Please Take A Sec To Answer My Polls Concerning Hookah Smokers.

Hookah Demographics  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regularly use any other tobacco products besides shisha? Please specify if not listed.

• Yes, I smoke cigarettes.
    • Yes, I smoke cigars.
    • Yes, I use smokeless tobacco.
    • Yes, I do all of the above.
    • No, I only smoke shisha.
  2. 2. What is your gender?

• Male
    • Female
  3. 3. What age group do you fit in?

• 18-22
    • 23-27
    • 28-32
    • 33-37
    • 38-42
    • 43-47
    • 48+

as i am at my college i havent been able to smoke a hookah in a while
looking to buy a new one though

anyways, i answered the second and third question, but not the first, because i used to smoke cigarettes along with hookah, but i stopped smoking cigs

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TizaNabi @ Feb 3 2009, 02:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Why not add a more questions to your poll? It was fast and easy, quicker also than writing a post!Nice idea-you ARE over 18,right?

Not sure who the question was directed at, but if it was myself - then yep, I recently turned 20 about 3 weeks ago. As far as more questions I've got a lot of work to do still, I got the assignment about a week ago and I have a little over a month left to complete it. I was just getting basics knocked out for now.

I smoke shisha and that is it. I absolutely HATE ciggs. I used to smoke a cigar about 3-4 times a year on special occasions, but I don't even like that anymore. I was introduced to hookah about 2-3 years ago and only smoked about 8-10 times before quitting because of various reasons. I was introduced back in Nov. of 08 when my roommate brought his to the dorms. I now usually smoke with him about 1 maybe 2 times a week.

I am planning on ordering a KM here in a couple days as soon as I hear from John and can convince myself I can afford it. After that, I will probably up it to a good 2 maybe 3 times a week. The main reason I am not smoking as much as the rest of the people on here is because I have high blood pressure and am on Lisinopril and smoking is a big no no, so I have to take it easy. Yes, I am a 23 (well, in 20 days) year old with high blood pressure and the docs can't figure out why. I also don't really have the time to smoke more than that with 18 hours in college and a part time job.

My sessions usualy don't last very long right now because we have to go to the smoking lounge because it is sooo f-ing cold outside and I really hate ciggs and cannot put up with the smell for very long. Usually if there is only like 2-4 people in the lounge smoking ciggs, the hookah will defeat the cigg stink, but then once more people come in and smoke ciggs, I can't stand it anymore. I also can't stand how my clothes smell after being in there for too long. The room does good ventalation (sp), but ciggs just stink so bad. We usually pack about 20-30 grams in a bowl depending on who packs it and we usually still have some juicy left in the bottom after 3 people smoking it. We usually put like one 3kings QL coal on and smoke until the coal is out. I know this is not the proper way to smoke, but it is my roommates hookah and that is how he likes to do it.

• 2 weeks later...
23-27, M, smoke cigarettes socially but less than a pack every 2 months.

Smoked hookah the first time about 4-5 years ago, started smoking more often while living in the Middle East about 3 years ago, have been doing it more 'seriously' for about 6mo-1year now (which means for me about 3-4 times a week)

Hope it helps

I smoke 2-3 bowls 1-3 times per month currently. During the summer/out of sport seasons this goes up to 2-14 bowls per week. I have been smoking hookah for about a year after being introduced to it by a slightly older friend. I have since surpassed him in all things hookah =P

• 1 month later...
i agree about the demographic on this forum. or any forum as far as ages go. i didn't read all the responses, but maybe one of the moderators could provide some age statistics of HF members? i'm no statistician, but maybe there's a way to correlate data groups if the poll is 50% 18-30, 40% 30-40, 10% 40+ and the percentages of registered members fall into or out of the same age groups. not sure if that made sense.

Not followin you very well LJ... if you answer the poll though you can view the results as a collective whole.. 71.81% being 18-22 .. etc. I polled my local lounges a few times too.. I actually present all this tomorrow. (It's been a long time coming)

I've been smoking regularly for only a few months, but I'm been smoking hookah for about 1.5 years at a few friends' houses (who only smoke starbuzz....yuck!). I smoke from 1-3 bowls per day, about 45 mins each time. Shared between 2-5 people, but occasionally just me (extra small bowls for these sessions).

18, college student.