1. 1.

• I have atleast 1 tattoo
    • I have atleast 1 piercing.
    • I have both tattoos and piercings.
    • I have neither tattoos nor piercings.

[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1288132927' post='486454']
[img]http://i52.tinypic.com/3zn9g.jpg[/img]
[img]http://i53.tinypic.com/2dkwjsl.jpg[/img]

Soon I plan on my backpiece getting underway, a full depiction of Ganesh.

I have both ears pierced, gauged to 4's.
[/quote]
Whoa! I've been thinking about a jellyfish on my ribs (on the other side) for a couple years now. Crazy. Yours looks great! I think I'm going to do color though; some crazy oranges and blues.

I have two, but can't find a pic of the other one. It is a cross and an anchor, it says above it "God protects US" underneath it says "We protect the USA"

[img]uploads/monthly_10_2010/post-22092-045457000%201288134268_thumb.jpg[/img]

[quote name='jorlyfish' timestamp='1288133496' post='486456']
[/quote]
Whoa! I've been thinking about a jellyfish on my ribs (on the other side) for a couple years now. Crazy. Yours looks great! I think I'm going to do color though; some crazy oranges and blues.

[quote/]

Do it! I love nature tattoos. I think the color would be amazing.

[/quote]

the ribs musta felt REAL good. nice artwork. :)

[quote name='mushrat' timestamp='1288134979' post='486470']

[/quote]

the ribs musta felt REAL good. nice artwork. :)
[/quote]

Oh, absolutely wonderful. With the tops of my feet and my rib cage out of the way, nearly everything else is downhill.

And thank you, I'm proud of them!

[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1288134825' post='486468']

[/quote]
[/quote]

I will, just saving up the cash for it - I want to have the money to do it as big and detailed as I want.
I'll post pics up when I do get around to it, haha.

[quote name='jorlyfish' timestamp='1288137064' post='486479']

[/quote]
[/quote]

I will, just saving up the cash for it - I want to have the money to do it as big and detailed as I want.
[/quote]

Makes complete sense. Biggest two of the three mistakes when getting a tattoo, and you aren't breaking them.

Don't rush into the design, make it have meaning, think about where you get it.

I adore all mine, and they all hold a special meaning in my heart. That's all I would ask for from my body art.

[quote name='TheyCallMeDave' timestamp='1288137790' post='486482']
[quote name='jorlyfish' timestamp='1288137064' post='486479']

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

Makes complete sense. Biggest two of the three mistakes when getting a tattoo, and you aren't breaking them.

Don't rush into the design, make it have meaning, think about where you get it.

I adore all mine, and they all hold a special meaning in my heart. That's all I would ask for from my body art.
[/quote]

Yep. I love the two I already have (luckily my artist talked me into getting the first one bigger than I had planned for - now it looks smallish to me, haha), looking forward to more.

[quote name='jorlyfish' timestamp='1288130728' post='486445']
[quote name='mustafabey' timestamp='1288129951' post='486440']
Jorlyfish said: Even if not, I'm lucky to be in the creative field where piercings and tattoos are more widely acceptable..."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Isn't it amazing how little this nation has grown tolerance wise in the past 45 years. Back in the 60's tattoos meant to lots of people jail time,biker gangs etc. We were a whole generation that was gonna change all that(meaning racial descrimination,corporate wars, us vs. them) and what happened. The same old prejudices still exist and it looks like a sizeable portion of my generation cut their hair, tossed out their tie dyes and became Sarah Palin supporters. I'd much rather support Michael Palin.
[/quote]

I think some people do still see tattoos and think "convict/biker/gangster/etc" - particularly in certain locations like the neck and hands. But, I'm glad to see a wider acceptance of them nowadays - I'm a believer in being able to look the way you'd like to look and not being discriminated against for it, particularly for a job.
[/quote]

I've been trying to prove the point that tattoos are more widely accepted now to my rather conservative family....they don't listen. I've always been so fascinated by tattoos and i've been waiting to get one. Going to get one in a couple weeks with my bestie and i'm super stoked. I loved the idea for it so much because its a mix of funny/meaning. I'll be getting the same tattoo as my bestie cause we've been through a lot together, but the tattoo we're getting will be something we can laugh at. I'll see if i can find a pic of it to post it.
Oh and i still have the eyebrow in, it closed up and i repierced it. Left nipple fell out, need to get that redone and thinking about getting industrials.

