Wtf Km

So as many of you know i have a eltroplated KM. It was recently sold to a female friend of mine who ended it up giving it back to me. She realized she rather be at a hookah bar then at home smoking. Didn't even ask for a refund hehe. 

So as my girlfriend was cleaning the stem she realized there was a small leak in the down stem. Calls me over to see if that is normal and i told her no it not. So i had her pick at the eltroplating with her nail and it came of really easily and in chunks too. 

This is what i found. 

[URL=http://s19.photobucket.com/user/OverLord21/media/IMG_2595_zps442cd03e.jpg.html][/URL] 

[URL=http://s19.photobucket.com/user/OverLord21/media/IMG_2596_zps6998bc8e.jpg.html][/URL]

Needless to say i am super pissed at KM for covering up a default like that with just eltroplating. 

It does not yet interfere with the performance of the hookah, so i may leave it as it is. 

Um, that electroplating isn't done by KM, importers do that subsequently upon importing them. 

I hate the electroplated ones, too. 

That damage could have happened from the KM factory, in transport on the cargo ship, in the importer's warehouse, when the plating occurred, in the hands of the retailer, or in transport to the customer. Now, I'd be the first to blame KM, if it were appropriate, but I would guess that damage happened after the KM factory. It could have happened in the KM factory, but due to the nature of the electroplating, deficient or defective units would be "hidden" and would be selected because they were 2nd quality. A reputable importer would through it in the pile and get a credit from KM, so I would guess it happened at the electroplater (if the retailer contracted the electroplater directly), at the retailer, or during shipment. If the box came in good condition, then you're left with a crummy importer, wholesaler or retailer. 

it arrived in perfect condition. My guess is, KM had a few defective pieces laying around, and decided to sell to an importer for a cheaper price. The importer instead of fixing the problem, decided to just hide the problem instead. Just my guess.  

lol those silly Egyptians i once had a km with sand in it! lol i noticed it while shaking it lol 

I Have heard of this happening. It has not happened to me, but when I imagine someone shaking a hookah and sand falling out, it gives me a chuckle, I imagine tons and tons of sand pouring out in a cartoon fashion with no real explanation as to how it ALL got in there.

• Upvote 2

I have heard that they used go put sand in them to give them the "solid" effect but without actually making them a solid piece. Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

well that makes the image in my head all the more relevant I suppose. 

lol those silly Egyptians i once had a km with sand in it! lol i noticed it while shaking it lol 

I Have heard of this happening. It has not happened to me, but when I imagine someone shaking a hookah and sand falling out, it gives me a chuckle, I imagine tons and tons of sand pouring out in a cartoon fashion with no real explanation as to how it ALL got in there.

thanks, it keeps me going through the hard times, until it runs away down a bad path and then i am convinced i am dying.

Well that really did a 180

• Upvote 1

>thanks, it keeps me going through the hard times, until it runs away down a bad path and then i am convinced i am dying.

Well that really did a 180

What can I say, I am complex individual.

All I have to say is, I would never buy an electroplated or quadmetal KM, as it's just something that can and likely will go wrong sometime. And I'll probably never buy another KM anyway because I love my Syrians so much. KMs are okay and all, but their quality seems to have gone down over the past few years. Hopefully they can improve and get back to where they used to be.

All I have to say is, I would never buy an electroplated or quadmetal KM, as it's just something that can and likely will go wrong sometime. And I'll probably never buy another KM anyway because I love my Syrians so much. KMs are okay and all, but their quality seems to have gone down over the past few years. Hopefully they can improve and get back to where they used to be.

i'd like to see what Syrians you got. They are so pertty to look at. I have had over 8 Syrians (kept a few sold a few got some more etc. I think im set on Syrians so far, so now im thinking of getting a couple Turk pipes. If i ever get another Syrian after the 1 i just got it has to be a Nawras. I got the Syrian i have now simply because it resembled a Nawras Kasbah used to sell back in 2011-2012. BTW do you have Any Tokel pipes? I'm new to turks but i'd like to ask an expert / aficionado on what are the 2nd best Turks after Elmas? I saw some El Nefes up close and was turned off by them...  

Edited by A Sharrp SYBIAN

i'd like to see what Syrians you got. They are so pertty to look at. I have had over 8 Syrians (kept a few sold a few got some more etc. I think im set on Syrians so far, so now im thinking of getting a couple Turk pipes. If i ever get another Syrian after the 1 i just got it has to be a Nawras. I got the Syrian i have now simply because it resembled a Nawras Kasbah used to sell back in 2011-2012. BTW do you have Any Tokel pipes? I'm new to turks but i'd like to ask an expert / aficionado on what are the 2nd best Turks after Elmas? I saw some El Nefes up close and was turned off by them...  

Check out my collection thread. I currently own 2 Nawras and one Tokel. Love all 3. I've never owned a Nefes but from the things I've heard I'd never bother trying one. The good reviews I saw mostly came from your typical biased fanboys, who made excuses for the horrible and all-over-the-place quality control. Either way, I think Tokel is an excellent alternative to the pricier Elmas.

"Hand Made" means each is going to have it's own unique problems. :)

adds a bit of charm too though :P cause thats what makes it really mine :D

Exactly! I know my km double pear is not like anyone elses cuz it has its own little things that are wrong....unlike my Mya which I know there are tens of thousands of then exactly alike