Please Take A Sec To Answer My Polls Concerning Hookah Smokers.

Hookah Demographics  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Do you regularly use any other tobacco products besides shisha? Please specify if not listed.

• Yes, I smoke cigarettes.
    • Yes, I smoke cigars.
    • Yes, I use smokeless tobacco.
    • Yes, I do all of the above.
    • No, I only smoke shisha.
  2. 2. What is your gender?

• Male
    • Female
  3. 3. What age group do you fit in?

• 18-22
    • 23-27
    • 28-32
    • 33-37
    • 38-42
    • 43-47
    • 48+

Alright, I have to do a 10-15 minute presentation about any sub culture or counter culture I want to pick. Naturally I picked hookah smokers.

This poll will be up for 3-6 weeks and will aid me in gathering valuable information for my presentation.

Feel free to post a comment about your tobacco usage, such as how many days per week you smoke, what other tobacco products you use, how often you use those, how long you have been smoking, where you initially got into hookah, or your location.. etc

Thanks for your participation everyone.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been smoking for a little over a year, I smoke on average 4-5 times a week. I've never smoked a cigarette, cigar, pipe, etc., etc. only shisha. I learned of hookah from a friend, he asked if I wanted to try it and after 1 bowl I was hooked (not addicted), and I live in Colorado.

Hope all that helps.

i have been smoking for ab out 2 weeks, i promised myself i would only smoke once per day max..but last night i found myself smoking 4 times in one day..its very addicting..but i think reason for that is because to me its very relaxing..my brother is the one that got me interested in them he has been smoking for a little over a year now..

I have been smoking for about 2-3 years and I smoke cigars on occasion (about 8-10 times a year).

Been smoking about a year and a half now, brother got me into it when he bought a hookah.

I smoke about 4-7 cigarettes a day as well, depending on how many classes I have that day and how bored I get. Usually smoke about 4-5 bowls of shisha per week, always with 2-5 friends. For me it's more of a social thing than anything else. Yes it does relax me, but if I really need to relax I can smoke a good ole Marlboro 27.

Good luck man, hope everything goes well.

I've been smoking cigars for 5 years now, cig's and shisha for 4, I bought my first hookah 3 1/2 years ago as well. My cig and cigar usage is minimal, i'll smoke a cigar when playing golf and cig's when I'm out at bars or clubs. My main usage is shisha and I smoke approx. 7-10 bowls a week right.

I smoked cigarettes for about a year - 1 pack to less than a pack per week. Now I only have a few cigs at parties less than once a month. Smoked hookah since about 3 months ago and still do - maybe 5-6 bowls a week.
I'm female age 18-24
hope it helps and good luck

I used to be a social smoker, when drinking but I've cut that out for the most part and I will sometimes have a cigar depending on the occasion. I mainly smoke hookah and I've been doing it on my own for almost 2 years but I started going to the lounges about 4 years ago. Hookah is far more relaxing and I don't mind doing it with friends but I also enjoy it alone with a movie or reading. I usually smoke 1/3 bowls a week depending on how I feel and the weather since I live at home my parents aren't thrilled about me smoking in their house when no one else does.

smoked cigarettes for a few years 18-20? started smoking at about 19. i'm 22 now and smoke my hookah usually once a day usually several times.

i occasionally smoke cigarettes now, i pretty much quit cold turkey a few years ago and now that i know i can do that it easier to smoke them now and not keep wanting them.

my hookah "addiction" is not a physical addiction like cigarettes was. I like to smoke my hookah. its like when you go home and watch TV, it's just something you do, you dont get withdrawals when you dont watch tv but its something you like to do!

I smoke hookahs and pipes, occasionally cigarillos, rarely cigars. So, um... what's the dealio with the few poll choices? smile.gif

Got into hookah smoking in 2005 in Moscow, Russia when it was all the rage. After about a year I had to quit because of throat problems (I guess it was acclimatization after living 4 years in Canada + bad tobacco burn control). After 2 years I'm back in action. Now I smoke a bowl a day or every two days. Sometimes a week without smoking, depends on my mood and training regime. Can't really run well if I smoke, it kinda does clog up the lungs. Edited by MeHT

QUOTE (Tati @ Feb 1 2009, 07:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Theres 6 girls????
Anyways, Ive been smoking for about 3 years now, first time was at a hookah lounge.

I'd agree with GNU on this one, it's just because it is the internet. This isn't my only method of research however.. smile.gif

Well, I have been smoking hookah for a few months now, My girlfriend introduced me to it.
I usually on average smoke 1-3 bowls a day, and i don't really have any health problems. =]
I don't smoke ciggs or anything but shisha.