Hookah Bliss Part 1

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything isn't ready yet, but I had b'day party for a friend there just to get the vibe of having people in the place and to practice setting up hookahs for people...

Had to turn people who were walking by away, explainign I wasn't really open anf that this was just a private trial run. cool.gif

QUOTE (mushrat @ Apr 12 2007, 07:28 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So hey, since pople like toput stuff in their bases, and I'm getting a selection of Syrups for the latte's and for Italian Sodas, why not shots of syrup in the base water?

A cheap and easy way to cut time it takes on cleaning the vases would be a bottle washer like homebrewers use and/or a high pressure nozzle for the stems. I am not sure what your sink setup would accomidate.
CLR is some really good cleaning stuff that homebrewers use as well. If you had a large enough sink to submerge stems as well as vases in that stuff works quick and rinses easy. Gets the smells off smile.gif

Edited by Scalliwag

Well, update time again...

I fired the Pepsi Rep and coke is jumping to fill the spot. Way to go guys.
Got my tobacco sales permit. Repaired the door downstairs, reinforced the locks after replacing the entire 2x4. (see picture)

My equipment may show up friday, may be monday, who the heck knows at this point.
Finally reattached my door to the frame and the frame to the wall. Added soem weather stripping and I actually have a front door that you can't sneeze on and knock over. dry.gif

And I found the box the hookah in the basement came in...it's a hookah brothers.

I know i know, i dont drink soda, but i did prefer coke products myself. but my original reason for going with pepsi was that the rep took the tiome to reply to my initial call, where i never heard back from coke the first time. Thought it said soemthing about their customer service, musta been a fluke. dry.gif

I remember when Hookah Bros was the biggest online retailer. Did someone buy them out or did they fizzle? Ironic, because when I first got into hookahs their big claim was lifetime customer service. Maybe that put them out of business. Anyone know how hookah their actual hookahs are?

YAY the coolers arrived..except i didnt think id ordered one of them, thought id gone with a different model..so there's mushrat having to move a 4 socket, floor mounted outlet about 5 inches so the coolers will fit...the lovely crawls space under the joint got to just about as high as I am thick..never a dull moment...

Coffee's and syrups have arrived.

A few new pictures...not often you get to watch the evolution of a hookah Cafe from conception to birth... huh.gif

Oh man you are so going to need those little buzzer things they have at Chili's. You will pack up in no time. Unless there is another one in town I hope you have a map for a 2nd one... which is always easier than the first, although your route seemed pretty painless. Good luck hookah brother.

Yep..almost there...

Well, there's thisplace no one likes but go to cause its the only game in town. you get 2 choices, Nakhla 2 apple or strawberry. They underpack the bowls, use cheap quicklights, atit costs 12 bucks. Nad they line up for the place...

Busy is good.... tongue.gif