Not Again! Elder Chris's Turkish Sneak Peak

No, it's the same as the Elmas 618 - the 639 is a taller version, with an added component at the bottom before the tuğra.  Not sure if I like the light blue or the purplish one more - which is why I'm getting both  :D

I mean, there are engravings and detail on the tokel that the elmas objectively lacks - I think the shape is a bit more elegant too, but that's subjective of course

I mean, there are engravings and detail on the tokel that the elmas objectively lacks - I think the shape is a bit more elegant too, but that's subjective of course

I agree. I think I would have kept the 618 had it been the Tokel version.

Got a pic of the vase you're going to order from NS?

Man, you're about to have some BANGIN' setups, dude. I'm jealous. :)

I feel like most Turkish brands we have seen, have quality engravings on majority of their pipes. Elmas seems to have decent etchings on their smaller stuff then AMAZING engravings on their bigger stuff. The kafesli and canary utilize amazing engravings, they are perfect, deep, but not so deep that it looks "nontraditional" or "machined" if you will. The smaller 618 I had was nice for the most part, etchings on the tray rest and middle of the shank were good, but the etchings on the heart were ... meh. my 639 and 622 is good for the most part, but after seeing and owning their bigger rigs, their bigger pipes have amazing etchings where as their smaller stuff is just good but not the best. I have seen a bunch of diff Turk brands that have cleaner etchings with the 618 and other similar smaller models. But I would say their bigger pipes are just as good if not the best out of everything that I have personally seen so far, which of course is subjective. I have yet to see other brands make engravings that are as clean as Elmas that don't have that machined look to them, but that's just me.

I agree. I think I would have kept the 618 had it been the Tokel version.

Got a pic of the vase you're going to order from NS?

Man, you're about to have some BANGIN' setups, dude. I'm jealous. :)

NS-642.jpg​

Not sure the color yet though

Dammit Bammer, you just haaaad to tell everyone about this and how good the guy's service is. And it just HAD to look better than the Elmas version and be so damn irresistible. Now I'm out more money and have a NINTH pipe coming on the way. This is getting out of hand. :D I present the Tokel TuÄralı model that I just paid for: Getting just the stem and those two vases (one will go on my Elmas 639). I'll be buying the other accessories from NargileStore soon as the Elmas stuff is better on that regard. I think the TuÄralı looks better on the purplish vase, but here's a pic of it on the aqua colored one: I guess I'll play around when it comes. All in, this was $155 shipped (stem and one vase was $105). I think I got a bit of a discount for speaking to the seller in Turkish. By the way, he is VERY responsive, quick turnaround time, and he speaks English too, according to Junior Chris. PS, in the email he said the vases are cut with lasers. I hope it went something like this: ââ¬â¹ This

1. Quote fail.

2. I am helping better the hookah community by helping to get nice Turkish stuff to the States for decent prices. You may thank me by sending monies to me that you would have otherwise given to a greedy US online vendor. :P

• Upvote 2

1. Quote fail.

2. I am helping better the hookah community by helping to get nice Turkish stuff to the States for decent prices. You may thank me by sending monies to me that you would have otherwise given to a greedy US online vendor. :P

heres to you good sir!  :drinks:  :hi:

Have not posted in months, and this is what I come back to? Someone take my money now..

Welp, I was gonna hold off on getting that red turkish laser cut vase, but the guy sent me an invoice and my gf paid the invoice without letting me know because she thought I wanted to go ahead and order it, looks like I will have 3 turk laser cut crystal vases now :-) I am pretty stoked because that red is killer.

Haha you guys are all welcome. I sent him a link to a pic of a 618 asking if he had that model and he said he did. Two minutes later these were listed on eBay. So you're all welcome :)

He can get anything from Tokel Nargile's website and sell it on his eBay store, as he's in Istanbul near Tokel's shop. It seems he lists the models folks email him and express interest in (i.e. he didn't list the animal figure models until I asked about the Canary model).

Haha you guys are all welcome. I sent him a link to a pic of a 618 asking if he had that model and he said he did. Two minutes later these were listed on eBay. So you're all welcome :)

He can get anything from Tokel Nargile's website and sell it on his eBay store, as he's in Istanbul near Tokel's shop. It seems he lists the models folks email him and express interest in (i.e. he didn't list the animal figure models until I asked about the Canary model).

What's their web address?

http://tokelnargile.com

http://tokelnargile.com

Yep, that's it. Don't bother Google Translating the page, as it makes half the items disappear on most pages. Instead do two tabs- one with it translated and one in Turkish. Then you can see the translated categories and whatnot, but navigate on the original page so you see everything.

I put all the info on how to tell him what you want here: http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/49800-tokel-turkish-hookahs-excellent-alternative-to-elmas/?p=570971

He charges you less if you ask for an invoice through MF BC its not on eBay so no eBay fees. He charged me 60 shipped for the vase.

Yeah, this is why I didn't purchase mine through eBay as well. I originally asked him if he could post a "Buy It Now" listing on eBay for the Canary shank (thought it'd add an extra layer of protection), but he told me it'd cost less if he just sent me the invoice through MF. Rolled the dice and won, IMO.

He charges you less if you ask for an invoice through MF BC its not on eBay so no eBay fees. He charged me 60 shipped for the vase.

Yeah, this is why I didn't purchase mine through eBay as well. I originally asked him if he could post a "Buy It Now" listing on eBay for the Canary shank (thought it'd add an extra layer of protection), but he told me it'd cost less if he just sent me the invoice through MF. Rolled the dice and won, IMO.

Well MF offers the same protection eBay does.