Hookah Vs Vaping

Hookah vs Vaping  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you fall in the evolution of smoke?

• Progressive: I am or will eventually go full vape...it's the FUTURE!
    • Pragmatist: I will use both in some capacity.
    • Purist: Hookah only. I will grind mint leaves and mix it with glycerin if I have to!

Fuckin nargile all the way. Vaping aka e-cigs is fine for cig smokers who need a nicotine fix without the dangers of burning tobacco. Or even those of us who might like a bit of a nicotine hit on occasion (I fall into that category - if a friend is using an e-cig I may or may not ask if I can take a hit, but never more than one)

I'm not addicted to nicotine, at least not seriously. I nargle 2-3 times a week maximum, more often 1-2 times a week on average, for typically one round of coals. I like the ritual, etc of the nargile, and smoking too often detracts from the specialness of it. So yes, your e cig may get you gigantic fucking clouds whenever you want, indoors in a public space and all, but it ceases to something significant, because most vapers I know are constantly hitting their ecig.

Bottom line, I'm not opposed, and they have their purpose, but it's not for me.

/rant

personally i liked both, Vaping seems a little complicated with all the builds, wiring , wicks , battery and etc etc however vaping is pretty cool if your on the go and cant set up a hookah. Personally i would rather smoke some hookah then vape but thats just me 

Both. I just recently got into vaping and I simply use it as an alternative to hookah, when I'm out and about, or in the morning/evening when I just don't feel like going through the whole process of setting up a hookah. If you know what you're doing, it's very easy to get vapor similar to hookah out of a vaping device. I get all my juices mixed 80%VG/20%PG with 6mg nicotine and it's perfect. Not to mention most flavors are SPOT ON, usually more so than hookah, believe it or not. I'm smoking Mount Baker Vapor's Blueberry right now and it tastes just like a fresh blueberry, not some simulated, artificial blueberry flavor.

I still smoke hookah on the weekends when I have more time, though!

Oh, and did I mention I can vape at work? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I simply use it as an alternative to hookah, when I'm out and about, or in the morning/evening when I just don't feel like going through the whole process of setting up a hookah. 

Most of the time when I can't be bothered to set one up, I don't really want it anyway, and that includes in the morning! Seriously, it's about more than just the actual hit to me.

I simply use it as an alternative to hookah, when I'm out and about, or in the morning/evening when I just don't feel like going through the whole process of setting up a hookah. 

Most of the time when I can't be bothered to set one up, I don't really want it anyway, and that includes in the morning! Seriously, it's about more than just the actual hit to me.

Oh I totally understand that. To me, hookah is a ritual- I take my time setting them up, packing each bowl with care, being sure the coals are just right, etc. It's an art. Vaping is just for when I don't necessarily feel like being so... artistic? :P

Here's a way you may understand it better... It's kinda like wet shaving. There are two ways to achieve it- shaving with a straight razor, or shaving with a double-edge razor. One is quicker/easier than the other, but you still enjoy shaving with the straight. Granted I don't own any DEs and shave all the time with straights, I feel that this is a good example.

I can't set up a hookah at work. But a vape is no issue- I just grab my battery off of the charger in the morning, screw a tank on, and head out the door. I can vape in the car, vape at work, vape at restaurants (I tend not to, as it gets looks). Vaping to non-cigarette smokers (hookah smokers) is all about convenience. Vaping to cigarette smokers is all about eliminating the dangers of analog cigs. For me personally, it is just a quick way to enjoy the similar effects (not exactly the same) of hookah. 

I'm a both type of guy as well. I love to take the time setting up my hookah and going through the afore mentioned ritualistic process. However I also vape if I can't take a hookah where ever I'm going. It's easy to just grab and go and I can still get good flavor and good smoke. I also use it to perfect tricks or attempt new ones

Well that's the difference - to me the argile is more about relaxing, usually with friends - it's a sign to me that for at least an hour so, I don't have anything to worry about, and enjoying that free time. A quick hit and run doesn't take that into account, which is why, as someone who isn't really addicted to the nicotine, they don't have much appeal to me.

I smoke hookah every day of the week when I'm at home. If i'm travelling I usually just go without it until I'm home, since it is such a hassle to track down a place or bring the stuff I need with me. That's what got me interested in vaping initially: a nice easy solution to road trips, camping, at the office, etc for when I want to smoke. I don't care about the nicotine one way or the other, and all my vape flavors are nicotine free. For me, I enjoy the act of smoking, seeing the clouds, tasting the flavors. I think it's really just a natural progression from my candy addiction as a kid. This is a smoke treat for me. 

