Michaellcp Is Banned...

I was there when a lot of this went down and Mark/Omar was in no way in the wrong in what he did. Mike brought this upon himself. I like Mike, but what he did was immature. No reason dwelling over it, light up a bowl and smoke -- thats why you're here in the first place right? Come for the hookah, stay for the friends.
  • Upvote 2

Ok, I have to agree here with what was done. Mike was a nice guy, shit I hung out with him for 2 days and he was nice. BUT he brought this on himself, mike has had issues with his way of reacting to things, I learned this also when I hung out with him and was told in these exact words "Yes, I'm worried he will over react to something." this was not told to me by a random person either. He will be missed here but he knew better and has been warned on multiple occasions.

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1331095317' post='541628']
so, what do folks think about a member trying to access the forum's admin control panel?
[/quote]

If they are not an admin, they have no business in there.
  • Upvote 1

so, what do folks think about a member trying to access the forum's admin control panel?
[/quote]

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Why would anyone even bother with that? :huh:

[img]http://www.jesseshunting.com/images/thumbs_down_gladiator.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1331104177' post='541636']
[/quote]

Whaaaaaaaaaat? Why would anyone even bother with that? :huh:

[img]http://www.jesseshunting.com/images/thumbs_down_gladiator.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

I echo this sentiment and approve the use of this excellent meme.

The admin control panel runs the forum. It could be destroyed from the cp. Posts erased, forums deleted, the entire database destroyed. It would also be the only way a member could be unbanned. I find it no coincidence that marks forum was hacked yesterday and someone went onto their tc and posted in russiqn and put up.some sort of troll face. Trademarks of someone we know apparently.

I'm only saying that regardless of how you feel about a longtime member here, the mods have always done the right thing before and I don't think this case warranted any explanation, any more then any other banning did. The mods here don't abuse their power or authority, so why need any sort of explanation?

Im not opposed to giving some information out if it makes people feel better, i was just trying to keep it as low key as possible. While i'd have preferred for it just to be accepted at face value it didn't really hurt me or anyone else for me to provide a bit more information if it put the membership at ease.

[quote name='ChicagoRSX' timestamp='1331133192' post='541651']
I'm only saying that regardless of how you feel about a longtime member here, the mods have always done the right thing before and I don't think this case warranted any explanation, any more then any other banning did. The mods here don't abuse their power or authority, so why need any sort of explanation?
[/quote]

Because I've been vocal on the exposure thing........... For me it's also about the fact that when you get to be my age, you look back over your life and realize that you did some really dumb things. You don't always act in a way you'll be proud of later, and life is a learning experience. As one of the old farts around here, if you'd known me when I was your age, you wouldn't recognize me now. And you will be amazed at who you'll become a decade or two down the road. When looking back and making one of those changes about they way we think or feel, and act, it's a whole lot easier to make the change and forgive yourself when you haven't had your indiscretions broadcast including across a forum where people know you. I actually see the lack of explanation as a kindness and respect for someone who made a mistake and hopefully will be able to grow beyond it since there won't be a "paper" trail to haunt him or her.

As far as hacking the admin module.... Whole different kettle of fish. It's a felony to hack or otherwise invade a website you don't have authorized access to and the FBI tend to be pretty vigilant about pursuit so honestly, it should be reported to their geek squad and let them deal with it. It would be rare for someone would hack a lousy little friendly forum and not be messing around in other ways they should probably be aware of.

'Rani

'Rani

[quote name='Pavo21' timestamp='1331149366' post='541666']
i love reading darma since i never am a part of it just intreging
[/quote]
I dont but thats because I'm hands on with it :/ I gotta enough trouble with a younger gf(5 1/2yrs younger at 19) to deal with lol

I'll miss Mike, he was an active contributor to the forum and was fun...but he had to go, couldn't keep his nose away from trouble. There were plenty of warnings, and we tried to let him stay and play, but he just couldn't resist stirring the pot some more. If I acted the way he had over time, I'd be gone too...veteran, mod, or new guy, we are all equal when it comes to the rules and we all need to respect them.

