Mini Phunnel Talk

Eric told me the minis weigh somewhere betwen 8-9oz. I just need to know how much the box weighs. I ordered like a hundred and some odd boxes from usps and I am going to call them and as how much they weigh. If its less than 6-5oz then shipping in the usa will be around $4.80 and I think I can work out international orders somewhere around $25-30

it could also be 5.50 and a few other prices in between that and 8.50 .

Between one and two pounds the prices are

Zones 1 and 2 = 4.80
Zone 3 = 5.05
Zone 4 = 5.60
Zone 5 = 6.80
Zone 6 = 7.20
Zone 7 = 7.70
Zone 8 = 8.25

So your chances are better that it will be 4.80 -7 bucks or so rather than 8.25

Wow...I am so pissed that this all started this weekend.

Ive been out of the country since about noon on Friday, without an internet connection. The one time that I'm away from the internet for more than a day this amazing offer happens and I miss it. That is a real bummer that all of them have been sold already.

Any real chance that this will not just be a limited run, and actuall go into mass production? Or any chance that there will be another round of orders for these?

QUOTE (freezerburn456 @ Oct 19 2008, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ive been out of the country since about noon on Friday, without an internet connection. The one time that I'm away from the internet for more than a day this amazing offer happens and I miss it. That is a real bummer that all of them have been sold already.

Any real chance that this will not just be a limited run, and actuall go into mass production? Or any chance that there will be another round of orders for these?

From my understanding this is a one shot pony.....and the offer was put up on thursday!

QUOTE (freezerburn456 @ Oct 19 2008, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

From what I've heard, Eric is completely against the idea of a smaller phunnel, and he is only making it basically so we will shut up. The chances of this becoming another phunnel SKU is slim to none. Maybe he'll make another limited run in the future, but sadly this may be it for a long time.

It's funny. I was at Eric's lounge and I told him I could only stay like an hour, but all he uses in large. I guess for him it doesn't matter how much tobacco he uses.

QUOTE (click @ Oct 19 2008, 04:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It's funny. I was at Eric's lounge and I told him I could only stay like an hour, but all he uses in large. I guess for him it doesn't matter how much tobacco he uses.

I would guess that Tangiers is a little cheaper for him. tongue.gif

For me, though, throwing out several grams of shisha after ever session makes me feel guilty. I might as well be using wadded-up dollar bills as coals.

A - Tangiers is not the only tobacco we use in phunnels so I can imagine that after the largest and most succesful hookah forum on the web takes such extreme interest that someone will put smaller phunnels into production, we can hope it's Eric since his are of such better quality than the alternatives we've seen but realistically I would buy a mini phunnel from a crappy chinese company before I'd buy a "small" from Tangiers. I have a medium and it's just huge, too huge for me. I mostly smoke solo and I just cant justify spending so long smoking a bowl let alone a single flavor. I'm a busy man.

B - I do understand his opinion and admire his passion for hookah and that he loves it so much that he's not willing to sacrifice the potential lower quality that expansion can bring. Pretty cool despite the frustrations we can have at the limited quantities of certain Tangiers products that someone would essentially bring shisha making to a level of mastery like he has. Frankly it's pretty damn cool to me that he takes the position he does in this fast pace have it NOW consumerist society, especialy since our hobby and pasion is based upon relaxing and slowing the fuck down. Eric the Shishamonger (heehee)?

GNR +1 to point B of your opinion piece biggrin.gif
From the point of view of a spoiled consumer brat it is a bit annoying that many flavours are often out of stock, but on a different level I really appreciate the fact that although the demand has gone way up, Tangiers still makes kick-ass shisha and doesn't allow it to become a veblen (jacking up the price as the demand increases). I know everyone, including myself, would like to get everything as cheap as possible, but then again $12-13 for 250g of what essentially is a handmade product seems *very* reasonable to me, especially given that it is produced in the USA with US-grown tobacco. I'll be making a switch to Tangiers-only starting from my next order, so I hope Tangiers doesn't change... except for the addition of new flavours!

/rant+thread jack smile.gif

well im planning to buy a cigar box from a smoke shop and cut some foam to match the box then carve out a well for the phunnel, to prevent anything from happening when in storage.

Any other storage ideas?

QUOTE (indian_villager @ Oct 19 2008, 09:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm going to buy a used soviet tank and place the phunnels inside them covered in bubble wrap!

Ground shipping I presume? biggrin.gif
Well you'll have to ship via air for me, so may I suggest a soviet MIG?

So Eric's basically doing this so we dont bug him about it anymore? Wow. I didnt realize that demand was that intense. I dont think it's gonna calm down doing this release. It's gonna make the masses want it more. Man should be happy demand is so high for his products. Most salesmen would splooge over having what he has, a ready audience with demand so high he cant keep products in stock. That is the dictionary definition of a good company.

Keep it all coming Eric!

word. i have a small that will be here on tuesday so it will be interesting to see the smoking times between the 2. i however wouldnt mind having a large with a mya 4 hose and seeing how long that beast will go. throw a party on the weekend, light it up saturday around need and smoke it all the way thru sunday and see how long it lasts.

QUOTE (joelhookah @ Oct 20 2008, 12:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
word. i have a small that will be here on tuesday so it will be interesting to see the smoking times between the 2. i however wouldnt mind having a large with a mya 4 hose and seeing how long that beast will go. throw a party on the weekend, light it up saturday around need and smoke it all the way thru sunday and see how long it lasts.

You will be out of coals before you crisp that bowl!

All i have to say is thanks to IV for setting this up and eric for doing it...and anyone else involved! i smoke solo, so this will definitely save me a lot of money, which is extremely neccessary at this point. So, thanks guys!

I'm also terrified of breaking it.