I Quit Smoking Hookah

• 1 month later...

I quit coming around for a lot of reasons. About four and a half years ago I landed a new job. I was working 10 hour days 6 days a week. At the end of the day I found myself just wanting to rest and not do anything else. Time went by and I just stopped doing it. 

I also stopped coming by the forum because of all the new faces. There was a time in my life where I didn't have a lot of 'real world' friends but I saw a lot of people on here as friends. One by one they quit coming around... some just didn't have time to log on... some quit smoking all together... and some got banned. It was tough logging back in and seeing everybody was gone.

I took the first week of September off, burned up some vacation days. In the weeks leading up to my vacation I was thinking of things to do and smoking hookah was one of them. So I busted out the KM I bought from Stuie and ordered my favorite flavors. I couldn't find my old medium Phunnel so I had to order a Vortex to make due. Day one of my vacation came and I packed my bowl full of Orange Soda (probably my favorite) and felt all the memories come rushing back... The first time I tried smoking hookah, the first time I dropped a coal on the carpet, the first session I got just right (it was AF rose flavor), to the first time I got a bowl of Tangiers just right... And I realized how much I truly missed it.

A lot has changed in the almost 4 years since I last smoked. The cut of Tangiers being the biggest shock. Last time I bought some it had thick long cuts of tobacco, and now it's a moderately fine cut. 

I've been smoking from the hookah I bought from Stuie everyday for just about a month now and I don't ever want to look back. As I'm typing this I'm chugging away on a Pico bowl loaded with Tangiers ololiuqui.

ANYWAY I apologize if that was tl;dr. 

• Upvote 3

It wasn't tl;dr actually it was a nice post to read, nice to hear you're back in the hobby! I hope this place hasn't changed too much for you, and I hope you come back at least every few days... This place has become quiet but some of us still lurk daily...

How are you enjoying the orange soda, I loved that flavor when I had tangiers. Currently smoking nak OG orange and loving it.

Well, I think you might have been before my time as well, but it's great to see you getting back into it and coming back around here! I find even month-long breaks from hookah remind me how much I like it when I come back to it. 

The Orange Soda is a bit different than I remember. Back in the day it was 100% straight up orange soda flavor. Now it seems like it's orange soda-ish. The recipe has either changed, I can't get the heat just right, my tastebuds have gone to hell on me, or fuck, all of the above. I use to be able to load my medium Phunnel up, plop three coconaras on top to let it heat up, pull one off after a minute or so and chug away with excellent flavor and smoke. Now when I try that I burn the fuck out of it. It sucks having to re-learn proper heat management.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome back, guys. It feels good to be back in the fold.

You know, I actually noticed with my last batch that it seems as though Orange Soda has more of an Orange Creamsicle taste now than when I first tried it years ago. Maybe that's it? Closer to Hacitragus (which is straight up Orange Creamsicle to my tastes).

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I haven't quit completely but only smoke once every couple months.. instead of the multiple times a week or day in the past. I'd say mostly bc of a busy life. I also enjoy cigars so that gets in the way. I just need to move back to the southwest so I can climb mountains and smoke on top

• 5 months later...

well, then between the two of us, i was out in cali on business the other week and hit up a lounge for funsies. first time ive smoked tangiers, good tangiers, in like 3-4 years. i switched to og nak a while back because of eric's qc issues when he was over-ordered. i might have to order some tangiers now..

• 3 months later...

Been a long time since I was remotely active on here, but I'm only smoking a couple of times a year. In college, I had roommates that hookahed so we'd smoke every few days at least. I also had a number of local friends that liked smoking and we'd frequently hang out on summer evenings and smoke. I don't have as many local friends who like the hookah (or at least that I know like it) and have been busy since going back to school, so I haven't been smoking much. Also have picked up some other expensive hobbies that have eaten into my funds (travel, scuba, cars, motorcycles).

I'm working from home some days these days, so once it cools down a bit, I plan to start making Tuesdays smoke while I work days. I did it once back in the spring, but it's just too hot today to make me want to go outside - and I've had enough carpet burns and now what we know about hookah and CO to not want to smoke inside.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2016 at 10:26 AM, Travis said:

Made a spontaneous order last week. Going to set some time aside tomorrow to have a nice session. Looks like this place is still pretty dead unfortunately. 

I still smoke occasionally, mostly when my brother comes to town. I very rarely order anything though so it's mostly stuff I can pick up at shops around where I live now

• 2 weeks later...

Vaping most of the time, quit chewing, Hookahs mostly just set. Get them out every once in a while. Just don't have the time between grandkids, Boy Scouts, Church, Dating my wife (empty nesting is fun once you get the hang of it, lol). Restoring a car, etc...

edm.

• 8 months later...

I have not been here is a while.  I quit 3 years ago.  Cold Turkey.  I had pneumonia and could not smoke for a while then I just never came back to it.  I miss it everyday.  Lately I smoked with my friend who had this super clean all glass hookah.  Oh my... I think that woke up the hookah monster in me.   I gave away all my stuff a year ago.  Now, I regret doing that.  Still thinking about investing into it again or not.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, AlFackHers said:

I quit smoking Hookah for about a month now. This was more because of my Vape that I received on my birthday. I do miss Hookah, I just found out there's a hookah bar near me so I might go just to have that buzz. 

Yeah honestly after I got my own vape, I stopped smoking hookah. That was about 3 months ago, and I been smoking for about 3 years almost everyday, crazy. 

• 3 months later...

I quit because my wife asked me to with 2 kids in the house. Now that she left me and is taking the kids... I wonder how big my buzz will be when I hit Tangiers again.

5 hours ago, Stuie said:

I quit because my wife asked me to with 2 kids in the house. Now that she left me and is taking the kids... I wonder how big my buzz will be when I hit Tangiers again.

Sorry about the wife, been vaping for a couple years, still have all the stuff just easier to vape.

edm

• 2 weeks later...

Stuie, that's rough news about your wife.

My youngest one just turned one so the hookah ban in my house has been lifted. Life should get a little easier from here on out and hopefully free up some hookah time.  I'm looking forward to getting back into it more than the once in a blue moon thing it's been the past year or three. 

I'm sad to see that this place is a ghost town compared to what it used to be. I think the peak of the "fad" has passed. Even the online stores seem to have limited selection; or maybe all the stuff I liked has been discontinued. 

Let's get this party cranked up again. 

• 3 weeks later...

Let's do it Skoozle!

Not sure how my Premium Member status got revoked... I understand the Mod part of it!

Premo Status probably just expired. 

Are there any Mods here? Mush hasn't been on since New Year's Eve.

Good news! I just helped my Aunt order  her first hookah. I'm excited to have another hookah owner in the family.