Natural Coals Vs. Insta Light Coals

Natural Coals Vs. Insta Light Coals  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more?

I have only used insta-light coals and i thought they were ok but i have been thinking of using natural coals from now on i was wondering which one the rest of the members of the forum like more

I live in an apartment and smoke at the dining room table.It is so much easier to reach over and grab a disk and light it in the charcoal holder.
Ray

[quote name='Coleman' date='09 June 2010 - 01:50 PM' timestamp='1276105836' post='471249']
I have only used insta-light coals and i thought they were ok but i have been thinking of using natural coals from now on i was wondering which one the rest of the members of the forum like more
[/quote]

I'm using the Deezer Quick Flame Charcoal. Lights faster and cleaner than the 3 Kings and doesn't ash or fall apart.

Really good stuff!!!!!!!

Natural Coals for flavor, longer lasting over all better hookah

Quick Lights if you want to set up your hookah faster... EX: Party, or bringing your hookah else where outside your room away from your burner.

I personally use cocos now. I used to use 3k and still have some for those days you just don't want to wait. And I have used another QL thats was rough to say the least..lol I never new that any of the QLs had a taste to them until I tried the cocos. I always get a much nicer smoke when I use the cocos. Just my experience I have had so far though.

I use coco's mostly and like most everyone else 3K when I'm suffering from lack of patience. I just got a sample box of Exotica fingers from an eBayer who ran out of the item I ordered so I'll try those

Nats. No question.

When it comes to a matter of quality or convenience, quality will always win. I would rather wait a couple minutes for nats to warm up than light some nasty coals fast. I'll use the CH instant lights if there is absolutely no way for me to light nats, but thats a rare occasion.

I used to always smoke with quick-lights, but when I started smoking pretty much every day I could severely feel it in my lungs... absolutely definitely (and I have always been an on-again-off-again cigarette smoker, so when I say I feel it in my lungs you know it is bad)... I switched to naturals and never looked back. I guess I have smoked quick-lights at the hookah bar, but I don't think I could ever see myself purchasing quick-lights again.

QL's are so easy...but when I smoke with QL's my head hurts and it's not as enjoyable...So I take the time to light my Naturals...it's a pain but I'd rather take longer in prep for a better smoke to my tastes

I prefer naturals. Yes, they take longer to heat up but the smoke is better. I get better flavor from the shisha, less of harsh taste and less burning in my throat.

• 5 weeks later...
Natural coals (IE: Coconara)

However, quick lights have their advantages. When I travel, I can't always access a coil burner. So having a lighter in handy makes QL ftw. About 90% of my hookah smoking is done at home so I vote natural coals. I also agree on the flavor, heat management and quality of smoke using naturals. Quick lights in general contain more carbon dioxide.

i use to be insta ones only.. but now im 95% natural (prefer coconut mostly) and 5% insta... you cant beat the convience of them.. unless you carry around a solar powered coil burner :pardon: Edited by king_lunchb0x

naturals 100%, I smoked quick lights when I started and got headaches. Once I started buying coco's the first time I tried to use quick lights again I got a chemical taste in the session that I never noticed before naturals.