How Did You Get Your Username?

Soup

LOL!! Its cool. I posted previously on here about this but this nickname I got from a song, also my real name is Ashley, so it works.

I have several other nicknames given to me throughout high school which I will not mention but they were pretty bad.

Sophomore year of high school I was in my first period webdesign class photoshopping like a mad man. I have been using Photoshop since I was 10. A few of my friends were having trouble doing something for a project. They asked for my help as they always did, and I came over and hit a few hotkeys and boom! What took them 20mins to try to figure out took me about 2 seconds. They asked me how I did it, and I simply replied: "BECAUSE I'M A WIZARD BITCH!".

Then in my senior year I grew a large facination around the cold war, Soviet union, and all things Russian. It all started when a friend of mine bought a shitload of soviet era military clothing, buttons and even a giant ass soviet flag. He would walk around town in a KGB BDU and play soviet era tunes. He got me hooked in the badassery of spetznaz, Stalin and Soviet Union culture tongue.gif

And thats how I became the Russian Wizard. Edited by russianwizard

My last name is Cicalese, so when I was a kid my friend mike decided I was going to be called Chicklets from now on. It phased out for a while but once I got to high school it stuck. Been Joe Chicklets ever since.

EDIT: I forgot, at a party I had last weekend I was also dubbed Pussy Monster. bwhahah Edited by Joe Chicklets

Played a pimp game called Bordello Battles (no longer an active game) and my name was OhBabyYeah for a couple rounds. I just decided to shorten it up a little and now it's OBY.

Real life nickname would be Bave, friend just came up with it. My name is Dave so it is similar.

• 8 months later...
I haven't seen a topic like this. If I have, it was forever ago.
Now, I was wondering where you guys got your username from.
For me, my dad was going to name me Rhineholt. Kind of mad he didn't.
How about you guys?

this has been my tag name for just about everything i do/play since i started gaming back in the days of dial up internet gaming.
i honestly am not creative enough to think of anything different.

I just use my real name.

I dont recommend everyone use there real name but if someone wants to try to stalk me good luck to em lol.

[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/uploads/1235698263/med_gallery_5108_87_28516.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Charley' date='11 April 2010 - 07:32 PM' timestamp='1271032374' post='463117']
I just use my real name.

I dont recommend everyone use there real name but if someone wants to try to stalk me good luck to em lol.

[img]http://www.hookahforum.com/uploads/1235698263/med_gallery_5108_87_28516.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

Hahah... that's really creepy.

Here's a bunch of folks you have never heard of talking about this. :)

A little history lesson for ya all. :Hookah:

http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/2137-how-did-you-get-you-nickname/page__hl__nickname

[quote name='mushrat' date='11 April 2010 - 10:27 PM' timestamp='1271042842' post='463151']
Here's a bunch of folks you have never heard of talking about this. :)

A little history lesson for ya all. :Hookah:

[url="http://www.hookahforum.com/topic/2137-how-did-you-get-you-nickname/page__hl__nickname"]http://www.hookahfor...e__hl__nickname[/url]
[/quote]

me=pwnd
i just... didn't want to revive a zombie thread.... right!?

The first aircraft I worked on, which also happened to be my favorite, was the F-16 Falcon. Fighter planes are warbirds. I've had this handle pretty much since I started using the interwebs.

i just got really into online gaming (Diablo 2) and needed a cool name...being as uncreative as i am, i just popped open the dictionary and looked for something cool....eventually got to arcane.

i wonder what i would've picked if i had started at Z....

I'm a bellydancer and my initials are AKN... therefore bellydancerakn.

Real simple!

But my nickname is Dragon (Actually Sleeping Dragoness, but it has been shortened). However dragon is so passe` as a forum nickname. But it's funny in real life when my friends yell Hey Yo dragon!!! The looks on my cutomer's face when they see a 5'5" curvy blonde chick reffered to as Dragon are amazing!! lol Edited by bellydancerakn

this place is the reason i have my name, kind of. when i started in this industry i had named my store the same name as my coals, you guys refer to them as ch. long story short mush told me that i couldn't post here on hf because the name had an nht feel to it and said i would be welcome if i changed my name. i was in a dilemma because at the time i hadn't introduced my product but they were being manufactured and boxes were in print. i stayed away for awhile yet the other name grew. alot of members here were referring to me by my real name, John. i wanted to be accepted here and spoke to mush again. the same offer stood. so even though it took alot of time and thinking the choice was simple, hookahjohn it was. thanks mush for being fair, alot of people accuse him of being hardheaded but he really is a nice guy,;)

[quote name='Arcane' date='12 April 2010 - 02:23 AM' timestamp='1271057039' post='463178']
i just got really into online gaming (Diablo 2) and needed a cool name...being as uncreative as i am, i just popped open the dictionary and looked for something cool....eventually got to arcane.

i wonder what i would've picked if i had started at Z....
[/quote]

ZARDOZ