[quote name='Lucy Ford' timestamp='1288162931' post='486510']
Jorlyfish said: Even if not, I'm lucky to be in the creative field where piercings and tattoos are more widely acceptable..."
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Isn't it amazing how little this nation has grown tolerance wise in the past 45 years. Back in the 60's tattoos meant to lots of people jail time,biker gangs etc. We were a whole generation that was gonna change all that(meaning racial descrimination,corporate wars, us vs. them) and what happened. The same old prejudices still exist and it looks like a sizeable portion of my generation cut their hair, tossed out their tie dyes and became Sarah Palin supporters. I'd much rather support Michael Palin.
[/quote]

I think some people do still see tattoos and think "convict/biker/gangster/etc" - particularly in certain locations like the neck and hands. But, I'm glad to see a wider acceptance of them nowadays - I'm a believer in being able to look the way you'd like to look and not being discriminated against for it, particularly for a job.
[/quote]

I've been trying to prove the point that tattoos are more widely accepted now to my rather conservative family....they don't listen. I've always been so fascinated by tattoos and i've been waiting to get one. Going to get one in a couple weeks with my bestie and i'm super stoked. I loved the idea for it so much because its a mix of funny/meaning. I'll be getting the same tattoo as my bestie cause we've been through a lot together, but the tattoo we're getting will be something we can laugh at. I'll see if i can find a pic of it to post it.
Oh and i still have the eyebrow in, it closed up and i repierced it. Left nipple fell out, need to get that redone and thinking about getting industrials.
[/quote]

I have some pretty accepting parents who have been supportive (though not always [i]excited[/i], haha) about everything I've done (body mods and otherwise - drinking in high school, for example) - as long as I'm being careful/taking care of myself (i.e. getting things done professionally and not by some drunk 19 year old at a party), doing well in school, staying out of trouble, and not being a bad person in general, they don't seem to care much.
However, I do have pretty conservative grandparents, particularly on my dad's side. My parents were the only family members that know about my tattoos up until recently, when my ex spilled the beans about one of them to my mom's parents. I wasn't there, so I'm not sure how they reacted. My dad's parents, the very conservative ones, are also paying for my (stupid-expensive) college education. They know about my ear piercings, which are the only always-visible ones I have, and make (pretty dumb) remarks about them, particularly if they've noticed a new one. They don't know about my tattoos though; both are in places I can easily hide (ribs and inner foot) -- and I'm not sure what they would do if they did know about them. I feel like I need to come out of the body-adornment closet eventually, but it kind of scares me - they hold a lot of financial power over me and they know it.

[quote name='jorlyfish' timestamp='1288235059' post='486617']
[quote name='Lucy Ford' timestamp='1288162931' post='486510']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I have some pretty accepting parents who have been supportive (though not always [i]excited[/i], haha) about everything I've done (body mods and otherwise - drinking in high school, for example) - as long as I'm being careful/taking care of myself (i.e. getting things done professionally and not by some drunk 19 year old at a party), doing well in school, staying out of trouble, and not being a bad person in general, they don't seem to care much.
However, I do have pretty conservative grandparents, particularly on my dad's side. My parents were the only family members that know about my tattoos up until recently, when my ex spilled the beans about one of them to my mom's parents. I wasn't there, so I'm not sure how they reacted. My dad's parents, the very conservative ones, are also paying for my (stupid-expensive) college education. They know about my ear piercings, which are the only always-visible ones I have, and make (pretty dumb) remarks about them, particularly if they've noticed a new one. They don't know about my tattoos though; both are in places I can easily hide (ribs and inner foot) -- and I'm not sure what they would do if they did know about them. I feel like I need to come out of the body-adornment closet eventually, but it kind of scares me - they hold a lot of financial power over me and they know it.
[/quote]

I can relate to that a lot. My dad is paying for my school and he holds it over my head every chance he gets. Like it comes up way to often. He actually told my oldest sister he would quit paying for her school if she didn't take out her lip ring...awesome. He likes to say: "You like your tuition? If you want the next check you'll think twice about going into a tattoo shop." I like to test the waters with my dad's mom about tattoos. So far....bad. and i don't want to make her cry. I'm a gramma's boy. And I told my gf last night what and where i'm getting my tattoo in a couple weeks....she said i'm retarded....so loving. Edited by Lucy Ford

