Sweet Melon

DCShisha

Nakhla Sweet MelonSmell: (10-10) strong but pleasant aroma of cantelope; while letting it acclimate, my kitchen smelled strongly of cantelopeCut: (7-10) cut is consistently small; no large leaves and few stemsSetup: Social Smoke Egyptian (32" I think), large Tangiers bowl (original style), tap water in baseFoil/Screen: foil with concentric pattern of about 25 small holesCoals: started with 1 40mm 3 Kings and added another after the bowl had warmed upSmoke: (10-10) once second coal was added, very thick clouds of smokeFlavor: (10-10) undoubtedly melon (cantelope specifically); it tastes authentic, no sickenly sweet candy taste. My fiance and I both really enjoyed this tobacco; the flavor has held strong for about an hour now and isn't going down yet. We had tried this at a new hookah lunge last night and liked it enough to walk out with a 250g box of it--it was only $7.17 which didn't seem like a bad deal considering I didn't have to pay shipping.Overall: (10-10) This is my first experience with Nakhla and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone. I'm interested in trying other flavors from Nakhla now.Update: after about 1.25 hours, smoke had dropped off and my coals were about history; I added a 3rd 40mm 3 Kings and we're smoking again. Flavor is still 100% there.

Nakhla Sweet melonSetupHookah: Mya Saray QT E ClassBowl: Standard Mya bowlScreen usedCoals: Fakher al somethin or other natural fingersHose: Standard Mya Saray HoseCut: nakhla cut, every one knows itSmell: Real melon, i cant quite pick if its rock melon or honey dew, but its definately no lolly scent.Smoke: Average thicknessTaste: Incredible. Rich, sweet but not sickly, and the melon is definately there. You get that cool vapour on your tongue as you inhale (if u put ur tongue near ur lip) and feel the flavour again on the exhale.Duration: 1 hour +Overall: Still to this day, it is my number one favourite shisha. The best melon flavour compared to Al Waha and Al Fakher. Good buzz. Fairly dry, but didnt burn too quickly. Once it did, it still wasnt unbareably harsh.Loved it5/5

• 3 months later...
Shisha Freds Review: Nakhla Sweet Melon

Setup: 26 inch egyptian
Bowl: Standard Lebanese Clay bowl
Hose: Standard Crappy hose tongue.gif
Screen/Foil: Foil , labout 16 fork holes . 3Kings
Liquid In base: Cold water with ice cubes

Cut: Not very wet , almost dry , but it was already old and opened. Typical Nakhla cut with a couple of stems and short tobacco strips.

Smell: A mild cantalope smell , but not the sweetest melon i've smelled or tasted. I think of it as the end of the cantalope , where the flavour is less sweet and more faint.

Taste: Pleasant , a cantalope taste that is just right. Not too sweet and never sickening. Fruity.

Smoke Thickness: Good. I was actually suprised , but the smoke was pretty thick for how dry the tobacco was.

Buzz: I took a monster puff when we had 1 and a half coal and almost fainted tongue.gif Pretty good buzz , usual Nakhla buzz I'd say

Duration: 1h+ if I remember correctly

• 1 month later...
sweet melon

Setup

- 37 inch egyptian with diffuser (cuts in the stem, like the lakemonster mod, as described in; http://www.hookahforum.com/De-Gurgled-Mya-Mod-t6554.html)
- 1 three kings 40mm
- Ice cubes in the base

Appearance

looks light brown, medium wetness.

Smell

Sweet, but different from real melon.

Taste

really good. i think this is the best flavor nakhla produces, it is hard to describe the actual taste though.

Smoke

very thick, lots of smoke. smoked perfectly from start to end (about 1 1/2 hours)

Buzz

didn`t get any, maybe because i also smoke cigarettes.

Overall

very good flavor, and lots of value for money. i always keep this one in stock. 9/10

• 3 months later...
Nakhla melon

Setup: Three kings coal with tap water in the base

Smell: Sweet, like a cantalope

Smoke: Smoke was kind of thin compared to upper tier brands

Flavor: Tasted really good, exactly like sweet melon

Overall: 8/10- Very good Nakhala flavor, probably my favorite flavor of this brand. My only complaint is the (somewhat) weak density of the smoke.

