Appraisals: What Is Your Item Worth?

Chreees

Egermann Bohemian Base came with the regal I just bought and well it depends if I like it in person if I am keeping it or not. Anyone know how much? qunenada.jpg

This is almost embarrassing to post... Thinking about putting it up for sale or trade but obviously it's not in new condition, and obviously it's not worth a whole lot. 

Backstory on this pipe is I bought it on Ebay from some guy in Israel. It came with a rotted downstem so I pulled it out and replaced it with a 17" long brass pipe. Downstem is short at ~5.5" but it fits a 10" base perfectly. Cost of pipe was $60, brass pipe was $20. I know this is an appraisals thread, but shoot me a PM if you are interested in buying or trading for the pipe. 

When I got the pipe: 
 yNE3Tpe.jpg

Pictures from yesterday (don't mind the athletic tape grommet):
Y1BCKD7.jpg
Some JB-Weld around the purge valve. 
Lp9Grso.jpg
This pipe is lovely on the outside
Q9R7g8E.jpg
Black chamber plate from my torch. 
tGY42RH.jpg
Years of abuse and the heat from my torch is causing the plating to wear off on the bowl port. Small dent in the port, still holds a bowl very well. 
cRZqIWa.jpg

More plating wear, this is definitely the worst aesthetic part of the pipe. 
3EYfACD.jpg

17" tall with downstem. 
3wsveON.jpg
Edited by wek-sos

What happened to the bowl port?

It was like that when I got it. I resoldered the new downstem in, and when I did the heat made the plating bubble up some more. If nobody is interested, I will replace the tray rest/bowl port with that of a Turkish or Egyptian pipe and keep it in my collection. 

edit - I have enough hydrochloric acid to remove the plating completely... Do you think this pipe was plated to hide imperfections in the brass? 

Edited by wek-sos

Yelp i didn't know where to go to ask people what this stuff is worth so I figured I would try to get a thread made(:

Good call Addison! This thread is very useful! great for people who want something hookah-related appraised.  

2yqy8ara.jpg Hey guys, there's a guy asking for $25 bucks for this hookah. He claims never used, but I doubt that because he doesn't know the brand so he probably got it from someone. Do any of you know what it is and approx. value? The hose looks like a KM hose, but I'm not sure about the stem or base. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hose port looks Syrian.  Also looks like it might take male bowls so keep that in mind.  

No telling on the brand but that's not important.

Can you go look at it in person or would it be shipped to you?  If you can look at it in person to verify it's in good shape, that would be a good little pipe for $25. As long as you like it.

The hose is very likely to be garbage.

Anymore pictures? I don't know to much about hookahs but maybe you could call or text and see if he can send some more pictures to help people verify it and appraise it.

I thought it looked kind of Syrian because of the port, but I didn't want to make that guess because of my inexperience with Hookahs. Although I had no idea about the male bowl. I'll ask the gent if he could send me more pictures.

Sorry for the double post, but the hose in fact Syrian as well so it definitely has to be a Syrian hookah.

Well I mean anyone could just pair a Syrian hose on another hookah. Hose port is definitely Syrian, male bowl ports are typically used on Syrian, Lebanese, and Turkish hookahs. Base paintings look Syrian but like I said about the hose... 

It's definitely a hollow stem, and the hose port looks way too small to use on a washable hose like a Nammor

I don't know. I like the base, I need more male bowls, and the stem looks cool so even if it was just a decoration in my house, $25 would be worth it to me. 

I picked it up for the $25. It feels like it's not good quality, but for $25, I think it's fine. I'll post pictures when I get back home on the other thread. The actual stem is pretty light so it's probably stainless steel or even worse, aluminum. The base is nice though. As you guys said , the hose was shit so I ordered a new one and it came with two male, clay bowls. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I bought a stem very similar to 576296_291141014304610_447294190_n.jpg

This one, but it has 1 hose port following the Nour style. Same marble design, different color. I am doing a local pickup in 2 weeks and I really can't wait, however I will only be keeping it for looks, special occasion smoker... Since these are obviously rare, what do you think it is worth?