[quote name='Lucy Ford' timestamp='1288291058' post='486679']
I can relate to that a lot. My dad is paying for my school and he holds it over my head every chance he gets. Like it comes up way to often. He actually told my oldest sister he would quit paying for her school if she didn't take out her lip ring...awesome. He likes to say: "You like your tuition? If you want the next check you'll think twice about going into a tattoo shop." I like to test the waters with my dad's mom about tattoos. So far....bad. and i don't want to make her cry. I'm a gramma's boy. And I told my gf last night what and where i'm getting my tattoo in a couple weeks....she said i'm retarded....so loving.
[/quote]

May I ask where you're getting it?
And also... it is easier to ask for forgiveness than for permission ;)

[quote name='jorlyfish' timestamp='1288299475' post='486702']
I can relate to that a lot. My dad is paying for my school and he holds it over my head every chance he gets. Like it comes up way to often. He actually told my oldest sister he would quit paying for her school if she didn't take out her lip ring...awesome. He likes to say: "You like your tuition? If you want the next check you'll think twice about going into a tattoo shop." I like to test the waters with my dad's mom about tattoos. So far....bad. and i don't want to make her cry. I'm a gramma's boy. And I told my gf last night what and where i'm getting my tattoo in a couple weeks....she said i'm retarded....so loving.
[/quote]

[/quote]

hahahaha i completely agree with that, been there. I haven't decided. it won't be too big as it will be my first. Thinking about in the nether region. I have other things that i have planned for my ribs and shoulders and chest so i don't want to take those places up just yet. Its prob just gonna be a small tattoo cause me and my best friend are both getting it.

[quote name='Lucy Ford' timestamp='1288309537' post='486710']
[/quote]

[/quote]

hahahaha i completely agree with that, been there. I haven't decided. it won't be too big as it will be my first. Thinking about in the nether region. I have other things that i have planned for my ribs and shoulders and chest so i don't want to take those places up just yet. Its prob just gonna be a small tattoo cause me and my best friend are both getting it.
[/quote]
Don't go too small unless it has really minimal detail... tattoos bleed/blur/"soften" with time. I have text on my ribs that's about 20% larger than I had thought I wanted it, because my artist explained to me it might be hard to read in 30 years if the holes in the e's, a's, o's etc. had closed up due to blur.

[quote name='jorlyfish' timestamp='1288310540' post='486712']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
Don't go too small unless it has really minimal detail... tattoos bleed/blur/"soften" with time. I have text on my ribs that's about 20% larger than I had thought I wanted it, because my artist explained to me it might be hard to read in 30 years if the holes in the e's, a's, o's etc. had closed up due to blur.
[/quote]

The cells that the pigment it placed in moves and mis-shapens over time allowing for this blur. If you're going for something small and are completely opposed to going bigger; find a place that is bony and, even with age and wight gaining- will stay bony.
I already know my crow is going to warp with wight and age, but it's not going to be as bad as if I were to have one near my hips or belly button. ha. Food for thought.

[quote name='Miss Crafted' timestamp='1288311769' post='486718']
[quote name='jorlyfish' timestamp='1288310540' post='486712']
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

The cells that the pigment it placed in moves and mis-shapens over time allowing for this blur. If you're going for something small and are completely opposed to going bigger; find a place that is bony and, even with age and wight gaining- will stay bony.
I already know my crow is going to warp with wight and age, but it's not going to be as bad as if I were to have one near my hips or belly button. ha. Food for thought.
[/quote]

Thaaaaanks guys i am really gonna have to think about that. Luckily I have more time cause i almost went today but some BS came up. lost of BS

I've got three tattoos; a tribal on my right arm (my first tattoo), a cross on my back (done after I was Baptized) and a skull-and-cross-bones on my left arm with a banner saying "Triumph" slung between the bones. The skull and cross bones is the start of a sleeve that I am doing a piece at a time. I'm going to have another banner wrapping around my arm down to my hand which will say "Vi Veri Veriversum Vivus Vici" (By the power of truth I while living have conquered the universe). I then want a collage of angels behind the banner.
As for piercings I have two in my left ear which I did myself and am planning on piercing the ridge of my nose between my eyes.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
New ink on my thigh. Only been a couple hours. Swollen as fuuuuuu...cameraphone bad res and lighting, oh well.

[img]http://i336.photobucket.com/albums/n322/giant_ninja_robot/SSPX0018.jpg[/img]