Most Embarassing Or Biggest Fails When You Started Out

Hey all,

New to the forum, but not hookah. Since this guy is a new smoker, I wanted to know what we're the most embarrassing or biggest fails when you first started smoking?

Mine were in the 3kings coal era and I used to piggyback em from the top of bowl. I laugh whenI see that at lounges now. Edited by Chreees
Moved post to its own topic, doesn't belong in Intros on someone else's thread...

lets see...
i had a mitsuba two hosed junk chinese hookah, i washed non-washable hoses, i used all kinds of shitty qls, i used a screen, i smoked hookah hookah and liked it, i bought my stuff at an over-priced hookah lounge, i thought i knew more than i did

the smartest thing i did was join this great community, been here almost 5 yrs and still learning

I had a 2 hose hookah and made the mistake of taking it to a party. It was cold outside so the homeowner told us to smoke inside. One of my buddies pulled a hose too much and knocked the hookah over and burned the carpet in several places. The homeowner's brother came out and was PISSED! I ended up leaving the party with one less hookah.

Of course I went through the 3 King and HH phases, and the crappy chinese phase all at once because that was what was available to me from my local shop.

But, the most embarrassing thing is when I would take and set up the hookah at bars or friends houses, and forget the darn coals. Then the whole set up with all my efforts would just sit there and mock me.

Hmm..going back 8 years now but here is a few of my biggest fails...

1.) Kept smoking a bowl with friends even though we knew it tasted like burnt shit.

2.) Foil, shiney side up

3.) Used all types of QL's - biggest one here in the UK is now Mera coal.

4.) Milk in the base to get thicker clouds.

5.) Wasted loads of money in shitty cafe's for crappy shisha!

[quote name='joytron' timestamp='1348024833' post='556726'][quote name='Epoch' timestamp='1348024092' post='556725']
Didn't join Hookah Forum before starting.
[/quote][/quote]Yep... I was good to go once I came here and got good advice.

Ok... list is gonna be long by order of dumbness.

1) I was puzzled at wet tobacco and first thing tried to light it. As it was not possible, a friend was using 2 lighters on top of the bowl (no foil) while I suck from the hose. After that, let the lighters rest and get cold and change, I use the lighters and my friend smoke from it.

2) After seeing pictures on the internet I used QLs as everybody else, 2 of them on top of the bowl with maybe 10 holes on it, only in the middle.

3) No QL's available? No problem dude, use bbq quicklights. Tasted like zippo gas.

4) Washing a non washable hose and getting snacks out of it.

5) Keep smoking and smoking... even nothing left to smoke in the bowl.

6) Do not fluff the shisha. Just put a chunk as it comes from a 50g pack into the bowl.

7) Never clean the hookah stem.

8) Trying to plug a second hose in the purge valve. Really.

Hahahahah ok I have to admit, everything that you guys and posted .... I have done also :-/

I can't believe how easily impressed I was with the smoke a few years back.
I was thinking of some things last night when I had that cane mint going, and it occurred to me ... I never told my folks that I burned their hardwood floor with QL's .... So I call them and tell them to look in the office under the carpet right hand side. 😁

Now they are coming up to visit me this weekend to have a "talk" ..... Erm ... Uhh .. Ooppss??

Lets see where do I start.

1. At a lounge, my friend was cracking jokes and everyone was laughing so hard that i threw up/hawked a huge loogie onto the floor.
2. Not me but my friend, tipped over his hookah not knowing the base water got into his hose. He took a huge puff and swallowed the dirty base water that hasn't been cleaned in a week. Yup, he threw up all over the floor.
3. Burnt my apt carpet with my 3 kings coal
4. Shook the bowl to loosen the tobacco, I didn't hold the foil so the tobacco went flying everywhere

My biggest fail starting out was washing a unwashable hose, then bought a second unwashable hose not thinking the water was a problem and washed that one out as well. Huge fail on my part! haha

Had a friend from out of town come over, was really excited to show him what the hookah was. Loaded up one of my really nice Crown all glass rigs, coals, bowl, everything was good to go. Took a pull and realized there was no water in the vase.

[quote name='Santino' timestamp='1348102474' post='556800']
Had a friend from out of town come over, was really excited to show him what the hookah was. Loaded up one of my really nice Crown all glass rigs, coals, bowl, everything was good to go. Took a pull and realized there was no water in the vase.
[/quote]

HAHAHAH Did that once too!!!!

[quote name='Chreees' timestamp='1348102803' post='556802']
Yep, I've forgotten water in the vase... twice. :(
[/quote]

Same. :( And it didn't even taste harsh somehow. All that ever told me that I had forgot to put water was the missing rumbling noise. Apart from that. Let's see.
[list]
[*]Using 1 quicklite smack in the middle of the bowl while smoking from a pumpkin and thinking that I am a boss.
[*]Getting a two hose pumpkin to get to the next level.
[*]Using milk/beer/vodka/juice/soda in the vase and boasting about my *creativity*.
[*]Burning down a friend's apartment from quicklites (for real).
[*]Still have 2 holes in my mattresses that remind me of my starting days.
[/list]
And I am sure there are a few more that I can't remember at the moment.

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1348103902' post='556805']
[/quote]

Same. :( And it didn't even taste harsh somehow. All that ever told me that I had forgot to put water was the missing rumbling noise. Apart from that. Let's see.[list]
[*]Using 1 quicklite smack in the middle of the bowl while smoking from a pumpkin and thinking that I am a boss.
[*]Using milk/beer/vodka/juice/soda in the vase and boasting about my *creativity*.
[*][b]Burning down a friend's apartment from quicklites (for real).[/b]
[/list]
[/quote]
That sounds like a good story

as for me...
-scrubbing out a non washable hose
-milk in the base
-cutting three lines in the foil instead of holes
-attempting to drive home while smoking a top heavy hookah and needing to hold it with one hand while driving
-Smoking in my friends closet at 2 am, her dog freaks out and knocks over the hookah, set off smoke alarm, her dad wakes up and wasnt too happy.

When i first started i used to use a screen instead of foil. so i was setting up and my wife called me into the other room to do soemthing. I placed the screen on the empty bowl and went out. Came back, grabbed the hookah and the lit coals and headed to the living room to spoke. Put the coals on the screen and was wondering why i was getting no flavour or smoke. Removed the coals, lifted the screen, no tobacco. :facepalm:

[quote name='vendetta_revived' timestamp='1348103902' post='556805']
[/quote]

Same. :( And it didn't even taste harsh somehow. All that ever told me that I had forgot to put water was the missing rumbling noise. Apart from that. Let's see.[list]
[*][color=#ff0000][b]Burning down a friend's apartment from quicklites (for real).[/b][/color]
[/list]
[/quote]

There's a story I think we are all anxious to hear!

This just in: my grandma wants me to pick out a hookah for her birthday next week. She is 89. She loves orange-mint. I have the best grandma ever.
  • Upvote 1