Silliest/most Worthless Thing You've "misappropriated"?

ChicagoRSX

This kinda popped in my head because my wife and I drove by what used to be the Arby's restaurant where she was talked into walking out with a full bottle of Arby's sauce. To be fair, she was 9 and was talked into by her Aunt. So I figured I bounce it off the people here, let's hear you silliest.

By the way, this is now way supposed to be a contest of "look what I stole". Just silly/worthless things. So please don't think this thread is championing theft.

Senior year i acquired one of those industrial size toilet paper rolls from mcdonalds. put it on a rope around my neck and wore it to school. needless to say the vp confiscated it and asked me what i was doing. i told him people my age wear necklaces with oversized pendants of things they like and i was just catching up with the trend and was too poor to afford a gold tp roll

In my early teens, my friend and I would go to this little general store and swipe the lighters off the counter when the 1the employee wasn't looking or busy with something else.

We collected dozens of lighters and had tons of fun starting fires, shooting fireworks or just throwing then on the ground to pop them.

The only thing I can think of was when my wife and registering for wedding gifts we were at Linens & Things and I saw 99 cent bright green wine bottle stopper. I told my wife I was going to get it and she said okay and handed me something. Just out of habit I put in my pocket. Went back and paid for it the next day. The only other thing i can think before that was taking a roll of lifesavers when I was 5 from Target. I got yelled at by my mom the entire car ride home. Guess that's why I never did it since.

One night I woke up after a night of binge drinking with friends and there was a stroller, a patio umbrella and a large rubbermaid container on my balcony. Nobody could remember who brought those back, but I put the umbrella and rubbermaid container to use, the stroller went to good will.

I can't say we (my friends and I) acquired anything "silly", but I do remember a nice little sale we exploited.

The grocery store had a sale of Nestea powder packets for 40 cents or so and on the packet was a printed coupon for 50 cents off. So, we pooled together our money (we were 11 or 12, so 40 cents wasn't that easy to come by!)...and bought one packet and dumped the contents into a sandwich bag. Used the coupon to get a packet for free, rinse and repeat. The best part was when a cashier would give us change back from the coupon we used.

Ah, it's amazing how things like that were expontentially more awesome back then....than they would be if it happened now.

[quote name='Travis' timestamp='1354138153' post='563184']
[img]http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2008-03-22-bguard.jpg[/img]

Also, Beanie Babies.
[/quote]

We have a winner!

[quote name='Stuie' timestamp='1354142281' post='563206']
[quote name='Travis' timestamp='1354138153' post='563184']
[img]http://images.huffingtonpost.com/2008-03-22-bguard.jpg[/img]

Also, Beanie Babies.
[/quote]

We have a winner!
[/quote]

^^^^ this.

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1354139912' post='563197']
Street signs.......... I admit nothing.
[/quote]

Ahhh, street signs.

I still have a hurricane evacuation route sign stashed at my parents house.

Even though I an a grown ass man with a wife and a kid, I still want a 3 way sign and a speed hump sign.

I also was involved in the midnight procurement of some fire hydrants too.

[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1354222731' post='563319']
[/quote]

Ahhh, street signs.

Even though I an a grown ass man with a wife and a kid, I still want a 3 way sign and a speed hump sign.

I also was involved in the midnight procurement of some[b] fire hydrants[/b] too.
[/quote]

wait.....what? :blink:

[quote name='headhunter' timestamp='1354223537' post='563321']
[quote name='Skoozle' timestamp='1354222731' post='563319']
[/quote]

Ahhh, street signs.

I also was involved in the midnight procurement of some[b] fire hydrants[/b] too.
[/quote]

wait.....what? :blink:
[/quote]

Yeah, the city left some out in the open ready to install so...

It took me and a highschool lineman to barely get them in th e back of a truck. Those shits are heavy.

my cousin and i, at the young age of sometime through out elementary school, procured enough traffic cones to reroute traffic in his neighborhood and set up a road block in front of our lemonade stand, the lemonade was sold out of mcdonalds cups that we found in his basement.