New Hookah, To Me

Pics forthcoming.

Was over a friends house and she'd been saying, "I have this hookah and don't want it, do you?" I said, "Sure" thinking it was a pumpkin or even a QT. Something along those lines.

Tonight she brought it out. It's coated in dust (been sitting in her closet for a while). Definately not what I was thinking. I feel bad for the people who left it behind. Which is why I'm gonna post pics here, get you experts to tell me what I just inherited.

It's probably as tall as my Mya Legend (about 2'). And the bowl is male instead of female. The vase is deep blue with flowers around the top. Hose probably isn't washable (and will be for display since I don't know where its been).

[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1343278053' post='552624']
My guess is an indian pipe maybe? They seem to traditionally be taller if i'm not mistaken.
[/quote]

not male bowl though. that means it's either turkish, lebanese, syrian, or VERY old/rare egyptian

[quote name='Hassouni' timestamp='1343280621' post='552625']
My guess is an indian pipe maybe? They seem to traditionally be taller if i'm not mistaken.
[/quote]

not male bowl though. that means it's either turkish, lebanese, syrian, or VERY old/rare egyptian
[/quote]

Oh good call. Then this might be quite interesting indeed...

[quote name='aeon' timestamp='1343281061' post='552626']
[/quote]

not male bowl though. that means it's [b]either turkish, lebanese, syrian, or VERY old/rare egyptian[/b]
[/quote]

Oh good call. Then this might be quite interesting indeed...
[/quote]

Exactly why I'm intrigued, haha.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Mya also has a male bowl option. :P

Thank you for your patience. I'll try to get some more detailed pics if needed.

This is the hookah
[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7107/7656618226_125573af31_z.jpg[/img]

The base
[img]http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7273/7656618612_77434fb26a_z.jpg[/img]

The bottom of the stem
[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8282/7656618740_83c34ed5f8_z.jpg[/img]

The tray

[img]http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8293/7656617996_893a761ec8_z.jpg[/img]

Syrian style etchings and hose port, but the general shape of the stem looks like an Egyptian but then again, the vase looks very Syrian also. Very interesting Syrian I would say. I don't think I have seen a Syrian (if that is what it actually is) with a female port for the bowl. Nice unique pick up!

[quote name='mattarios2' timestamp='1343406151' post='552728']
Syrian style etchings and hose port, but the general shape of the stem looks like an Egyptian but then again, the vase looks very Syrian also. Very interesting Syrian I would say. I don't think I have seen a Syrian (if that is what it actually is) with a female port for the bowl. Nice unique pick up!
[/quote]

That sums it up pretty well... I'd have to say it's Syrian too

[/quote]

Yep, that's a Syrian. Is the purge cap missing or is it just not in the pictures? BTW, John, most Syrians had female bowl ports before the past decade when the exportation of Syrian pipes grew. Actually, if you walk through Souk al Hamidiyeh or other markets in Syria most Syrian pipes you see have female bowl ports.
  • Upvote 1

[quote name='KasbahBazaar' timestamp='1343411731' post='552732']
[/quote]

Yep, that's a Syrian. Is the purge cap missing or is it just not in the pictures? BTW, John, most Syrians had female bowl ports before the past decade when the exportation of Syrian pipes grew. Actually, if you walk through Souk al Hamidiyeh or other markets in Syria most Syrian pipes you see have female bowl ports.
[/quote]

Interesting, learn something new every day ey

Purge cap is missing. Looks like the hose port is taped down. When I get the chance to do a thorough cleaning, I'll fire it up and see how it smokes. I'll be sure to review Chreees' video on stem cleaning LOL

Do you think the stem unscrews or pulls out? I don't want to break the base. If it's stuck, what do you suggest to loosen it? WD-40?

One thing I love about two of my Syrians is the ability to swap out the bowl adapter for male or female.

Pat- Does the bowl adapter unscrew? If so, you may be able to find a male bowl adapter to work with your female bowls. Won't be easy, though.

Also, if your purge cap is missing, you should be able to find a replacement one somewhere. Some online vendors sell them, but I'm not sure which ones would fit.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1343416881' post='552745']
One thing I love about two of my Syrians is the ability to swap out the bowl adapter for male or female.hp

Pat- Does the bowl adapter unscrew? If so, you may be able to find a male bowl adapter to work with your female bowls. Won't be easy, though.

Also, if your purge cap is missing, you should be able to find a replacement one somewhere. Some online vendors sell them, but I'm not sure which ones would fit.
[/quote]

I picked up a couple of male bowl adapters (for receiving female bowls) last weekend for just such an occasion. :)

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1343423671' post='552758']
[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1343416881' post='552745']
One thing I love about two of my Syrians is the ability to swap out the bowl adapter for male or female.hp

[/quote]

I picked up a couple of male bowl adapters (for receiving female bowls) last weekend for just such an occasion. :)
[/quote]

You's one smart cookie. ;)