We try to keep this place clean and drama free for you guys, but I guess once in a while the shit hits the fan. I just hope this is the end of it.
  • Upvote 2

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1331129348' post='541649']
The admin control panel runs the forum. It could be destroyed from the cp. Posts erased, forums deleted, the entire database destroyed. It would also be the only way a member could be unbanned. I find it no coincidence that marks forum was hacked yesterday and someone went onto their tc and posted in russiqn and put up.some sort of troll face. Trademarks of someone we know apparently.
[/quote]
[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1331136946' post='541654']

As far as hacking the admin module.... Whole different kettle of fish. It's a felony to hack or otherwise invade a website you don't have authorized access to and the FBI tend to be pretty vigilant about pursuit so honestly, it should be reported to their geek squad and let them deal with it. It would be rare for someone would hack a lousy little friendly forum and not be messing around in other ways they should probably be aware of.

'Rani

[/quote]

actually IPB is a vulnerable platform . IPB is really easy to get into if you know where to look its a vulnerability that's bin there since 3.0 RC.
As for the actual Admin CP is not hard to assess at all its literally adding "/admincp.php" . Once your at the admin cP you need an admin account username and password .and unless your very lucky you have to sniff out the right credentials to gain access

[quote name='ezxen' timestamp='1331172450' post='541720']
[/quote]

'Rani

[/quote]

actually IPB is a vulnerable platform . IPB is really easy to get into if you know where to look its a vulnerability that's bin there since 3.0 RC.
As for the actual Admin CP is not hard to assess at all its literally adding "/admincp.php" . Once your at the admin cP you need an admin account username and password .and unless your very lucky you have to sniff out the right credentials to gain access
[/quote]

So... Uh Dan.... Did you hack HF's AdminCP? :lol:

Thanks for telling everyone how to do it! Haha. Nah, just kidding...

[quote name='shalowlow' timestamp='1331063586' post='541546']
How can we ban our official representative?!
[/quote]Did nobody else get excited when [i]this [/i]Mike showed up? I guess it's just me. Hey Mike!

and why is this in Serious Discussion? People break rules, people get banned. Makes sense to me. Edited by Arcane
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1331174381' post='541722']
[/quote]

'Rani

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
ok it was me but only because i was trying to find out what is in the secret forum :D

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1331174381' post='541722']
[/quote]

'Rani

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

It's actually quite easy, and unless you're really dumb there isn't a good way to track and convict someone doing it. Federal offence yes, that's pending them prosecuting your ass and well it's a hookah forum, feds don't really give a fuck.. I do this for a living mind y'all. Mike was always a piece of shit but a lovable one. He shall be missed.

Also you should know what ezxen described isn't illegal, walking through an open door isn't trespassing in this sense Edited by littlec

Yeah I was just messing with Dan. But I can assure you, it is NOT just an open door for anyone to easily waltz into... Obviously someone with some decent hacking skills could probably get in, but I don't know much about all that to be honest. However, turns out it was tracked who tried to gain access to the AdminCP in this case...

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1331219280' post='541788']
Ok, i invisibled some posts, only because i would rather people NOT talk about ways to try to gain access to the control panel...please.
[/quote]

There you go, taking all the fun outta things again, lol..... Hard to believe anybody is so lacking a life they'd even waste the time trying, but hey.......

'Rani

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1331222061' post='541806']
[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1331219280' post='541788']
Ok, i invisibled some posts, only because i would rather people NOT talk about ways to try to gain access to the control panel...please.
[/quote]

There you go, taking all the fun outta things again, lol..... Hard to believe anybody is so lacking a life they'd even waste the time trying, but hey.......

'Rani
[/quote]

About what I was thinking.

Do some people need a hobby, or what?

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1331174646' post='541723']
[quote name='shalowlow' timestamp='1331063586' post='541546']
How can we ban our official representative?!
[/quote]Did nobody else get excited when [i]this [/i]Mike showed up? I guess it's just me. Hey Mike!

and why is this in Serious Discussion? People break rules, people get banned. Makes sense to me.
[/quote]

Hi Jay!, That's very nice of you to say. Don't worry, I'm a professional lurker. I pop in every once in a while with my sarcasm to cause trouble. I think its hilarious, but others may disagree!

Either way, my addictive personality won't allow me to even own a hookah...I've cut way way down. Still enjoy reading the forums tho!

And now back to your regularly scheduled topic.