• 4 months later...
Sweet Melon

Setup: KM Amer, 2 japs/1gold QL, Mya Bowl

Look: Drier than any i've seen, chunky leaves, could not find any stems

Smell: Like Melons!

Taste: Like has been said in every SM review, AMAZING, perfect taste, nice and sweet, not overpowering, delicious

Smoke: I read somewhere before Nahkla has an off colored smoke, YES!. Kind of Greenish.. But moslty White. These clouds were off the heezy! Hide the stem, block out my lamplight...

Buzz: I took it slow, didn't power inhale, and it was a nice and cozy buzz.

Overall: 10/10 , a keeper. wink.gif

• 5 months later...
Nakhla Sweet Melon:Smell- definetley has a really nice melon smell, almost certainly cantaloupe. As far as the strength of the smell, this is somewhat limited by the relative dryness of the shisha compared to brands like starbuzz. 7/10 Smoke-very good when you can get it right, not the thickest but very good smoke reguardless. Bowls last a decent amount of time. I have to say that this is a very precarious tobacco to smoke, because it can and will rip your throat to shreds if it is heated too much. If you can get it right 8/10 if not, you probably shoudn't be smoking it.Taste- The place where it really shines is the flavor. It is probably the best melon flavor I have tried and is true to the smell. 9/10 Buzz- Well to begin with its very strong. It's also very pleasant at the same time, and is very enjoyable when sitting down in a comfortable chair or on the floor. 9/10 Overall I would give this shisha a 9/10. I personally prefer Nakhla over other brands because of the buzz and the price. However this shisha also performs well in terms of flavor and smoke making it very enjoyable and a good choice.

• 3 weeks later...
Nakhla Sweet Melon

I got loads of Nakhla shisha from egypt atleast 20+ and my sister said she tried Sweet Melon and was good so I thought lets give it a go. This was my first ever time smoking Nakhla and I was thinking I was gonna get a real big buzz and stop but

Setup:

Mya Bambino Sky Blue
Cold Water
1 Quick Light

Smell:
Didn't really smell like Sweet Melon more like something crap.

Cut:
Quite abit of stems and not juicy as Al-Fakher or Layalina.

Smoke:
Impressed some big clouds...big enough for O's

Flavor:
Oh man! was I wrong from the smell! damn some amazing taste was it...The best smoke ever since i've got my own hookah...honestly

Buzz: Nothing really just really little light headed...

Duration:
Atleast 1hour + no harshness or anything.

Overall:
This is my first Nahkla and I'm quite impressed.I heard from loads of people that its really strong and gives you a real big buzz...but I got barely no buzz. I'm gonna have to try the rest of the nakhla i've got. outta 10 - 9/10

• 3 months later...
Nahkla Sweet Melon

Setup:
Hookah: KM Tri-Metal
Bowl: Phunnel
Coals: 3 1/4 Exoticas
Foil/Screen: Foil
Water: Cold

Cut: Pretty wet for Nahkla standards. Typical Nakhla cut. Choppy.

Smell: Smell is very strong of cantelope.

Taste: Great taste. Very strong cantelope taste.

Smoke: Very thick and smooth smoke. Huge clouds.

Buzz: Moderate to Strong

Longevity: 1 1/2

Rating: 8.5/10

Nakhla Sweet Melon

Setup: Mya Acrylic 2 hose, 3K quicklights, modern ceramic bowl
Smell: Slightly melon, but not much. Nakhla never seems to give off a hefty smell for me
Taste: Ungodly amazing. Sweet melon flavor without being overly canteloupe, but with that hint in the back that lets you know exactly what the taste is. And I won't eat canteloupe.
Session: 1.5+ hours on modern ceramic - can't wait to try in a tangiers phunnel
Buzz: When you stand up you get some lightheaded, but just sitting there smoking I don't notice anything. Not a plus or a minus from me - I'm not in it for the buzz but I dont care if I get it or not.