So, at home, it will probably always be hookah, because I enjoy the look of them, the process of setting them up, the results, and the social aspect of it. But when I want to treat myself outside of the house? Nothing wrong with vaping. I feel like I have come to the point in hookahs that there isn't much that feels new to me, and vaping is a wide open thing for me to learn more about, so my interest in vaping has ramped up a lot recently.

Both. I just recently got into vaping and I simply use it as an alternative to hookah, when I'm out and about, or in the morning/evening when I just don't feel like going through the whole process of setting up a hookah. If you know what you're doing, it's very easy to get vapor similar to hookah out of a vaping device. I get all my juices mixed 80%VG/20%PG with 6mg nicotine and it's perfect. Not to mention most flavors are SPOT ON, usually more so than hookah, believe it or not. I'm smoking Mount Baker Vapor's Blueberry right now and it tastes just like a fresh blueberry, not some simulated, artificial blueberry flavor.

Chris, what's your setup?

I use them both, Hookah at home to relax in the evening, and vaping when I am at school/ driving to keep the craving for a cigarette down, even though I haven't had one in over a year and I vape at 0 nicotine, it still helps. 

Well right now an iTaste V3, but have an MVP 2 on the way, which will essentially be the same just bigger battery lol. I've learned it's all about the ratio in the liquid that makes it whether you hate or love it, not necessarily the device. Oh, and should also mention I'm using disposable CE4 clearomizers, but have three Kangers on the way- Protank 2, T3S, and EVOD. My wife has the T3S on her Kanger EVOD battery and the airflow on it is waaaay better than my CE4s, for comparison's sake.

Well right now an iTaste V3, but have an MVP 2 on the way, which will essentially be the same just bigger battery lol. I've learned it's all about the ratio in the liquid that makes it whether you hate or love it, not necessarily the device. Oh, and should also mention I'm using disposable CE4 clearomizers, but have three Kangers on the way- Protank 2, T3S, and EVOD. My wife has the T3S on her Kanger EVOD battery and the airflow on it is waaaay better than my CE4s, for comparison's sake.

Hmm. I didn't like mine because I has used niquid. My local smoke shop called alt smoke carried it. I think I also disliked the fact it felt like smoking a cigarette. I think I may just wait for a less restricted draw mod or tank.

Niquid? Never heard of it. Did you try different ratios of liquid? 50/50 is what most shops have and I don't like it. Too much throat hit. If you haven't, try the 80% VG and see if you still feel the same. I don't recommend 100% VG base because it's just way too thick and can clog up your atomizer. The liquid I have simulated hookah pretty well, IMO. As for draw, what type of atomizer/clearomizer were you using before?

If I didn't have snus I'd vape and smoke hookah. But because I have snus I will prob stick with hookah and snus.

I voted both though bc without snus I'd do both.

Vaping is healthier than hookah IMHO. But I think snus (sweedish snus) is the safest out of all 3 personally.

Niquid? Never heard of it. Did you try different ratios of liquid? 50/50 is what most shops have and I don't like it. Too much throat hit. If you haven't, try the 80% VG and see if you still feel the same. I don't recommend 100% VG base because it's just way too thick and can clog up your atomizer. The liquid I have simulated hookah pretty well, IMO. As for draw, what type of atomizer/clearomizer were you using before?

It may have been 50/50. I'm unsure, but it was tons of throat hit which made it so in enjoyable for me. I was using a Iclear 30s. It was like sucking through a straw.

Dude, I highly suggest you try it again, but with a Kanger tank and some 80% VG liquid with 6mg or 0 nicotine. I get little to no throat hit with mine (really only get a tiny throat hit when I take a really long draw, but I suspect that's mainly due from the coil heating up so much). Anyway, it's like portable hookah!

Dude, I highly suggest you try it again, but with a Kanger tank and some 80% VG liquid with 6mg or 0 nicotine. I get little to no throat hit with mine (really only get a tiny throat hit when I take a really long draw, but I suspect that's mainly due from the coil heating up so much). Anyway, it's like portable hookah!

Does the kanger tank have a more hookah like pull then? The MVP 2.0 and tanks I used didn't create enough vapor and when it did it taste burnt. I'll definitely have to try MBV juice if I do though. I don't like the idea of having to replace coils though.

