What Is Your Dream Job?

I will be a housewife and healing facilitator. I will live on a big plot of land and only have to go to "town" for things I can't produce on my own property. Occasionally I will have healing sessions for the community, drum circles, sweat lodges, yoga philosophy classes, hatha yoga classes, various ceremonies, spiritual retreats, etc.

• Upvote 2

I worked my dream job for 8+ years. I was a counselor and supervisor in a wilderness camp for youth at risk. Oh the kids could be demons,but having been that kid,having been in jail and having spent 40 years wasted,it didn't bother me and I could empathize with them. I used Native American stories and drum circles to teach. I remember once,laying in the sand on the Outer Banks,watching the boys swim with dolphins, and my partner said"Can you believe we get paid for this shit"

I'm with Arcane here. It's been my dream since I was a kid to open a little coffee shop somewhere. I've run some theme ideas through my head and I've got it all planned out... just no $$. No paper cups or frappuccinos, just good unadulterated coffee, via french press or vacuum drip, you name it. Perhaps a little hookah section on the patio or something, but that's not a requirement.

Otherwise I'd love to get paid to drive around a big diesel truck with a trailer on it all day. Now to get the Class A CDL...

Almost anything anywhere in the world except this country where it seems every personal freedom is being stripped away more and more. I mean, I was watching old reruns of Sex and the City today and there's a scene in Paris where Carrie starts smoking again and asks her lover if he's going to say anything about her smoking again and he says "Everyone smokes in Paris." God what I wouldn't give for a place where we can still smoke in public. It's a symbol, you know?

Seriously though, I started an e-publishing company just the past few weeks, I'm 2/3rd's done with my own first e-book to go online by August 1st in both Kindle and Nook format, (keep your fingers crossed) , will be publishing other authors and eventually be able to move out of this wretched country where we're tuning into pablum swilling puritans and run my business from international shores

EDIT: And yes, in case you're wondering I'm thoroughly pissed off at this country and if someone offered me a chance to move tomorrow, if I could take the furballs with me, i'd be packing..

'Rani

[quote name='rahl071' timestamp='1310959776' post='516312']
An assassin.

"Nothing is true. Everything is permitted."
[/quote]

i change my answer to this...but, more specifically a really good one and highly paid (and never catchable)

muwahaha.

Probably concept or character artist for a gaming company.
Also thinking about going into publishing (illustrations/book covers for children's books and chapter books)...

Working on it. :)

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1310992145' post='516351']
So many of you want to run a coffee shop, when really you know you want to run a coffee shop where you can smoke hookah too. Or was that already a given?
[/quote]
carepolice covered a hookah smoking coffee shop....

[quote name='INCUBUSRATM' timestamp='1310992145' post='516351']
So many of you want to run a coffee shop, when really you know you want to run a coffee shop where you can smoke hookah too. Or was that already a given?
[/quote]

I would like to be able to smoke hookah in my own coffee shop, however...I really do not want to be drinking/eating whilst strangers are blowing smoke out into the air. So, I'd rather keep the hookah smoking away from my coffee shop/hitman store. Board games would be allowed though, if I could accomodate the demand.

[quote name='jorlyfish' timestamp='1310981644' post='516341']
Also thinking about going into publishing (illustrations/book covers for children's books and chapter books)...

[/quote]

I'm still rooting for children's book illustrator.

rally or lemans professional race car driver
test engineer for an auto company (kinda had that in germany with VW, i would really like to be one of the actual test drivers though rather than just a test engineer with an occasional drive)
traveling marine biologist as well so that i could be diving all the time

or professionally rich so that i could afford to race expensive cars, own a race team and talk with the engineers/help with the engineers and scuba dive all over the world..yea that one

[quote name='jman1993' timestamp='1310952971' post='516284']
own a big car dealership and have everyone do everything for me
[/quote]

I'd love to own a used high end car dealership and drive a different cool car home everynight! Maserati on Mondays and Ferrari on Fridays!

a [font="Arial"][size="2"]Chocolatier just to be surrounded by [/size][/font][font="Arial"][size=4]chocolate[/size][/font][font="Arial"][size="2"] all day *heads out for a cadbury bar *[/size][/font]
  • Upvote 2

God emperor of Dune

Nuff said

But srrysly

Id love to become a project manager/writer for a large Game Development team Edited by S3cretz

[/quote]

Sweet you wouldnt be interested in helping me with a project im a great programmer but crappy artist.

