mushrat

I have the following body adornment:  

416 members have voted

1. 1.

• I have atleast 1 tattoo
    • I have atleast 1 piercing.
    • I have both tattoos and piercings.
    • I have neither tattoos nor piercings.

i went with a friend to get her navel done last week and we flipped through the book of piercings about 10 times looking for inspiration for me.. and nothing.
the best idea we could think was an eyebrow, but im hunting for a job at the moment and a nice fresh highly visible piercing cant help that.

and i finally got inspiration for a tattoo!
id like to get a rather large phoenix thats flying and on fire with a long tail and LOTS of color. it would be on my right side flying from my sort of lower back toward my chest area.

i really need to find some pictures of what i see in my head, then sit on the idea and maybe put the picture on my wall so i see it constantly.. if i still like it in 6+ months, ill think about actually doing it.

and yes, i know. that will be one hell of a painful tattoo.. but what it reprisents is my stuborn way of having to learn everything the hard way, and then pull my self back up and thrive once again. much like the phoenix rises from its ashes.

also ive always really liked the symbol and idea of a phoenix. my favorite mythical beast if i had to choose. smile.gif

QUOTE (The Cameron @ Dec 31 2006, 06:21 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
at least you're willing to wait it out. most ppl would HAVE TO have it now.

edit2: derail: cameron: do you really have a mach 1? or is that a dream? if so... i demand pics and video in a new thread. that is all. /derail.

real reply:

its permanent. its going to have to be something i have to, and want to see EVERYDAY for the rest of my life. and i have to want other people to see it too.

also i googled a bit and found some rough ideas of the style of bird im thinking about:

its on a woman at a (i think) tokyo tattoo expo of some sort. keep in mind im a dude tongue.gif
but thats a rough basic idea of the area and style.. mine would be more on the side rather than the back. it would be more tail on my back and wings and body moving toward the front.
Edited by Evil_Spork

• 2 weeks later...
i have 5 ear piercings on each side of my ears, one cartaliage, i'm stretching my first ear piercings but not overly big...two tattoos, my naval twice and my nipples, first tattoo when i was 15 1/2...the shamrock pic is really bad :/ Edited by elynnbert

• 2 weeks later...
Holy crap, 46! Nice biggrin.gif I have a tongue and belly piercing. I originally wanted to get my tongue split, but I asked around (mainly guys wink.gif) and they said that was kinda sickening. I want to get a Manson (Antichrist Superstar) symbol on my lower back (the lightning bolt with the arrow pointing down) I think it would be amusing to have that in that location XD I've got the symbol necklace that I wear constantly and my friend pointed out that it points at my cleavage, so... hell, why not? smile.gif

A little word of advice... don't get any band tattoos. What you like now in a rebellious young age, you might not care for a whole lot when you're late 30s and starting a family. wink.gif

Case in point, I have a few friends who thought it would be awesome to get their favorite metal band tattooed in various places.... you look kind of like a commercial and it sucks when you grow out of metal.

Acceptable band tattoos are as follows: Misfits "Crimson Ghost" tattoo, what's-his-name from Maiden, and maybe two others.

• 1 month later...
alrighty! WHERE DO I START LOL

i have (list style lol)

1 industrial piercing- didn't flinch one bit.... didn't really hurt.... bothered me for 5 minutes and actually slept on it 3 days later no problems
2 gauged plugs @ 2g in bottom lobe
1 belly ring (hurt like a mother.... horrible.... worst piercing pain EVER... took forever to heal
2 nipple rings (one for each side wink.gif and sorry but these DID NOT HURT..... MY FIANCE COULDN'T BELIEVE I DIDN'T EVEN MOVE, it didn't bother me in the slightest and didnt hurt at all after i left either.... lol but i love them have had them for over a year....)
1 cartilige piercing eh not too painful
and 4 other regular lobe piercings not at all painful

1 tattoo of a cat. took about 45 or maybe more can't remember but it didn't really hurt, it was just weird since i was used to piercing. but i "enjoyed the pain" if you will, i have a very high pain tolerance.....

I'll post pictures soon it (not of the nipple rings sorry boys!)

(btw my cat tattoo i thought about getting for YEARS i got it when i was 20 but wanted it since i was like 12 honestly.my only advice about tattoo's is... do not get a tattoo unless you absoultely want it... as many of my friends have found out... It's a permanent reminder of a temporary feeling...... )

as for piercings... they're removable... lol do whatever you want!

btw... i think i'm the only chick here with her nipples pierced tongue.gif cool.gif woot for me wink.gif Edited by kornkitten42

well i finally got around to getting some pix of my favorite tats and here they are. sorry they're not the best. they were done with my phone.

the bottom dragon is probably my favorite one.

All of my piercings have dwindled down to a whopping 4!

A set of 2g plugs and a set of 10g plugs on my lobes.

=o(

I took my tongue ring out like 4 months ago (I had it in since I was 16, and it was at a 4g!) I miss it a lot. Haha I kind wanna re pierce it.

I’ve had my bellybutton done
My tragus, conch, cartlidge, rook… haha basically everywhere on my ears.

I really wanted to get my Uvula done (the little punching bag in the back of your throat) I dunno why, but I have wanted it for ages.

Two tats.. I think I already posted pictures of them…

I’ve been wanting to get another tat…
I am just waiting for the FDA(or whatever its called) let tattoo artist use black light ink.
BLACK LIGHT TATS FTW!!

QUOTE (mushrat @ Mar 13 2007, 06:54 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
so Korn, you show up at airports 3 hours ahead of time juts to get through security? wink.gif tongue.gif

yup and for some reason... they always* feel the need to search me..... Even though i tell them i have multipule piercings... Blah... idiots... if your little wand thing is beeping at me when it goes across my chest.... and you can see indintations..... yeah.. it's not a piercing it's two tiny nipple bombs.....

everyone remain calm.... or i'll blow my breasts off!!!! dumb!

No you don't. That is the ONLY thing that keeps you from choking to death on everything you eat/ drink / swallow (closes up the airway so food goes the right way).

Not to mention mine periodically swells up to like 10 times it's normal size and swallowing is AGONY.

QUOTE (Erica @ Mar 13 2007, 12:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really wanted to get my Uvula done (the little punching bag in the back of your throat) I dunno why, but I have wanted it for ages.