Putting ice in hookah base ? Good or bad and why ?

General consensus around here is more or less nothing. It cools the smoke off a bit but if it's too cooled off flavor tends to diminish, really optimal is kinda room temp water from what I've tried.

• Upvote 1

IIRC, warm water makes more smoke.  If you want a cool smoke feeling, and don't mind mint flavor, then add some mint flavor to your bowls.

what ??? Warm mater=more smoke ?? :o 

Definitely more flavor coming through than with super cold water. Best bet is kinda room temp really.

but do you get decent amount of clouds with room temp water ?? 

The difference in cloud size based on water temperature is completely negligible. How you pack your bowl and manage your heat is going to make a much bigger difference.

Sooo I guess the temp of the water you put in your base is irrelevant,right ?? 

• 1 month later...

plus if you put ice in your base, they you have to add more water then you should to make up the difference for the ice melting and when the ice melts you need to make sure you know where the water level will be when it melts. so i just say meh dont do it.

• 2 months later...

i still put some ice in the base, I know its not the HF thing to do but I like the slight cooling of the smoke. I still get good flavor coming through and clouds seems to be just fine. I should try some sessions with just tap water, its been a while since I've done it.

One thing to keep in mind when it comes to putting ice in the base is you can end up cracking the glass if you're not careful... Happened to a Mya QT base I once had, but I think the crack held for a bit of time while Shawn (fineout) used it in Germany. :lol:

12 minutes ago, Chreees said:

One thing to keep in mind when it comes to putting ice in the base is you can end up cracking the glass if you're not careful... Happened to a Mya QT base I once had, but I think the crack held for a bit of time while Shawn (fineout) used it in Germany. :lol:

agreed thats how I lost my last base. Somehow punched a hole right through the side. But did get 4yrs of daily use tho

I think it's using water that is TOO cold. No harm in using cool water, so long as it's not extremely cold. Also be sure to not use hot water when rinsing your base out during cleanup...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk