The Definitive Music For Smoking Hookah Thread!

Vangeloff

[quote name='Beardius' timestamp='1299432896' post='500445']
Last night i listened to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, the new album from Kanye West.
night before we listened to Mumford and Sons, William Fitzsimmons, Bon Iver, City and Colour folk and etc.
When im at work i like to listen to bands like Emmure, My Ticket Home, The Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red.
And I really like listening to Wiz Khalifa, Wale, Lupe Fiasco, Kid Cudi, Curren$y, and other good hip hop artist.
[/quote]

The Derivatives is pure gold!

[quote name='Lucy Ford' timestamp='1299452202' post='500459']
[quote name='Beardius' timestamp='1299432896' post='500445']
Last night i listened to My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy, the new album from Kanye West.
night before we listened to Mumford and Sons, William Fitzsimmons, Bon Iver, City and Colour folk and etc.
When im at work i like to listen to bands like Emmure, My Ticket Home, The Devil Wears Prada, August Burns Red.
And I really like listening to Wiz Khalifa, Wale, Lupe Fiasco, Kid Cudi, Curren$y, and other good hip hop artist.
[/quote]

champion
[/quote]

Goodness, you guys have AWESOME taste!

[quote name='kcK' timestamp='1299430551' post='500443']
Ahh, Nick Drake.. I should try that.. Uhh.. For me, I listen to this Soundscapes channel from my cable provider. Its just a fuckton of calming bullshit. I usually read (on my kindle, like someone before me said) and smoke. But other than that... Uhh... Ska music, or dubstep. Yep, dubstep and hookah. FUCK YEAH!
[/quote]

DUBSTEP + Hookah = eternal sunshine in my soul

I usually watch movies when i smoke, but here's some stuff that I put on when i'm relaxing :

--Electronic/Ambient :
Boards of Canada
The Flashbulb
BVDUB
Biosphere
Flying Lotus
Motionfield
Yagya

--Rock/Progressive/Metal
Porcupine Tree
Focus
Camel
Opeth
Enslaved
Scale the Summit
Periphery / Animals as Leaders

--Jazz/Fusion/Funk
Wayne Krantz and Keith Carlock
Jamiroquai
Jaga Jazzist
Pat Metheny Group
Jeff Beck
Exivious

Bob Marley, Led Zeppelin, Scars on Broadway, Frank Sinatra, and some 90's Rap. Oh and cant forget Citizen Cope. Just depends what kind of mood I'm in.

[quote name='HubertLovesMagdyZidan' timestamp='1299650027' post='500705']
[quote name='Cp44' timestamp='1299274481' post='500293']
Arabic music or trance
[/quote]

wut kind of arabic music?
[/quote]

arabiphile you hahaha

[quote name='Arcane' timestamp='1299613291' post='500669']
i usually watch TV and call Chris on his cell. then listen to him breath heavily.

kinda creepy, no?
[/quote]

[img]http://tnation.t-nation.com/forum_images/9/7/97d46-creepy_you_can_try_but_you_will_never_be_this_creepy_in_your_life_demotivational_poster.jpg[/img]

I usually draw and listen to power metal while smoking.

Last time my sister was over, we listened to Freedom Call; it was lovely.

thievery corporation.. for sure
Air, Prefuse 73, "Shabi" aka Egyptian pop. likle Hakim, Amar Diab, Tammer Hosni, Nancy Ajaram etc... I find "Takir" traditional style stuff to be really fun to smoke to like; Mohammad Abdo, Warda or Om Kathoum Check them out I don't speak Arabic but it is fun regardless.

[quote name='GeorgieHC' timestamp='1299810414' post='500972']
thievery corporation.. for sure
Air, Prefuse 73, "Shabi" aka Egyptian pop. likle Hakim, Amar Diab, Tammer Hosni, Nancy Ajaram etc... I find "Takir" traditional style stuff to be really fun to smoke to like; Mohammad Abdo, Warda or Om Kathoum Check them out I don't speak Arabic but it is fun regardless.
[/quote]

Mohammed Abdo is a CLASSSSSIIIICCCCC Khaleeji singer. But SHAMI music is what im about! If u like the old school stuff, check out Sabah Fakhri.

and of course Najwa Karam <3

for dabke music u listen to while u smoke: Ayman Zbib

[quote name='LZDjoshua' timestamp='1299591086' post='500650']
[quote name='kcK' timestamp='1299430551' post='500443']
Ahh, Nick Drake.. I should try that.. Uhh.. For me, I listen to this Soundscapes channel from my cable provider. Its just a fuckton of calming bullshit. I usually read (on my kindle, like someone before me said) and smoke. But other than that... Uhh... Ska music, or dubstep. Yep, dubstep and hookah. FUCK YEAH!
[/quote]

DUBSTEP + Hookah = eternal sunshine in my soul
[/quote]

agree'd

[quote name='kmccoy90' timestamp='1299465183' post='500479']
Wiz Khalifa lives by me. I hung out with him and some mutual friends before he got big. He's a cool dude.

I don't really listen to music. I'm usually engrossed in tv or games. That being said, I'd be willing to bet my library is as eclectic as anyone's here. Look up Keiko Ave on YouTube.
[/quote]

I looked up Keiko Ave on Youtube but didn't find anything. I found music by Keiko Matsui though... is that it?

If my trance buddies come over, its Qlive Max or DJ Fausto, Tiesto and the like.

Other friends, hip hop.

Other friends, trip-hop / mellow / Radiohead'esque (the trip-hop styled albums).

Me (and my hippie friends), "yoga" or melodic music. Some below.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CxKZu_Afi0[/media]
Song for Ancestors - by Juno reactor. Similar songs by them (most of it is "crap" to me, weird South America trance): Conquistador pt 1, Solaris (brilliant), Angels and Men.

The movie to the above video is Avalon, an incredibly visual sci-fi russian (or polish?) flick.

Some nice Apocalyptica
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14sRksQGgts[/media]

I like so many different genre's that I don't mind (and want) the preferences of my folks music tastes playing along to hookah.

When I'm meditating, with hookah, its pure silence, and, I tend to stop smoking after 10-20minutes anyway. Unless I'm thinking on hookah as life as smoke as glass, or something strange as such. Edited by redjako

Need to get into more dubstep, this was my first introduction and I loved it. But, energetic (angry'esque) doesn't suit me in hookah. No Lamb of God - Break You.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx6prrO-jas[/media]

The beginning part to my last hookah video..which, I have slacked so much on (working on a 60pg single spaced content based hookah site :D).

[media]http://www.youtube.com/xlhookah#p/a/u/1/Kfo8SWmCY2s[/media]