Hookah Bliss Part 1

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (40 Thieves @ Mar 19 2007, 05:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ya - my advice to you is to contact the person introducing the bill. He or she should be more than willing to talk so you know what your dealing with. Most states allow smoking establishments but not if you obtain a food or liquor license. Also for everyone out there this will be a "smoke free" country in a matter of years for sure. Not that you won't have places to puff on your favorite shisha, but as far as the traditional dinner and a smoke, those places will be few and far between.

I try not to think about that, i smoke cigs in addition to my hookah and other things, and i think were all getting a crap rap from everyone, i want to smoke after my dinner at dennys lol

with the florida situation...i want to add this

It depends on what percentage of your revenue you get from the establishment I believe.

If it is a restaurant, and you make 51% of your revenue on food and dining...then no smoking

If it is a restaurant/bar and you make 49% of your revenue on food and dining...then I believe you are ok and smoking is usually allowed.

I might be wrong...but this is my understanding

Well done and congrats! Not to mention that is a GOOD chunk of real estate -- thought the pictures looked familiar. I live in Durham half the year (my wife teaches at Duke) so I can't wait to drop by!

congrats Mush.

Look forward to seeing how a fellow business owner does in the future. Best of luck to ya. Hope your build out goes as planned. When my schedule calms down and I have a chance to finally take a vacation I'll have to come down your way to visit some friends and check out how you are doing.

Hey folks,
Ya, sorry, been a little busy...
I have they keys. I've got the utilities switched over. Most of my supplies ordered, still have to get the tangiers order in. Got the New benches in the works. Going to go buy the coolers I need tomorrow or saturday. Meeting with the pepsi rep on monday, have to get the beer permit yet. Sunday I'll be doing some serious cleaning and redo the plumbing.
After i signed the paperwork and the rest left, I opened the front and back doors for some airing out, loaded up the qt and sat in the front window to smoke and realize what i'd just done...
While I was doing this 3 different groups of people just walked in going "hookahs??" Told them to come back in 2-3 weeks. I'll take that as a good sign.
I'll post pictures as I get the place together...Thanks for all the support as help everyone....

qqb: look foreward to having you in...

ah..the first time i went into the place to look around, I found a nice egyptian hookah in the basement. there were some very old coals, nakhla and a busted bowl. The hose was a might rotted and musty..but the hookah itself was quite nice. About 28" i figure....

I decided it was a sign.