Natural Coals Vs. Insta Light Coals

Natural Coals Vs. Insta Light Coals  

56 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like more?

[quote name='ilikepie' date='13 July 2010 - 11:08 PM' timestamp='1279087730' post='474983']
I almost always smoke outside or at a friends house so its quick lights for me. I never actually tried naturals but now I wanna try. Is it possible to light them with a regular lighter?
[/quote]

I have done that with the easy light japanese coals and it is more of a pain then it is worth, I could not even see it being possible with cocos. Just get a coil burner from walgreens and get an extension cord.

naturals all the way.
i NEVER use any crappy QLs, part of the whole hookah thing for me is the setup and whatnot... i just put them on the burner, change the water of my hookah, put a little bit of ice in it because its so hot out, pack the bowl, foil it etc... and by that time my coals are almost done.
only QLs i'd ever use again if i can help it are CH QLs, they are the only QLs that smoke as good as nats for me, but their ash is a little annoying
like, quick lights were okay for when we were smoking in the car lol... other than that, and if you're hiking or something, you should always be able to have nats :P
i even used nats camping, just threw them into the fire for a bit and voila

Its like wine, you can buy the really good stuff (naturals, wood for the adventurous) but the real challenge is finding instant lights that taste as good as the real thing. In my experience, starlights are good, but sultan coals are the best I've found. But lately I haven't been able to find them. I can't stand the smell of naturals though! I highly suggest using wood coals when you can, their ash is a pain though, so you should use these outside. Just pour a bit of lighter fluid on them and let them burn till they're totally red, then start; they have a very distinct taste in which I love!

nats, easy choice, ql's for convenience only, or just laziness, i use ql's once every 2 months or so.
once you become more of an experienced smoker, and you are picky about what pipe you have, what shisha you will smoke then i think nats will be the only coal most will choose.

Always naturals, I haven't used one QL since I got hold of natural coals. I only smoke at my place so I don't suppose it'll ever really come up. Maybe camping or something but I don't suppose I'll ever take my hookah camping. QLs just gave me headaches and tasted foul.

I prefer instant lights. I have tried naturals and for some reason they just get too hot. I use one Natural and its not hot enough and two is really hot haha It's just been frustrating so i went back to QL's. I am using a Egyptian Clay Bowl so maybe its because my bowl is so small.