Most Embarassing Or Biggest Fails When You Started Out

I had a Mya QT that I would put ice in with the water and then use hot water to clean it out... Of course a crack formed over time.

After that experience, I have ALWAYS used just luke warm water (I turn both handles all the way on).

• 4 weeks later...
Starting smoking in 2001 at my barbers apartment. It was a 4 hose rotator with 4 of us "toking" at the same time. I decided to go to the fridge to get some grub and I dragged the hookah right off the table. :s

For anyone who had the burn carpet/floor thing happen... its not really a noob thing at all, Ive been smoking for years now, sometimes the coal is shitty or it just burns off into a weird shape and it drops off the bowl, Ive had situations where it then proceeded to bounce awkwardly off the tray to the ground and caused all kinds of fun!

Sadly my dumbest noob thing that I just remembered as I typed that out was carrying a (not even properly fully lit cause we were idiot teenagers) QL from the balcony to the living room by holding it with the crappy free tongs you get with cheap chinese pipes... that didnt go well.

I took a wire screen and made it into a cylinder with some rivets. Works just like a wind cover as far as catching coals, but doesn't provide any additional heat. I never smoke without it. 

For anyone who had the burn carpet/floor thing happen... its not really a noob thing at all, Ive been smoking for years now, sometimes the coal is shitty or it just burns off into a weird shape and it drops off the bowl, Ive had situations where it then proceeded to bounce awkwardly off the tray to the ground and caused all kinds of fun!

Sadly my dumbest noob thing that I just remembered as I typed that out was carrying a (not even properly fully lit cause we were idiot teenagers) QL from the balcony to the living room by holding it with the crappy free tongs you get with cheap chinese pipes... that didnt go well.

I agree, sometimes shit just happens. Either way, some sharp scissors can hide holes in carpets real quick.

I cringed thinking about those ql's crumbling hot ash down onto your feet as you walked, then you freaking out and it just blasting apart as you squeezed harder. 

when i first got coconut coals i had no idea you had to light them with a stove.. me and my friends would hold 2-3 lighters up to it tip it lit up ... burned your fingers pretty bad LOL

The rigs me and my friends set up to light naturals... its ridiculous what you come up with... at some point a friend of mine stole lab equipment at university so we could use a bunsen burner and one of those lab stands and ceramic net things to light coals on... shit, good times :D