I Quit Smoking Hookah

I started getting headaches after smoking like 2-3 bowls a day with anywhere around 2-3 rounds of coals each. I think it was the golden canary coals doing it. They also gave a slightly weird taste as opposed to coco coals.

That wouldn't surprise me, I have to light my GC's outside and keep the patio door shut while they light because the smell from lighting them makes me feel sick. Then again, all coals do that to me any more. 

mattarios I was smoking anywhere from 2-4 bowls a day. When I smoked 1 bowl a day, I was fine. But I figured if half my day is spent at home smoking, I might as well try something different. 

Just packed a bowl of Mazaya and I'll see how I feel afterwards. 

• 1 month later...

This is my first post and the perfect thread to post my reply to.

I bought my first hookah in 2009 and smoked for 3 years, I was also smoking cigarettes during that time. I loved the hookah but wanted to stop smoking cigarettes. I found out the only way to do that would be to stop smoking hookah... I sold my hookah and have been smoke free for some time now, I do feel way better and I sleep better, but that might be because of the cigarettes not the Shisha.

Either way I miss my KM and want to get back into it with the AF Herbal Shisha. I'm hoping that keeps me happy and off the nicotine. Im just browsing hoping to find more info on the Herbal Shisha.

I quit smoking hookah because I'm growing a human.  I quit the forum because I quit smoking hookah.  Due to space and wanting to right by family, I do not see hookah being part of my life again for some time.  Maybe in the future I can get out to a lounge but in regards to home smoking, not seeing a place (or space) for it.  

Heh, thats a legit reason if I ever heard one. Good luck with the little human, and hopefully you can eventually bring hookah back into your life after a while! Wish you all the best!

Heh, thats a legit reason if I ever heard one. Good luck with the little human, and hopefully you can eventually bring hookah back into your life after a while! Wish you all the best!

Thanks! I hope folks are still around by then.  :)

• 2 months later...

I had quit smoking hookah for the last few months due to working a new longer shift and starting to work out and lose weight.  I just came back to it again after about 8 months of not smoking.  For me it was all due to time though.  Working 10-11 hour days doesn't leave much time for anything aside from eating and sleeping haha.  

• 2 weeks later...

Yup I guess I need to be counted in this; I still have a closet full of pipes xD I admit I want to get to smoking hookah again, but sadly I have neither the time, energy, nor money. I hope once I move out on my own I can get back into it. I loved this stuff, and this place. Its sad to come back and see how dead this place is becoming :( I know why though, the world is hooked on vaping. I say that as I sit here and smoke some Southern Freeze out of my Aspire K1, hooked onto my Eleaf iStick xP Hookah isn't the "new" trend in smoking anymore, and I've seen soo many amazing hookah bars close because of it, and in their place (and I mean that quite literally in one case) vaping shops sprout up.

If I can swing it, I hope to open a combo vape/hookah/bar thing in about 2-3 years. That is as long as the FDA doesn't screw me over xP Funny enough, now that big tobacco and the FDA are concentrating on vaping, it seems our long held passion is out of the firing line. 

Yup I guess I need to be counted in this; I still have a closet full of pipes xD I admit I want to get to smoking hookah again, but sadly I have neither the time, energy, nor money. I hope once I move out on my own I can get back into it. I loved this stuff, and this place. Its sad to come back and see how dead this place is becoming :( I know why though, the world is hooked on vaping. I say that as I sit here and smoke some Southern Freeze out of my Aspire K1, hooked onto my Eleaf iStick xP Hookah isn't the "new" trend in smoking anymore, and I've seen soo many amazing hookah bars close because of it, and in their place (and I mean that quite literally in one case) vaping shops sprout up.