[quote name='S3cretz' timestamp='1311108453' post='516572']

[/quote]

Sweet you wouldnt be interested in helping me with a project im a great programmer but crappy artist.
[/quote]

Well, I only work with traditional media at the moment; like I said I'm more interested in character design or concept art... so you would need to find another artist to translate those concepts into a digital format.

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1310955284' post='516289']
Almost anything anywhere in the world except this country where it seems every personal freedom is being stripped away more and more. I mean, I was watching old reruns of Sex and the City today and there's a scene in Paris where Carrie starts smoking again and asks her lover if he's going to say anything about her smoking again and he says "Everyone smokes in Paris." God what I wouldn't give for a place where we can still smoke in public. It's a symbol, you know?

Seriously though, I started an e-publishing company just the past few weeks, I'm 2/3rd's done with my own first e-book to go online by August 1st in both Kindle and Nook format, (keep your fingers crossed) , will be publishing other authors and eventually be able to move out of this wretched country where we're tuning into pablum swilling puritans and run my business from international shores

EDIT: And yes, in case you're wondering I'm thoroughly pissed off at this country and if someone offered me a chance to move tomorrow, if I could take the furballs with me, i'd be packing..

'Rani
[/quote]

Look on expatexchange, there are tons of jobs all over the world for Americans and a lot of us bring our pets with us!

[quote name='Rani' timestamp='1310955284' post='516289']

'Rani
[/quote]

Rani... you got hairballs??? they make medicine for that!

I have to agree 100% though. Everything seems to be an over-regulated, poorly thought out bunch of BS rules dictated by a poorly educated, overpaid jackass (or collection thereof) meant as a one-size fits all fix for a problem that really doesn't exist. It seems the USA has become a place where they (the govt in general) has decided that every little incident/case of some crazy bastard doing something... well... crazy means we need an ass-load of new regulations, forms, safety laws, checks, reports, whatever.... typically in some attempt to prevent a re occurrence of a freak incident. We don't make real products here because you can't do it without a dozen insurance agents, lawyers, and a few more to watch the ones you already hired.

I have tossed more than one solicitation in the bin over silly crap like insane liability requirements. would rather sit and watch the weeds growing in my parking lot than feck with finding an insurance carrier willing to cover a damn cabinet hinge with 2m of liability indemnity.

The average american needs to grow some, and learn that everything isn't someone elses fault. Smoking in public??? hell, that is a fantasy! I just wish they would figure out that if they Swing from the cabinet door and it's going to break-hopefully clonking them on their fool head.... and it's not McDonalds fault they ate 4 big macs and a shake every day for 10 years, now they have arteries full of crap.

Damn, Rani... you got me started this rant, in keeping with the theme, is your fault. :facepalm:

Dream job my arse. anything you find in this nation is going to be a glorified paper shuffler, or gov't mandated file clerk.

• 2 weeks later...
Mobile Computing Product Development Architect

I want to be a project manager from concept to full product including software and interface design.
I want to make things that become part of our lives, that anyone can use, and genuinely become an extension of ourselves rather than dominating how we change our behavior to suit it.

I want to be a DJ for an underground hip hop radio station free from the influence of Clear Channel, Payola, and generally anything else that destroyed the quality of mainstream hip hop over the last 12 years. All Advertisement funds would help pay for air time, and any remaining amount of funds would go towards a detailed program designed to help rebuild ravaged inner citiy neighborhoods all over the country, starting with my home town. I have all of the plans ready, I just need the resources.

• 2 weeks later...
Quantum mechanic and/or professional writer [img]http://www.hookahforum.com/public/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif[/img].

Would also prefer to work outside the states in a more knowledge and science oriented country.

It may sound silly but I wanna design cars from scratch, then make the prototype in a workshop (obviously inside a hugeass garage/workshop in my house) then that would get mass produced by either an existing major company like BMW or audi or sth OR start a company of my own... yeah, not gonna be easy!

Although they are illegal due to the damned UN, I would always liked to run a private merc company (I.E. like Executive Outcomes) If you dont know - Google it. Different than a security company.