What Are You Reading?

Stuie

Currently reading "Manners and Customs of the Modern Egyptians" by E.W. Lane written in 1836 Of interest to hookah smokers,the following statements.He mentions the Persian pipe with coconut base called the Nargileh. If the base is glass it becomes a Shisha. If it has no hose but a long inflexible reed stem it is called a Gozeh and used by the lower classes to smoke tumbak and NHT

How to Get Divorced by 30: My misguided attempt at a starter marriage - Sascha Rothchild

Compassion by Osho

Courage - Osho

Awareness - Osho

Be Here Now

Notes to Myself: My Struggle to Become a Person - Hugh Prathner

Strong Fathers, Strong Daughters - Meg Meeker

Going to reread "To Kill a Mockingbird" as an adult soon. And "Shutter Island".
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='Giant Ninja Robot' timestamp='1302808240' post='505480']
How to Get Divorced by 30: My misguided attempt at a starter marriage - Sascha Rothchild

Compassion by Osho

Courage - Osho

Awareness - Osho

Be Here Now

[/quote]

You're reading all those? :-s

• 2 weeks later...
Finally Decided to read Fight Club. Love the movie, never got around to reading it though. Think Pygmy is the only other Palanhuik book I haven't read.

Awakening to the Spirit World: The Shamanic Path of Direct Revelation by Sandra Ingerman and Hank Wesselman.

I'm in Shamanic Practitioner training. Its an incredible journey (pun intended).

I recently finished reading Lord of the Flies and Brave New World. Everyone had to read those in high school except me for some reason and I thought they sounded extremely interesting, and they were.

Now, I'm reading Lolita. It's alright. I feel like a bad Russian because I don't like it ~that much and it's taking me a while to get through. It does have interesting parts though.

Next, I'm not sure what i will read. I filled up an index card with all the books I want to read, and the list keeps growing.

It won't let me edit for some reason, so sorry to double post.

Reading some of the old posts, I just wanted to add that I am SO glad I ended up reading those two books outside of school. I didn't like or didn't even finish so many books that I think I would have liked a LOT if I hadn't had assignments and tests attached to them. For example, we had to read Sophie's World, Hiroshima, Pride and Prejudice, Ishmael, The Odyssey, Frankenstein, etc. I never got through most of those, though I did finish Sophie's World and The Odyssey. I got SO sick of The Odyssey though, even though it's a FANTASTIC book. I tried picking up Sophie's World again last year, but I just couldn't get myself into it, especially all the parts with the philosophical rambling because they made us really think about those parts at school and reading them again just made my head hurt.

• 1 month later...
[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1302811163' post='505489']
[quote name='Giant Ninja Robot' timestamp='1302808240' post='505480']

Compassion by Osho

Courage - Osho

Awareness - Osho

Be Here Now

[/quote]

You're reading all those? :-s
[/quote]

Yar, I don't watch TV at all and seldom watch movies or play video games. If I'm not out and about, spending time with my kids, or making music, I'm chillin'. Which involves reading and other meditations. I'm having a hard time finishing books lately though.

I did start reading "If the Buddha Dated". It's helping me out alot. I've always been a voracious reader. Knowledge is power. And stories can take you anywhere.
  • Upvote 1

im reading the buntline special by mike resnick and also hooked- pirates poaching and the perfect fish by g. bruce knecht

• 2 weeks later...
Math and English writing books for college [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/dry.gif[/img]