Wow

DyinTuLive

Swifthistle is awesome. A stack on most realms goes for around 13g. But I couldn't live without mining.

Anybody making the move to LOTR online? Open beta. Downloading the torrent right now. I've heard it sucks, but I'm still trying it. Most of the omgihateitlolz come from people who don't like the pvp system, which, imo, is greatness. I've heard the crafting system is much better, too.

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i just started wow hardcore but i wouldnt mind givin LOTR online. saw a couple videos and it looks interesting. where do u download it from. i heard u can level 2 15 on the beta.

Go here.

You get an access key, and then set up an account. After that you can download the client from their site, or as a torrent file. Open beta runs until April 24th. That should be enough time to decide if I want to pay for it.

I'm mostly interested in the more realistic visuals. I like LOTR lore better than WoW lore, too.

thanks! ill def check it out. ill probably download it 2morrow. being a huge WC3 fan, i love the wow lore. everything about it 2 me screams epic.

I was in a raiding guild from the release of BWL , through AQ (except viscidus), and like 1/3 through naxx. When I needed potions or other mats for resist gear or something I went out and farmed the most expensive parts, then just went on and farmed gold through my own ways and bought the cheap shit. However I was pretty well off in terms of gold, and didn't even need to farm to make money, although I had nothing else to do in non-raiding hours so I did it anyways.

here is my main toon without buffs of any sorts ( no aspect of hawk, no pet out)
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#charact...l&n=Bubbler

my alt pvp priest
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/#charact...mp;n=Lovemuffin

lol if anyone wants to buy my account let me know i havent played in awhile -= / been hitting up my xbox360 and wii instead

After playing LOTRO for the past couple of days, I'd say WoW isn't going to lose many players. I like it, but it just seems like something’s missing. It's a little clunky, but after all it is still in beta.

Biggest gripe is that it seems like they started out to make a unique game... then they started to borrow from WoW a little too much.

QUOTE (james @ Apr 12 2007, 10:53 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
After playing LOTRO for the past couple of days, I'd say WoW isn't going to lose many players. I like it, but it just seems like something’s missing. It's a little clunky, but after all it is still in beta.

Biggest gripe is that it seems like they started out to make a unique game... then they started to borrow from WoW a little too much.

+ one on that. i will totally agree that it's just missing something. i played for a few days and just couldnt get into it. it looks pretty, but looks alone wont sell a game.

LOTRO has /smoke.

You pull out a calabash pipe and start puffing. With hobbits that is. Kinda nice. I wonder if it's a different pipe for each race? Humans get a churchwarden, dwarves a meeschaum, etc. I guess I'll try later.

After playing LOTRO a little while, I might drop WoW. LOTRO needs a little work and tuning, but it's a damn good beta. It's also prettier imo. And cheaper.

*edit*
All races use a calabash pipe. Oh well. Edited by james

• 2 weeks later...
boy is this thread dead in the water! i am finally at lvl 51. 9 more levels and ill hit up outland. im working on the dungeon armor set atm. yea outland drops r probably better than either of them but im gonna need it when i hit 70 and wanna upgrade to the 3rd dungeon set which just looks bad ass and has some nice stats to along with it. squiz man ima need ur help with zf run to get embrace of the lycan i am so fuckin tired of that place its not even funny. stupid rogue had 2 need roll against me. ohh well she gave me wolfshead helm as a freebie so it wasnt too bad. that with furor i generate a shitload of rage/energy when i shapeshift right off the bat so its pretty nice.

QUOTE (DyinTuLive @ Apr 20 2007, 04:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That hunter that linked his shit in the armory to here has some really shitty outdated shit lol

that would be because i dont play anymore ha. my account has been dead for 2 months atleast. just cant find the time with school and life.

QUOTE (xpimpitox @ Apr 30 2007, 04:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
boy is this thread dead in the water! i am finally at lvl 51. 9 more levels and ill hit up outland. im working on the dungeon armor set atm. yea outland drops r probably better than either of them but im gonna need it when i hit 70 and wanna upgrade to the 3rd dungeon set which just looks bad ass and has some nice stats to along with it. squiz man ima need ur help with zf run to get embrace of the lycan i am so fuckin tired of that place its not even funny. stupid rogue had 2 need roll against me. ohh well she gave me wolfshead helm as a freebie so it wasnt too bad. that with furor i generate a shitload of rage/energy when i shapeshift right off the bat so its pretty nice.

i got my mage on my bros server to 67 last night. 3 more levels and i can start getting keyed for Karazan. u know that u can go to outworld when u hit lvl 58 right? when i went to outworld i changed my head piece 3 times in the first hour that i was out there. plus its so easy to make gold out there. a lot of the mobs drop random greens so u have stuff to either sell at auction or as vendor trash.

im halfway 2 55! one of my buddies on there change dhis gear like 6 times already within 3 lvls of outworld. i cant wait 2 hit ramparts for ursols claw! my guild is planning a kara raid next week sadly i aint high enough or attuned. is kara the only outland raid at the moment? i know theres the black temple in development bu what other raids does OL have.

yeah, i believe Kara is the only one right now. it's a 10 man. the others are 5 man instances. im about ready for Old Durnholde at Caverns of Time. i cant wait!!!!!

QUOTE (angemonkwj @ May 11 2007, 03:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yeah, i believe Kara is the only one right now. it's a 10 man. the others are 5 man instances. im about ready for Old Durnholde at Caverns of Time. i cant wait!!!!!

forgot about those, thanks.

hey nofrendo, u heard that there is a world of starcraft coming out right?

world of starcraft...damn u blizzard for takin even more of my money! i heard about it but completely forgot as i am so sucked into wow i barely touch anythin else (although i just finished a 3 hour session of oblivion...amazing game i love the open endedness(sp)!) shit even if they make it exactly like wow but with starcraft lore id buy it. but i hear they dont wanna milk the cash cow and make it different from wow. we'll see. its gonna b hard for me 2 handle to MMO's :X

i quit playing SWG and EQ2 cause i could only handle one mmo at a time. aside from the fact that all 3 of those games took up so much room on my pc. on a side note, did anyone see the balck temple preview trailer? looks awesome!

i sure did looks amazing i cant wait to raid that badboy! im half a level 2 58 then ill b in outland finally. it feels like these past 5 months i been playin wow our nothing compared to what lies ahead of me in OL. heh i woulda been in OL but i decided to take a druid break and created another alt (which is gonna b my main alt finally) a human warlock. probably go demonology or destruction route since all the damn kiddies on my server are affliction. and yashman who has like a billion locks that r affliction as well tongue.gif