If I can swing it, I hope to open a combo vape/hookah/bar thing in about 2-3 years. That is as long as the FDA doesn't screw me over xP Funny enough, now that big tobacco and the FDA are concentrating on vaping, it seems our long held passion is out of the firing line

Nope, the new FDA regulations are likely going to affect hookah as well. And I see it being worse for hookah than it will be for vaping, because there was a huge outreach in the vaping community to get people to write in to the FDA, sign petitions, etc. I didn't see this as much within the hookah community. Throw in the association of hookah with the Middle East, and it's definitely not looking good.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Actually sold my three hookahs, all my shisha, coals, etc. awhile ago...my major reason isn't health concerns or lack of opportunity but that I got bored. Once I was able to attain awesome sessions all the time and become near perfect, there wasn't much pleasure in smoking recreationally and there was too much attention. What ended up happening is that I'd get "contracted" to go to parties literally every weekend to setup the hookahs because my "friends" insisted upon it for the "girls" and since I'm not a party goer, it wasn't really my scene. I'd also have people ask all the time if they could borrow one of my hookahs, making them more of a burden because of the attention that came with them, so I just sold everything.

• 1 month later...

I unwillingly quit. I miss it terribly  

I got pregnant. That meant no more smoking. We moved while I was preggo and the Robot said no smoking at the new house. Soooo I haven't smoked since December 2013. 

Ironically, I took my pregnancy test after a day of drinking and an evening with my hookah.

• Upvote 1

I got pregnant. That meant no more smoking. We moved while I was preggo and the Robot said no smoking at the new house. Soooo I haven't smoked since December 2013. 

Ironically, I took my pregnancy test after a day of drinking and an evening with my hookah.

​Congrats on the new baby, Molly! I too had a son, in December actually. Aren't they great?

​Congrats on the new baby, Molly! I too had a son, in December actually. Aren't they great?

She was born in August. She's sailing through milestones at an alarming rate. At 4 months old, she decided she was tired of being immobile and rolled over Christmas Day. Three weeks later she decided she wanted to crawl. Two weeks ago she decided it would be fun to pull herself up to stand. Now, not only does she want to stand, she's starting to walk along the edge of the sofa. Kids aren't supposed to be figured out how to walk at 7 months!

• Upvote 1

She was born in August. She's sailing through milestones at an alarming rate. At 4 months old, she decided she was tired of being immobile and rolled over Christmas Day. Three weeks later she decided she wanted to crawl. Two weeks ago she decided it would be fun to pull herself up to stand. Now, not only does she want to stand, she's starting to walk along the edge of the sofa. Kids aren't supposed to be figured out how to walk at 7 months!

​Wow, that's impressive! Our kid was holding his head up no problem straight outta the womb, so we think he'll be similar to yours!

​Wow, that's impressive! Our kid was holding his head up no problem straight outta the womb, so we think he'll be similar to yours!

Yeah, she was doing that too. She is a petite thing though, just over 14 pounds now. 

• Upvote 1

well hello again, its been awhile HF.. but I to have quit. I started having problems with my teeth. It is what it is i guess, i may get some for my bday as a gift to myself.. but thats a few months down the road. enough about me though.

I like the new look of the forums, good layout and looks like alot of new and old members still around. Keep up the good work mods/mush.

• Upvote 1

Aw shit, it always sucks when health reasons keep you from your little joys eh? Hope you stick around anyway, maybe when you get your teeth sorted out you can get back into it?

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

I feel like I've learned everything I needed to from this forum and Youtube. My hookah sessions were exceptional, and I was moving forward in my life very quickly, so I lost time to be on here as much. Though I have made some cool friends on here and had great conversations on here.

That seems to be almost everyones situation. They learn all they need to have great sessions and just kinda fall out the loop with life getting in the way... It sucks but it happens eh?

• 4 weeks later...

That seems to be almost everyones situation. They learn all they need to have great sessions and just kinda fall out the loop with life getting in the way... It sucks but it happens eh?

No kidding, life is pretty awesome. I now feel like I have mastered everything from the basics to making my own hookahs, and now have graduated to spreading the good word of hookah to the world. I've even had my mom's friends smoking with me.. hahaha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I still smoke so much, but I mainly just sit around waiting for new flavours and pipes and bowls to come out, and that isn't very often anymore.

Yep. Smoking is routine in my life, it's just a almost daily ritual in the evening. Nothing new in the hookah world in ages now though!

I don't know about that. Silicone bowls are new. Heat management, such as Kaloud Lotus & Apple on top. Vapor bowls. I think there is still some room to innovate in the hookah world. Not to mention all the new flavors and brands popping up. 

But I agree with ya, I am in such a routine, that my non-smoking-girlfriend, (now hookah-smoking) knows how to pack even Tangiers tobacco.