Hookah Bliss Part 1

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (mushrat @ Apr 5 2007, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sean: you come and visit, I'll keep some dirt in the "private" stock.

lol if i ever make it to the east coast i am going to hold you to your word. i am sure i can think of a good excuse to manage my way over there sometime over the summer

QUOTE (mushrat @ Apr 5 2007, 12:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Gotta carry what they want...

Remember you can't please everyone in the business world.

I still dont understand the whole, I want to smoke but not tobbaco thing. Maybe those people just need to hang it up and quit.

QUOTE (Scheetz @ Apr 5 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I still dont understand the whole, I want to smoke but not tobbaco thing. Maybe those people just need to hang it up and quit.

True. But if carrying a small selection of a tobacco free gets me a little more business, why not. Can always stop carryiong it if it doesn't sell. Worth a try. To me its like decaff cofee and non-alchoholic beer...Useful in limited situations, but not quite the same as the good ole real thing. wink.gif

QUOTE (Scheetz @ Apr 6 2007, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree with that scheetz - so mush is your place called Hookah Bliss then? and not smokestackers

ya, the nc legislature is considering a no smoking in bars and resteraunts law, so i'm going to plan ahead and not do food myself. What i am doing is arranging delivery service from the mediteranian deli next door. I use their menus, people order soemthing, I call over to them, they deliver it, we split the profits. That way i'm not preparing the foood, storing the food, or technically serving the food. so the health depaertment can take a flying leap and I dont have to have the equipment for food prep at all. A win win for both of us.

QUOTE (mushrat @ Apr 6 2007, 11:53 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ya, the nc legislature is considering a no smoking in bars and resteraunts law, so i'm going to plan ahead and not do food myself. What i am doing is arranging delivery service from the mediteranian deli next door. I use their menus, people order soemthing, I call over to them, they deliver it, we split the profits. That way i'm not preparing the foood, storing the food, or technically serving the food. so the health depaertment can take a flying leap and I dont have to have the equipment for food prep at all. A win win for both of us.

good call. We were planning on having a catered food so we could still have a full food service but we dont have the room to cook it. We passed on the idea as we are just going without any food. But the way MD is looking we might have to carry something inorder to have our liquor license. dry.gif

QUOTE (mushrat @ Apr 6 2007, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (Scheetz @ Apr 5 2007, 08:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

True. But if carrying a small selection of a tobacco free gets me a little more business, why not. Can always stop carryiong it if it doesn't sell. Worth a try. To me its like decaff cofee and non-alchoholic beer...Useful in limited situations, but not quite the same as the good ole real thing. wink.gif

Think of it this way... You should be able to get Soex for pretty cheap since online retailers are always looking to dump their stock of it. Which flavors have you tried? I think Joe.Lip said he had one that was decent, I'll have to check out the review threads again.

I'm with Scheetz on the "why smoke if its not tobacco?" phrase. I think people have just bought in to too many "Truth" ads regarding smoking or assuming that "if it ain't tobacco, it must be safer!" mentality.

Sheetz: aint government grand?

GoD: well, if enough people are willing to pay for it thinking its safer, who am I to argue? I won't carry a lot because personally, while the 2 i've treid started off not to bad, after about 20 minutes it reverted to smoking wood chips. huh.gif

Well, the place is coming along nicely, I've got the old coolers moved out, one is gone already the other is sitting in the seating area. I hope to have it sold off soon. I've taken down all the wooden shelving the inspector didn't like, moved the sound system to make room for the pepsi stuff, and cleaned out most of the unnecessary crap from the kitchen.

I'll post pictures of the progress tomorrow, but if I can get all my inspections lined up for the 17,18,or 19th I may be able to open by that next weekend.

Hi Mush,

Great to hear things are coming along. Congrats to you! I know I am pretty new to the forum, but if you ever need any help or advice please feel free to pm me anytime. I have been through the process before and would be happy to answer any questions you may have to the best of my ability.

Best of luck to you,
Donny at Blue Midnight

moved the sound system to make room for the pepsi stuff

pepsi sux..lol

Looks like things are moving along nicely. I like the idea of a having a bit of non tobbacco stuff, can just let it sit on the shelf if no one wants it.

hey mush,

it would be interesting to hear after you finish everything up and get settled it would be cool to hear what the start up cost of a hookah bar is. heh. just thinking it would be fun to toy w/ the idea.

Anyways, best of luck.

The goodies are starting to show up....the place is shaping up..haveing a party there Sat. for a friends birthday..private of course....

Hope to be open by the 20th....

I do have a logo now though..simple yet effective:

[attachment=201:lg_artwork_caps.pdf] Edited by mushrat

You're famous. Now push to change CCW laws, so your patrons can protect themselves from gangbanging homies (homeys?). wink.gif

If you want my honest opinion, the logo doesn't look all that refined. In the nicest possible way, sometimes its best to NOT let your friends do work for you... some people don't want to offend and it can get in the way of business.

What style of sign design are you going after?

QUOTE (kornkitten42 @ Apr 11 2007, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mushy, What is that L thing supposed to be?

not trying to offend but i don't really like the design. I just dont know what that weird L thing is sad.gif

I believe that its intended to be smoke rising up in the shape of a lowercase l....

QUOTE (Zerodynamic @ Apr 11 2007, 12:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (kornkitten42 @ Apr 11 2007, 09:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
mushy, What is that L thing supposed to be?

not trying to offend but i don't really like the design. I just dont know what that weird L thing is sad.gif

I believe that its intended to be smoke rising up in the shape of a lowercase l....

Correct, a blend of smoke and a flame. I like it because it is simple, I think its kinda classy, and it isn't your typical hookah bar logo. Can always change it later but for now I'm sticking with it.
Looking to the 23rd or so to open.

Posted a few new pictures on the photobucket. Follow the link posted earlier...

Merde..this is fun! Mostly... huh.gif

QUOTE (mushrat @ Apr 12 2007, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So hey, since pople like toput stuff in their bases, and I'm getting a selection of Syrups for the latte's and for Italian Sodas, why not shots of syrup in the base water?

Pain to clean

QUOTE (40thieves @ Apr 12 2007, 02:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
QUOTE (mushrat @ Apr 12 2007, 12:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So hey, since pople like toput stuff in their bases, and I'm getting a selection of Syrups for the latte's and for Italian Sodas, why not shots of syrup in the base water?

Pain to clean

yea idk about puttin syrup in the water. mush it already sounds like you have a vast selection of goods in your bar, that will be plenty along with good customer service to get a good flow of customers. The first couple months is all about time! I remember when dhuwan hookah in lisle, Il used to be me and a couple buddies just hanging out, they never had that much business. About 3 months later they had to turn people down becuase they didnt have enough room to seat them inside and out of the store. Now they have two locations, and they will have two more inside the city limits of chicago by summer. I hope you have as much success as my friends at dhuwan.