I Found A Puppy In My Garage

Coleman

I found a puppy in my garage I took her in to the house and am going to have her checked for a chip but she looks to young if no one claims her I'm keeping her. I named her atlas since I'm obsessed with Greek mythology. She is kind of adorable

Yes Pavo all the dogs in me and my aunts place were either street roamers or from the pound we save them and yes Chris your right she is MEGA ADORABLE!!!

Actually she looks like a mix of some sort.  Lhasas are rarely black.  But she is adorable.  If you're up to having a 5th dog, all you need to do is get a kennel license.  (Most states require a kennel license for more than 4.)  But they aren't that expensive (depending on the state of course), maybe $100 these days, and you don't need one until she's at least 6 months and ready to be spayed.  Check your local regulations.  And honestly, if you keep your dogs close, nobody is likely to care though if you get caught, you have to buy the license and there may be fines, but usually they just make you get the kennel license.  She looks like she's probably going to be a really good dog and found the place she wants to be, so personally, I'd go for it.  But I would also keep watch and see if anyone claims to have lost her.

'Rani

Actually she looks like a mix of some sort.  Lhasas are rarely black.  But she is adorable.  If you're up to having a 5th dog, all you need to do is get a kennel license.  (Most states require a kennel license for more than 4.)  But they aren't that expensive (depending on the state of course), maybe $100 these days, and you don't need one until she's at least 6 months and ready to be spayed.  Check your local regulations.  And honestly, if you keep your dogs close, nobody is likely to care though if you get caught, you have to buy the license and there may be fines, but usually they just make you get the kennel license.  She looks like she's probably going to be a really good dog and found the place she wants to be, so personally, I'd go for it.  But I would also keep watch and see if anyone claims to have lost her.

'Rani

I just checked for you.  In San Diego county a kennel license is required for SEVEN or more dogs.  So if you want to keep her and no one is looking for her, I'd say you've got a new addition to the family.  Oh, and by the way, they usually aren't chipped until they're spayed (or registered as a pure bred) as a general practice.

http://www.sdcounty.ca.gov/pds/zoning/formfields/DPLU-ZC085.pdf

'Rani

Rani you are amazing, but sadly I'm not in San Diego anymore (I really need to fix that) although I am still here I California small town called Atwater in Merced county so ill check the laws here

Okay, she's little, she doesn't take up much room.  I put myself through junior college working for Riverside County Animal control and I'll tell you what I'd do.  I'd keep her assuming no one is looking for her.  I would not pay the kennel license and would have one of the dogs, any which one, licensed under someone elses name and address.   Like your parents, etc.  She looks about the size of a future lap dog, so she's not likely to be out running with a pack, right?  If anyone comes by to check because of a neighbors report, which won't happen unless you're not taking proper ownership of your dogs, you simply show the licensing for the 5th dog at another address and say she stays with you one day now and then but not on a regular basis.  Trust me, animal control has a whole lot more to worry about than somebody who's got an extra pocket dog that's well taken care of in their home.  And if you do get caught, then you buy the kennel license.  The odds of getting caught?  I'd say 1 in 50 at the most.  if you're a good owner, keep them quiet at night, they don't run loose, etc., nobody is going to bother you.

'Rani