I've got a Kanger evod tank, and it has a pretty good pull, not as unrestricted as hookah, but I manage to get thunder clouds a lot of the time. I use 100% vg liquid. The Evod is super easy to work with, can't speak for their other tanks, but with the evod the replacement head was as easy as pie. Just pop the head out of the tank, and slip a new one in. and new ones come in a little pack of 5 or so. and pop out like a piece of gum does in a gum packet.

Yeah, the Kanger tanks are more open draw. Not as open as hookah, but not exactly like sucking on a straw. The cheap disposable CE4 clearomizers I'm using right now until my MVP and Kanger Protank 2 come in are like sucking through a tiny coffee stirrer straw almost. Luckily my buddy just let me borrow his Kanger T3S clearomizer until my stuff comes in, but I'm still using the CE4s so I can try more of my Mount Baker Vapor flavors. I won't bother refilling any of these after one tank of liquid has been used in them. The draw sucks that bad. Or rather, it doesn't. :lol:

Anyway, replacing coils is easy as a fat kid eating pie- Just as Alex said, it's a simple replacement. However, to save myself money, I will be rebuilding my coils when they go out, which is only about every 2 to 4 weeks, depending on how much you use them. I purchased 100 feet spool of kanthal 28g wire off of eBay for $8 and will be following this guy's tutorial for replacing Kanger coils: http://www.vapecore.com/2014/01/art-micro-coil-beginners-guide-coiling-rba/

Honestly, Cody, what I would do is just place two orders: One from FastTech.com for your new vaping device and a good Kanger tank, then another order for your liquid from MtBakerVapor.com. Get all the flavors in 80%VG/20%PG with 6mg nicotine and 1 extra flavor shot. Be sure to get Hawk Sauce. I haven't tried it yet but it smells fucking amazing. It's one of their flavors that gets talked about so much on the vape forums that they often run out of it on the site. Anyway, the FastTech order will take a while to get to you, but for the price you will pay, you won't be out much money if you don't like it, then you could probably get all your money back if you were to resell it, since you paid such a low price for it (i.e I paid $45 shipped for my MVP 2, and $15 shipped for my Kanger Protank 2, which usually retail for ~$60 and ~$25, respectively). That leaves you just out on the juice, unless you find someone who will buy that as well (I'm not too savvy on e-liquid's resale value).

Yeah, the Kanger tanks are more open draw. Not as open as hookah, but not exactly like sucking on a straw. The cheap disposable CE4 clearomizers I'm using right now until my MVP and Kanger Protank 2 come in are like sucking through a tiny coffee stirrer straw almost. Luckily my buddy just let me borrow his Kanger T3S clearomizer until my stuff comes in, but I'm still using the CE4s so I can try more of my Mount Baker Vapor flavors. I won't bother refilling any of these after one tank of liquid has been used in them. The draw sucks that bad. Or rather, it doesn't. :lol:

Anyway, replacing coils is easy as a fat kid eating pie- Just as Alex said, it's a simple replacement. However, to save myself money, I will be rebuilding my coils when they go out, which is only about every 2 to 4 weeks, depending on how much you use them. I purchased 100 feet spool of kanthal 28g wire off of eBay for $8 and will be following this guy's tutorial for replacing Kanger coils: http://www.vapecore.com/2014/01/art-micro-coil-beginners-guide-coiling-rba/

Honestly, Cody, what I would do is just place two orders: One from FastTech.com for your new vaping device and a good Kanger tank, then another order for your liquid from MtBakerVapor.com. Get all the flavors in 80%VG/20%PG with 6mg nicotine and 1 extra flavor shot. Be sure to get Hawk Sauce. I haven't tried it yet but it smells fucking amazing. It's one of their flavors that gets talked about so much on the vape forums that they often run out of it on the site. Anyway, the FastTech order will take a while to get to you, but for the price you will pay, you won't be out much money if you don't like it, then you could probably get all your money back if you were to resell it, since you paid such a low price for it (i.e I paid $45 shipped for my MVP 2, and $15 shipped for my Kanger Protank 2, which usually retail for ~$60 and ~$25, respectively). That leaves you just out on the juice, unless you find someone who will buy that as well (I'm not too savvy on e-liquid's resale value).

I bought my MVP 2.0 from a US site actually when I had 2 and sold them to a friend of mine. Maybe should have kept one. I kind of want a mech mod though or a ego if I get another one. I see people busing ego's getting good results.