Maybe We Are Getting Closer To Electric Hookah Bowl, Here Is The E-Bowl..

Just saw this today, anyone else seen it or even used this? The Squared E hookah bowl.

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-17305-square-e-head.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_anhcRtwju4

Doubt I'd ever get this, but I'm curious on the draw. 

Very cool.  A real cross between vapes and hookahs that actually seems to work out pretty well.

The problem is that it costs about the same as a very well modded vape w/o any of the benefits of portability.

Seems like its basically an E-Cig on top of a hookah, no? Its the same concept, but in larger form. I would venture to guess it smokes pretty similarly, maybe a bit smoother. 

I'd like to try it out, but for the price I don't think that will happen for me. Certainly looks nicely put together. My only concern is in the user reviews in terms of long-term durability, considering the tanks are made of plastic and corrode.

Regardless, very cool stuff.  I'm sure with time better and better versions will be released, as with most any product. 

The only thing that resembles a hookah is the fact that you place it on top of one. This is an atomizer, that you can only use e liquid in, not shisha tobacco. Until they can figure out how to actually incorporate tobacco into this, then I'm not even close to being amused. This is just someone trying to make a buck, no innovation here. 

But that's how I see it, some people may actually like it, and that's ok too. 

The only thing that resembles a hookah is the fact that you place it on top of one. This is an atomizer, that you can only use e liquid in, not shisha tobacco. Until they can figure out how to actually incorporate tobacco into this, then I'm not even close to being amused. This is just someone trying to make a buck, no innovation here. 

But that's how I see it, some people may actually like it, and that's ok too. 

Couldn't have said it better myself!

The thing that intrigues me is that it only is active when you draw off the hose. That's the part that I think is getting closer to a legit electric coal.

The thing that intrigues me is that it only is active when you draw off the hose. That's the part that I think is getting closer to a legit electric coal.

Agreed. That's what it's gonna take to make it actually worth a damn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm wondering if you could make a coil like one that is in a vaporizer and have it heat up lava rock or something similar on top of the bowl of actual shisha. Put the button on the hose. I feel that once the lava rock has heated up, it'd have around that idle coal temp. Press the button and boom! Heats up like drawing a hookah.

Something like that would have to draw a shit ton of power to heat anything up substantial enough to cook shisha tobacco. Not to mention, if it's constantly drawing that much power that coil wouldn't last very long at all.

I just recently picked up a different version of this off eBay for $25. The rook or H1.  I did a review on the non banned other forum. Its pretty neat.  not a complete substitute, but has its uses. I think ill like it even more once I get a better juice (it came with blueberry pancakes).

Edited by deprekate

I just recently picked up a different version of this off eBay for $25. The rook or H1.  I did a review on the non banned other forum. Its pretty neat.  not a complete substitute, but has its uses. I think ill like it even more once I get a better juice (it came with blueberry pancakes).

Link to a product listing page?  I can't find it myself.  If it's cheaper than this $150, I'd be interested.

Hey, I've been doing some research into making my own electric hookah coals, by using the same nichrome wire they use for vaping, but on a bit larger scale, suspended in a wind cover over the bowl. The power would be on a switch activated by a lightweight paddle that partially or mostly covers the opening of the wind cover, so when you inhale, the paddle is sucked down, and it hits a switch to turn on the wire. I'd include a capacitor of some sort to keep the wire hot for a little bit after you're done with the first hit, but it would essentially turn off the coils when not in use, since the wire heats up quickly enough (in theory). The only issues I've run into so far are:

1) Wire temperature. I have temped my coals at around 300-350F in the air over them, but I don't quite know if that's hot enough. I've heard from a couple of people it should be more like 400 or 450F to properly heat the tobacco.

2) separating the electronic components and such from the heat. Mainly this involves the microswitch used on the paddle, which would need to be able to resist any heat transfer from the paddle to the switch. the best I've found is a few switches rated up to 300F, so I think I'll play with one of those first, and see if it ends up melting or something.

I figure with it all built into a wind-cover, the unit will work with pretty much any bowl available as long as the cover sits properly over the bowl. Might not even have to use foil, though I'm going to for the first testing iterations just in case.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Ideas? I've had the project idea in my head for about a year or two now, but am just now getting to the point where I've actively looked into making it. I plan on using a battery for it, with possible optional wall socket power supply as well, depending on the needs of the wire for heating up right.