Overal: 9/10. This is my 'go to' smoke. Any time I have a subpar session with another brand or flavor, I run back and pack some Nakhla Sweet Melon and I know I'll at least finish with a good session. No matter how much heat I give it, it never seems to get too harsh and always tastes amazing all the way till I'm tired of smoking.

Nakhla Sweet Melon

Appearance: Moist and sticky. Found it easier to separate than other nakhlas

Smell: Like shoving your face into a cantaloupe. Smell is very strong and pleasant, overpowering with continuous smelling.

Taste: Godly. Like you really are smoking the actual fruit. Best tasting naklha I've smoked so far. Flawlessly sweet flavor that gently spreads from the back of your tounge to its sides. Cannot rave enough <3

Smoke: Good smoke with average sized clouds and consistency. Would have thought the smoke been more dense for the incredible taste

Buzz: Consistent, moderate buzz throughout the session.

Overall :
A good nakhla product, all around favorable with the notable excpetion of the PHENOMENAL taste. Look into techniques to get a thicker smoke and you will have some of your most memorable sessions with this yummyness.

A.G's rating------8.5/10

• 1 month later...
Nakhla Sweet Melon

Hookah: Mya Bambino
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynolds HD
Hose: Standard Mya
Coals: Coconaras
Base Liquid: Water

Appearance: Short Sticky Cut, typical of Nakhla
Nicotine: 0.5%
Base: Molasses
Smell: Like Honeydew melon
Taste: Like Most melons I have tasted, it did have a very good sweet honeydew flavor
Smoke: Great Clouds, Huge and White
Buzz: Average Buzz
Duration: 2 Hours

Purchased From: Trade from FalloutMan

Overall: 9/10 Everyone seems to be a huge fan, it's good, but not my favorite. As Melon Flavors Go, 1) Nakhla 2) Romman 3) Al Fakher in that order. I like it it's a good flavor, but I will surely keep this around and enjoy every gram of it

• 4 months later...
Nakhla Sweet Melon

Hookah: 30" Nour
Bowl: Clay Egyptian
Hose: KM
Coals: Tried Exoticas the first time, Coconaras the second.

Appearance: Short and Sticky. Not too wet, as I expected.
Smell: Exactly what I would expect for a melon flavor. Smelled like honeydew to me.
Taste: Sweet and tasty. Not overwhelming, nor was it not flavorful enough. Tasted like it smells.
Smoke: Nice thick clouds.
Buzz: Nothing too strong. Relaxing
Duration: About and hour or so

Overall: 9/10. This was my first time smoking Nakhla. I got it based upon a few good recommendations I have seen throughout the board in the past couple months. Not disappointed whatsoever. I opened it up at a stop light on the way home to take a smell, and it was great. I was excited to get home and try it out. I smoked two bowls of it last night with my brother and parents (My dads first hookah experience, he finally decided to give it a try), and it was a fun night. Nice and flavorful smoke that everyone enjoyed. It did taste a little better with the Exoticas to me, but lets leave that for the coal reviews...

Recommended. I'll be picking up another 250 of this before this one runs out, as it will quickly.

• 1 month later...
Nakhla Sweet Melon
Hookah: KM Faridat
Bowl: Small Phunnel
Screen/Foil: Reynold HD
Hose: Km Deluxe
Coals: CH
Base Liquid: Aqua

Appearance: Chunky cut, brown and sticky
Smell: Melony goodness, 90% cantaloupe and 10% something else
Taste: Tastes like it smells
Smoke: by itself meh...with glycerine AWESOME
Buzz: None
Duration: 1.5 Hours

Overall: 2 parts to the rating
Flavor-10/10 Great flavor tastes just like it smells, if you like cantaloupe I would really suggest this flavor
Strength of flavor-7/10 It just not strong enough sad.gif
Overall 8.5/10- by far the best melon I have had. I love it even though it is weaker then most other Nakhla flavors

• 1 month later...
Nakhla Sweet Melon

Hookah: Mya Razo
Bowl: Small Phunnel, packed like Tangiers
Hose:
Grand Washable
Coals: HJ Natural

Appearance: Usual Nakhla cut, moderately wet.
Smell: Just like a honeydew melon
Taste: Exactly like it smells, a fresh cut honeydew or canteloupe
Smoke: Good Clouds, I added about 1oz of glycerin to my 250g
Buzz: None for me, my friend got one.
Duration: 1.5 Hour

Purchased From: HookahJohn

Overall: 9/10 This is a great fruit flavor, not particularly too sweet like candy, just like a fresh melon. I'll be purchasing this again.

