Not Again! Elder Chris's Turkish Sneak Peak

dude EVERY turkish pipe I've come across has that tray rest lean, I dunno what the deal is.

And yeah, it does seem like a quality pipe, EXCEPT FOR THE FUCKING ANGLE OF THE HOSE PORT, look how steep it is! the hose knocks the tray!

I swear, if it's not one thing, it's the other...

lol chreees...

if you look at John's pics of his elmas collection the pieces of his 639 and 618 seem to be made of the same size parts. unlike the tokel version which is just a hare smaller, not that thats a big deal, just an observation.

And Hass the "diffuser cone" on the end of the downstem was not bent , the solder would have snapped and it would come off before bending like that. So it was soldered on crooked.

yeah Hass that stem port is a little to strait up. and the tray lean is pretty bad, I have had 4 639 (sold 3) and my 628 and none of them had that much lean.

My 639, 636, and 610 do not have a lean on the tray rest, my 624,622, and 628 do have a slight lean. A tiny bit of turkish/athletic tape on the bottom of the tray fixes it perfectly though and you would never know there is a lean. I look at those things as not a big deal. If it leans enough to be annoying tape it, otherwise, enjoy it :-)

Amazing. The response I got back basically says:

"this sometimes happen to customers who don't take a shipping insurance. Our general procedure in such cases is not to refund items for damages from shipping. But putting the procedure aside, frankly, the cost of this vase to us including shipping is 55 dollars and we sell it for 65 dollars. i'm not asking you for any profits in fact we are willing to make a loss of 20 dollars so how about you make a payment of 35 dollars and i send you a new vase. i am sorry to hear about your broken vase and wish you a good day"

1. i reviewed our correspondence, and I was never offered insurance. 2. it was packaged VERY BADLY, as you've seen, which means it is entirely HIS fault that it broke, and im surprised the purple one did NOT break.

I am VERY pissed off about this, if you can't tell....

Oh yes, I just got my Turkish friend to write a very stern email for me saying this was HIS fault and its his responsibility to replace it at his expense. If he doesn't accept I'm gonna take it to MF dispute center

Hass that is the best thing to do, PayPal dispute is ur best bet if he won't corporate. You would just thing that they would understand and send u another for shipping it like idiots.

That sucks dude! I hate that. It's why I was a bit weary from ordering from him outside eBay. It's amazing he has a good seller rating with his packaging.

I was looking at my tray... not sure what it's made out of but it does remind me of something.... those old disposable ashtrays from the 90s

ashtray_gold_blank_large.jpg

Hooray! 

He made some big thing about insurance being optional and bla bla, but then said "this time I'll send you a replacement free of charge, but generally the procedure this isn't done."

VICTORY