How Easy Was It?

How easy was it to get tangiers smoking for the first time?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. how easy was it to get tangiers smoking for the first time

• Quite easy (1-2 trys)
    • fairly easy (3-5 trys)
    • medium diffuculty (5-10 trys)
    • not so easy (more than 10 trys)

Im thinking of buying a 250gr pack of tangiers, pref orange soda. Im wondering how easy it was for you guys to get tangiers smoking when you first started smoking it. And what are the best flavors to start out with? Edited by smidge

My first (and so far only) Tangiers experience was with Orange Soda and I really enjoyed it.

The bowl was ok, I was using lump wood charcoal from Lowes, and it kept going out. Second and third time, had too much heat. Fourth time worked great, took Canon's advice (i dont have a phunnel) and packed the shisha around my pinky, and used 1.5 3K QL split in halves and it smoked great, and had no problems after that. Edited by ryno

I put medium difficulty because I have been smoking Tangiers for a while and there really was not much info about the tobacco yet. The first time I tried Tangiers it was Passion fruit. I did not read a dang thin and I opened the package and it smelled a little strong, but I packed up a bowl and about killed myself..lol
I left it for a few days and I opened the container, and i was like WOW this stuff smells amazing now. So I tried smoking it through regular bowls and had some good sessions and some epic failures. Then I found HF and the Phunnel bowl and it has been smooth sailing since.

Id say medium, but I think it's at least partially due to me mistaking the horrible taste (to me anyway) of K-Apple as me messing up tangiers.

The times I've smoked F-Cocoa have all been pretty good, a little too much on the harsh side, but I think I know how to fix it. Each bowl keeps getting better and better.

I voted for fairly easy because I went through 4 bows trying to get Tangiers smoking right. But I'm not sure what you mean by "try"? Does it mean how many bowls you've used? Cause that's 4. But with those 4 bowls I would pack the shisha "normally", over pack, have shisha touching foil, try puffing for 15 min in the hope the harshness would go away, remove shisha so it doesn't touch the foil, put lots of charcoal, take charcoal off, punch more holes in the foil, pack the shisha SOLID, add windcover, etc. So in all honesty its not like I made "4 attempts", but I did only use 4 bowls. I suspect people are going by bowls and not "attempts".

Also 4 times to get something smoking well in my book is HARD! Not "fairly easy".

With other shisha brands I've managed to get good smoke (albeit not alway uber smoke) the first time round. Its so simple, just stick shisha in, check airflow, foil, holes, and charcoal, thats it! Even a child could do it. If it tastes burnt, move coals or remove some, simple. I have to say, I REALLY wish I knew what makes Tangiers so "special". After all, Fantasia/Nakhla is suppose to be a similar nicotine content to Tangiers (in theory, but in practice one of the brands is being dishonest!), but Fantasia manages to produce lovely, beautiful smoke, no faffing around with bowls and "special instructions" or having to read dozens of posts on some obscure fanboi website!

I swear, if it wasn't for this forum and I brought a pack of Tangiers from my local shop. I would have thrown it away after the first bowl and assumed its one of those crap brands, like Afzal. I reckon most people who try Tangiers do that! And who knows!! Maybe Afzal is like, "THE" best smoke EVER! You just have to pack it right and use the "special instructions" on preparations, and somewhere on the internet is some obscure fanboi website with instructions on how to do all this, but its in Romanian or something so we'll never know and all these Romanian are having "THE best smoke EVER"™. WHO KNOWS?!

And who cares? Who among us is going to live forever? Who has the time to read every post on the internet and try out every brand, and a million ways of preparing a bowl from a million different opinions, just to find "THE best XXXX EVER"™? Well not me. I've seen the years slip by, and I regret all the time I've wasted on my useless pursuits. And I honestly do have better things to do in my life!

Tangiers is a good smoke, but I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. If you're not on the HF forum then its simply not worth the effort of googling the net and reading buckloads of crap on various forum's just to master some "moderately good" shisha brand. And most people dont smoke for "buzz", if I want buzz I'd smoke a cigarette! To personal friends I'd recommend Al-Fakher or any other decent brand and with the time they've saved, they can spend that with loved ones - enjoying the smoke.

I got a phunnel and Tangiers 10 - Sample Pack coming from the DPG this week so I will get back to you on this one.