Stole Stuie's format. Thanks Stu.

• 4 months later...
Nakhla Sweet Melon

Appearance: Dry, not much liquid oils in the package.

Smell: a light sweet smell

Taste: its okay, a sweet sweet melon taste. however not as sweet as SB cantaloupes.

Smoke: a little bit than better smoke

Buzz: absolutely no buzz

Overall: its okay but i wish it was more wet + better packaging.

• 1 month later...
Nakhla sweet melon
Hookah: 32 inch km copper heart
Bowl: small egypyian
Hose: razzan
Coals: 1 40mmgolden

Appearance: Usual short cut with natural looking tobacco, Semi Moist
Smell: like fresh ripe cantalope
Taste: just like it smalls
Smoke: Great Clouds
Buzz: typical nakhla buzz
Duration: 1 Hour

Purchased From:
hookah shisha
Overall: 9/10;This is great stuff indeed Great taste,great smell,perfect in every way

• 1 month later...
El Nakhla Sweet Melon

Hookah: Mya QT
Bowl: Tangiers Small Phunnel
Hose: Standard Mya hose
Coals: 2 Coconaras, split into four halves

Appearance: Average Nakhla cut, pretty moist for Nakhla.
Nicotine: .5%
Smell: Orgasm in the nose sweet delicious melon
Taste: Delicious melon
Smoke: Nice big clouds, but took a good while for it to heat up and get big clouds
Buzz: Nice, good buzz.
Duration: Hour

Purchased From: Local Middle Eastern shop in Nashville

Overall: 10/10

I'm loving this stuff. It tastes amazing. Definitely now one of my fav's. Will buy again.

• 9 months later...
[color=#CACACA][size=2]Nakhla Sweet Melon

Hookah: Km single pear
Bowl: Alien mini phunnel
Screen/Foil: reynolds HD
Hose: nammor
Coals: hj coconut x2
Base Liquid: h2o

Appearance: normal nakhla, undyed, sticky, ribbons with a few big stems
Nicotine: .05
Base: Honey and Glycerine
Smell: melon-y, sweet, herbal, green
Taste: candy melon flavor, like honeydew mixed with cantalope, slightly creamy. good and strong
Smoke: lots
Buzz: big
Duration: 1 hour 15 minutes

Purchased From: hookahcompany
Overall 8.5/10 Great melon. tastes almost exactly like these japanese melon and cream suckers i buy for my kids. very tasty and the best melon ive had.[/size][/color]

• 4 months later...
[size=2][b][size=2][color="#1C2837"]Nakhla[/color][color="#FFA500"] Sweet Melon[/color][/size][/b]

[color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2][b]Hookah:[/b] 28" Egyptian
[b]Bowl:[/b] 68mm medium Egyptian clay bowl, holds approx. 10g
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] heavy-duty recycled aluminium foil, four layers[b]
Hose: [/b]standard Egyptian leather/metal hose, wooden handle & connections
[b]Coals:[/b] Abo Alabed, natural Syrian olive wood charcoal, plenty of it and fresh coals after one hour.
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Unusually moist for Nahkla, lots of molasses. Tobacco in regular shreds as per any other Nakhla.
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.5%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell:[/b] Pleasant, slight melon smell from unopened packet. An aggressive, solvent-like aroma (think marker pens) on opening the packet/jar, which clears to a strong melon scent. I found the smell overpowering initially, but pleasant at the second or third sniff.
[b]Taste:[/b] Not as strong as the smell suggested, a pleasant but subtle melon flavour. Sweet but not cloyingly so.
[b]Smoke:[/b] Good, thick clouds of typical greyish-white Nakhla smoke.
[b]Buzz: [/b]Good
[b]Duration: [/b]2 hours 30 minutes all told, with replacement coals at just over 1 hour. Some loss of flavour after one hour, but pleasant throughout.
[b]
Purchased From:[/b] local store
[b]
Overall: [/b]8/10. [/size][/font][/color][/size][color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2]A pleasant melon flavour, certainly among the better Nakhla flavours I've tried. Rivals Two Apples as a generic, sweet every day smoke. On the negative side, the flavour was not as strong or as long-lasting as I would ideally have liked, but on balance, I'd recommend it.[/size][/font][/color]

