Khalil Mamoon Tefnut... A Warning...

Okay so a friend of mine was having a birthday, and I decided to get him a KM since he doesn't have one. So I purchased the Khalil Mamoon Tefnut from Hookah-Shisha.com. Here is what I saw.

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/Khalil%20Mamoon%20Tefnut/Tefnut1.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/Khalil%20Mamoon%20Tefnut/Tefnut2.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/Khalil%20Mamoon%20Tefnut/Tefnut3.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/Khalil%20Mamoon%20Tefnut/Tefnut7.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/Khalil%20Mamoon%20Tefnut/Tefnut6.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/Khalil%20Mamoon%20Tefnut/Tefnut5.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm126/tunes4x/Hookahs/Khalil%20Mamoon%20Tefnut/Tefnut4.jpg[/img]

This thing is the biggest piece of junk. H-S was good enough to send me a different hookah instead. I see why it's so cheap.

So the way I see it can be 3 things:

1) H-S is lying to me about it being a KM. But that's like saying John was lying to someone. I have a really good report with them and don't by this one.

2) Their Supplier is lying to them. Possible they have issues with KM suppliers and I confirmed it wasn't from the known importer that tries to screw over vendors.

3) KM has taken a stab at a cheap line like Mya's Econo Line. Possible.

So be warned people.

Yuck, that looks like crap. the little egyptian guy isn't even on there straight. sorry to hear that stuie. I just got one of the new KM butterflys in and i noticed the quality is going down. It feels to me like they are using thinner or cheaper materials. I haven't gotten to smoke out of it yet though, so we will see how that goes. I still like it though, nonetheless. hope your next one turns out better

[quote name='Stuie' date='19 March 2010 - 10:32 PM' timestamp='1269063145' post='458357']
actually the little figure rotates around. It's not in there solid at all.
[/quote]

Yup..so does the one I have.

Wow, that looks like shit dude. H-S needs to change their info on that one... I trust Code and Nar that it's not a KM. If H-S doesn't change the page for it, then that's proof that they're intentionally deceiving people. I therefore would not buy from them anymore. Hopefully they change it to "generic Egyptian Tut hookah" or something... But yeah, I could tell in the pics it didn't look like a KM...

Also be careful not to try and spin that figure too much, the welds on mine right next to the hose port under the figure completely broke so that who area actually spins and leaks.

Does the tray rest have KM's name stamped in Arabic? It's unclear/hard to tell from your picture. Mini Egyptians have always been poorer quality than larger ones from what I've seen.

Also, that importer you are bashing has better quality KMs then others on the market (at least among those brought in on the west coast). You should probably know what you're talking about before speaking out against them, even if you keep them anonymous. Edited by foibled again

[quote name='foibled again' date='20 March 2010 - 01:27 PM' timestamp='1269116820' post='458437']
Does the tray rest have KM's name stamped in Arabic? It's unclear/hard to tell from your picture. Mini Egyptians have always been poorer quality than larger ones from what I've seen.

Also, that importer you are bashing has better quality KMs then others on the market (at least among those brought in on the west coast). You should probably know what you're talking about before speaking out against them, even if you keep them anonymous.
[/quote]

Bashing? How would you possibly label that as bashing the importer. I know the importer who "brings" these in. Bashing a product and bashing the person who brings them in are two totally different things. Im going to leave it at that and not drag this further.

[quote name='nars2k' date='20 March 2010 - 06:51 PM' timestamp='1269136268' post='458486']
Bashing? How would you possibly label that as bashing the importer. I know the importer who "brings" these in. Bashing a product and bashing the person who brings them in are two totally different things. Im going to leave it at that and not drag this further.
[/quote]
To clarify, that portion of my reply was in response to:

[quote name='Stuie' date='19 March 2010 - 08:37 PM' timestamp='1269056238' post='458332']
I confirmed it wasn't from the known importer that tries to screw over vendors.
[/quote]

i'll keep that in mind. then again, i don't order from h-s anymore. it wasn't their service, their prices are just high...PLUS i'd have to pay state taxes...no bueno. but that looks like a huge piece of shit.

Sorry to hear/see that Stuie, but at least they're doing something to fix it for you. Hope the replacement you get is much better and your friend enjoys his bday present.

[quote name='antouwan' date='21 March 2010 - 06:30 PM' timestamp='1269221418' post='458689']
i'll keep that in mind. then again, i don't order from h-s anymore. it wasn't their service, their prices are just high...PLUS i'd have to pay state taxes...no bueno. but that looks like a huge piece of shit.
[/quote]

The prices I've seen on them versus other places seems the same to me. In fact, they are the cheapest Ive found on the Mya Paragon 4 hose hookah, which is what I'll be buying next if the tobacco rape tax doesn't go through.

ya, the pharaoh is too detailed for a KM, I have the KM King Tut and it is nothing like that. The Tut I have IS a quality KM with everything you would expect from them. If I was HS, I would sell them as Nammor Tut hookahs...

[quote name='antouwan' date='21 March 2010 - 08:30 PM' timestamp='1269221418' post='458689']
[/quote]

That's pretty interesting. I looked at every reputable dealer people have mentioned on this forum and H-S came out ahead of all of them in price and overall value, including shipping.