for d2 w. LOD, and then 20 for in game content and the skull. Its pretty good stuff. Especially considering Ive waited about 10 years for this lol.

I'm building a new rig for Diablo 3. Any opinions on graphics cards?

Currently debating on GTX 580 or 7970, with consideration to price:performance....the other components are costing me a pretty penny already!

hmm id say 7970, but a lot of people don't their drivers and catalyst control panel
[img]http://i1-news.softpedia-static.com/images/news2/AMD-Radeon-HD-7970-Benchmarks-Make-Appearance-Easily-Surpasses-GTX-580-4.jpg[/img]

[quote name='A13lackFish' timestamp='1334371194' post='544875']
Its $100 in the US. But you wont be able to get your hands on a copy since they sold out of the C.E in the first couple of weeks lol.

As for the above, considering its about 60 bucks for a game new, assume 20 bucks for d2 w. LOD, and then 20 for in game content and the skull. Its pretty good stuff. Especially considering Ive waited about 10 years for this lol.
[/quote]

I was lucky to get my paws on a copy as it's all sold out here too. Might pick up the guide book thing too.
Decent price for two games etc...so close. I can smell the brimestone

Here is what I am gonna do. I'm going to set up a hookah forum D3 online gaming group. That way we can all say f*ck TC, and we can slay the hordes together with hoses in our mouths! SInce there are going to be plenty of us that are going to play. I hope my laptop can handle it! If not.. I'm going to cry. But.. it should be able to. Anyway.... Who is up for a HF D3 group?

I'm not sure what you mean by online gaming group but, I'm definitely willing to play D3 when I'm not at work.

And I'm currently debating on whether or not to take off work for the rest of the week....

By the by, there's about 6-8 copies fo the Collector's Edition in Hawaii. I just pre-ordered mine this past Friday. :D

We will definitely be making a group for smoking and play time

[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1335389107' post='545941']
Do what I do, crossfire two 6990's for a quad gpu rig. Put some waterblocks on them and baby you got yourself a stew goin!
[/quote]

Ive got triple crossfired 5850 Toxic Edition limited cards waterblocked. Believe me when I say I know the glory that is watercooling. Not to mention beyond a quad core CPU's are pointless atm as 6 and 8 cores are barely utilized and usually cause more problems with games rather than performance.

I was planning on setting up a clan anyways with the new updates to battle.net it is rather simple and would allow us to chat easily in the game. If you want in feel free to add my battle.net ID [email="littlet@xavier.edu"]littlet@xavier.edu[/email] when it launches and I can send you the invite through the game itself. Also taking reccomendations for the name...

I don't know about anyone else but I will be rolling a Wizard first :)