[size=2][color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2]
[/size][/font][/color][/size]
[size=2][color=#5D5D5D][font=tahoma, arial, verdana, sans-serif][size=2]
[/size][/font][/color][/size]

• 3 months later...
[size="4"][b]NAKHLA [color="#ffa500"]SWEETMELON[/color][/b][/size]
[b]Hookah[/b]:Km single pear

[b]Bowl:[/b] H-j mini phunnel
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose:[/b] NArb v4
[b]Coals:[/b] CH nats
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water+ice
[b]Appearance:[/b] medium long strands, thick juice but not a lot of it
[b]Nicotine:[/b] says .5%
[b]Base:[/b] honey...?
[b]Smell: [/b]sweet cantaloupe
[b]Taste: [/b]melon honeydew/cantaloupe
[b]Smoke:[/b] large Clouds

[b]Buzz:[/b] no Buzz

[b]Duration:[/b] 1 Hour 40min

Purchased From: local store

[b]Overall: 7/10[/b] to me one of the stronger nak flavors. not all that sweet. But very melon taste. Cheap,easy heat management, Good stuff i say. Just wish the actual flavor lasted a bit longer but for 10$ 250g its not bad.

• 3 months later...
[b]Naklah [/b]Sweet Melon
[b]Hookah: [/b]Mya Bambino
[b]Bowl:[/b] Standard Egyptian
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynolds Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals: Golden Quick lights 40mm[/b][b]
[b]Base Liquid:[/b][/b] Water

[b]Appearance: moist and sticky, typical Naklah, few stems
[/b]

[b]Nicotine: [/b][b].5
[b]Unwashed[/b]
[b]Smell: Cantaloupe [/b][/b]
[b]Taste: Cantaloupe [/b]
[b]Smoke:[/b] big white clouds
[b]Buzz:[/b] Typical knock you on your ass Naklah
[b]Duration: 1 hour[/b]

[b]Purchased From: [/b]Hookah Company

[b]Overall: 8/10 this flavor seemed to last shorter then the other flavors I have tried with Naklah. Just as the name suggest it is a very sweet cantaloupe like melon. Pretty good if that's what your looking for, I think I'm going to use it more as a mixer then anything myself. [/b]

• 1 year later...
[size=5][b]Nakhla Sweet Melon[/b][/size]

[b]Hookah: [/b]Khalil Mamoon Pharonie
[b]Bowl:[/b] Egyptian
[b]Screen/Foil:[/b] Reynold Heavy Duty
[b]Hose: [/b]Nammor
[b]Coals: [/b]AF QLs
[b]Base Liquid:[/b] Water

[b]Appearance: [/b]Short cut with natural color, Slightly Sticky, Several Stems. Tpyical Nakhla
[b]Nicotine:[/b] 0.5%
[b]Base:[/b] Molasses
[b]Smell: [/b]Like honeydew
[b]Taste: [/b]Like Honeydew, with floral aspects.
[b]Smoke: [/b]Great Clouds
[b]Buzz: [/b]Good
[b]Duration:[/b] 2 Hours

[b]Purchased From: [/b]Sent to me from overseas

[b]Overall: [/b]7.5/10. After hearing everyone on the forum rave about this flavor, I was super excited to try it. Upon opening the package, I was hit with the strong honeydew smell. I got really excited as honeydew is one of my favorite fruits, and I've yet to have a good honeydew shisha. Once I got it smoking, the taste of honeydew was evident, however, it was not as strong as I had hoped, plus I noticed some floral notes. It is definitely the best tasting honeydew flavor I have found, yet not as strong as I would like. Not something I would purchase with every order, but definitely a keeper and one to try.